PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Raiders Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you guys discuss what happened to the clock.officials prior to the 2 minute warning in the fist half?

Edleman caught the ball and went out of bounds with 2:10 left and there was a flag on the play, but it was a non-call/picked back up. then the clock started going down to the 2 minute warning when (in my mind) it should have only started with a play.

Or did I take a 10 quick nap there where I didn't think I fell asleep?

My head hurts from that win... frustrating but I'll take a w any day.

I'll take a hard fought win like this. It'll get us ready for the playoffs more so than blowouts.

I'll take the Win over a loss, but either way, a lot needs to improve to compete. The saving grace is our track record: as the year grinds on, other teams lose their best players to injuries, while New England plugs and plays.... it's a hard gamble, but it gets us deep more often than not.

I don't think there's any doubt that, unless we have an greatly improved O for now on, there's no way we'll go anywhere after the first round of the Play Offs but home.

Even though Stork's presence manage to make the O-Line better, it's far from being even decent. I can't see how, with what we got in the roster now, we can make it work for Brady. Unfortunatelly, that's not where the problems stop. We need another WR to step up, we need someone other than Gronk and Edelman to be reliable during the game.

I'll take the Win over a loss, but either way, a lot needs to improve to compete. The saving grace is our track record: as the year grinds on, other teams lose their best players to injuries, while New England plugs and plays.... it's a hard gamble, but it gets us deep more often than not.

So long as said "track season" doesn't equate to the flurry of injuries that we suffered last season, I think we'll be alright by season's end.. The Pats are definitely not a championship contender at the moment, but they have time to improve.

A win coupled with the Broncos losing sounds like a decent Sunday to me.

So far I have said "I sense a int coming" for 2 different games and each time a defensive lineman got an INT soon after (Dominique Easley and now Wilfork).

We won so that is what matters. We have problems that need to be fixed but I trust BB will sort things out. Now on to next week.

I don't think there's any doubt that, unless we have an greatly improved O for now on, there's no way we'll go anywhere after the first round of the Play Offs but home.

Even though Stork's presence manage to make the O-Line better, it's far from being even decent. I can't see how, with what we got in the roster now, we can make it work for Brady. Unfortunatelly, that's not where the problems stop. We need another WR to step up, we need someone other than Gronk and Edelman to be reliable during the game.

A trade for an O-line men sometime this season? In 12', BB dealt for Talib once it became clear that the secondary wasn't going to work out. Perhaps we'll see something similar this year?

We need Dennard back bad. Ryan is clearly not a starting CB. Almost lost them the game today.

People need to remember that Revis is coming back from injury and it has only been 3 weeks. Lets reserve judgement till the halfway mark.

Revis is playing fine.

Oakland made a couple of plays. Carr played well.

The Patriots are playing the best defense since the early 2000s the special teams are clutch.
We protected the ball Vellano didnt loook like a doormat when Siliga went out.
Lafell got involved Admendola ran tough on the penalty play.
Gronk looks better every game.
Wright makes Hooman look like a terrible receiving tight end.
Chandler looks clutch and knocking on the door of elite.
Brady was erratic then settled down.
Finally Big Vince was Big Vince what's not to love?
PS. Ridley held onto the ball!

did the D line get any sacks today?

This O-line is pretty bad. No way they improved these positions over the off-season. If they don't "dummy-up" and figure something out, Brady will be in big trouble.

BTW - As for Mr. Terrific, he has been lackluster and been forcing the ball too much...

no sacks and 2 QB hits....terrible

A trade for an O-line men sometime this season? In 12', BB dealt for Talib once it became clear that the secondary wasn't going to work out. Perhaps we'll see something similar this year?
Honestly, I most definitely see a trade coming. We have a plethora of picks and enough cap space to absorb a good OLineman. It would be insanity to leave Brady and all his (lack of) mobility in his 37 years behind a swiss cheese like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back