PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Raiders Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Please post your comments, knee jerk reactions and insightful observations regarding today's 2014 week 3 game vs the Oakland Raiders in this thread. Please do not start other threads concerning today's game as they will be merged or deleted.

Today's game is the home opener at Gillette for the Patriots and will start a 1PM ET and broadcasted on CBS.

The weather is suppose to be warm with possible showers:
Scattered showers, mainly before 4pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 78. Southeast wind 7 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New precipitation amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible. Not much to effect the playing of the game.
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots

Let's hope for a good game, with no injuries, and a Patriots victory.

Well, I'm ready. Got a new red Patriots towel to use as a table cover for the spread. Have snackage and drinks at the ready, and looking forward to kickoff!

While it's always possible that Oakland could pull off a win today, I just don't see it happening. It's New England's home opener, the weather is typical new England, and Brady & Company are still pissed off about that opening loss to Miami.

So, GO PATS!

I hope they hold Collins out and anyone else they have physical questions about. Today ain't worth it. They'll need evryone ready to go in 8 nights in KC. (And yeah, please don't start the obligatory - "Don't talk like that, one game at a time!!" - - I'm a fan, I'm not suiting up).

The Pats need NOT lead the league again in players on the IR in December.

[Post edit: ugh.

Erik Scalavino @E_Scal
#PPGS #Patriots Collins fist-bumps position coach Patrick Graham on way off the field. Positive sign, perhaps.
]

Last edited:
Game thread here already! That's exciting. Let's GO Pats!

come on offense!! expecting a huge day from tom terrific!:cool:

GO PATS

Schaub did not make the trip due to his wife's emergency C-section.

Jones-Drew out

Let's get a win, no injuries and keep improving, especially on the offensive side of the ball.

Would be kind of funny if Brady came out and threw five straight passes to Amendola.

Mike Petraglia @Trags
Raiders offensive line coach and former Dolphins coach Tony Sparano was running around the field.

Shmessy: With his head on or off?

Mike Petraglia @Trags
Raiders offensive line coach and former Dolphins coach Tony Sparano was running around the field.

Shmessy: With his head on or off?

I think on for the moment, though Raider fans might think differently after seeing Chandler Jones game stats.

Woa! Jones-Drew is inactive,

OAKLAND RAIDERS ✔ @RAIDERS
Raiders inactives: QB Matt Schaub, RB Maurice Jones-Drew, CB Chimdi Chekwa, LB Sio Moore, LB Nick Roach, G Tony Bergstrom, T Matt McCants

@DougKyedNESN: Amendola is in game pants, so it appears the final inactive WR will come down to Dobson, Thompkins and LaFell.

o_O

Ben Volin ‏@BenVolin 51s
#Raiders owner Mark Davis wearing a white sports coat, white T-shirt, white glasses, grey pants and white shoes. Awesome look

The sportswriter from Miami weighs in on fashion. Yeesh.

bill-belichick-lets-party.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back