PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Jets POST Game Thread

Re: Pats/Jets POSTgame Reaction Thread

Talib had 3 takeaways.
The offense scored only 13 points.

I think Talib gets the game ball way ahead of any offensive player.

Re: Re: The Official Patriots vs Jets POST Game Thread

Damn ... Rex Ryan has a cud.

Imagine being Rex, today was like not being able to beat up your worst enemy while they're in a coma.

Re: I love this team.

I'll love this team if Dobson, Thompkins, and Boyce all play like seasoned veterans by the time the playoffs come around.

Right now I hate this team. That was one of the most boring and frustrating games I've watched in a long time.

Wonder why Brady didn't throw to Boyce at all?

Hmm, post game thoughts....

Training Camp is a joke, I feel robbed of 7 days. Should I send my Thompkins jersey back to China? :D

Hmmm.. interesting. Everyone here seems to think Dobson was terrible, but I came away thinking he was pretty good tonight

What.

Look, I understand that you liked seeing him open several times and so, but "awful" is short of what Dobson looked today. Not only he was dropping balls like they were made of butter, he ran wrong routes and didn't even look at the ball in an easy pass. It was just horrible.

Please post your comments, knee jerk reactions, and insightful observations on the now complete win over the Jets.

The best knee jerk of the night was Talib kicking the fumble loose.

Talib's 3 takeaways are what made/saved the game for the Pats.

The biggest point for mine out of tonight's game was the poor play calling of McDaniels. Pushing aside the drops, why wasn't he calling plays that put the rookies in positions to succeed?

We must have been watching different games. The games I was watching I saw 3 passes to wide open receivers that, if caught, would have been touchdowns.

2 to Dobson and 1 to Thompkins. I don't know how that isn't putting the rookies in a position to succeed, they can't have everyone on the field doing a 5 yard crossing route.

Michael Irvin quite animated. Said Brady did too much demonstrating after those receivers. Way too much showing up of receivers when the rookies are playing their 2nd game in a complex offense.
I dont know how this builds confidence in these guys.

Not a big fan of being too demonstrative by Tom tonight. I hated it when Marino did it.

Tom did just say in his press conference he needs to do a better job of his body language.

The question remains to be asked. Is there any team in the NFL that can beat this undefeated New England Patriots team?

Michael Irvin quite animated. Said Brady did too much demonstrating after those receivers. Way too much showing up of receivers when the rookies are playing their 2nd game in a complex offense.

Brady is human. I understand his frustration. Were he to kick BB in the groin for putting the team in this situation, I'd understand.

BUT

He's the leader. He's older. More grounded. Yelling is for the practice field. In game conditions it doesn't pay to however deservedly unleash on hapless rooks. It will not help THEM focus. Yell the 1st couple times and then just STFU and lead.

Dobson did what kenbrell did last week. He will only get better each week. He got important reps with Tom and should do much better each week.

I think you could have 10 different opinions about this game and could argue for each.

Personally i was actually encouraged in the end (but cursing during). Thompkins was consistently beating his guy (when running the right routes). Dobson was consistently getting separation and left 3 defenders for dead on the long TB bomb. Dobson (correct me if i am wrong) didn't drop a single ball last year in college so usually that is not his MO.

For me i am encouraged that these guys actually showed they could beat NFl talent. Now it's just about getting on the same page as TB.. every practice, every game every snap.

Defense has had 2 games now (against poor opposition) where the O didn't play well but they still held up their end of the bargain. 3 int's, 4 sacks, 2 FF and a couple of short fields for the O. it's hard to ask for more than that.

Look we all know that if we play like that the rest of the season we will get beat when it matters. But i really think there are a ton of positives to garner out of this slopy game.

Edelman, Dennard and Talib will all get a ton of confidence out of tonight.

my take

1. awful playcalling
2. rex lost alot of weight
3. edelman, i love him
4. brady needs to calm down
5. rookies aren't meant to play so early
6. jets have awful secondary
7. jets have very good front 7
8. geno smith has no pocket presence
9. geno smith is pretty accurate
10. brady DESPISES throwing picks. he let WRs go get it many times when defenders are nearby because he doesn't want to risk throwing picks.
11. ugly win early is better than blowout wins. i love the struggle.
12. there gotta be a veteran WR out there who can help us
13. nink is a baller
14. our D is pretty good
15. chandler jones dance is embarrassing
16. brady needs to be a lover. love them young rookies. buy them steaks.
17. getting open is overrated. give me Q who can fight for the ball.
18. any kind of running game + healthy gronk & amendola? we are going to SB again
19. it's only week 2, but we learned so much lessons from 2 games
20. either we will be really bad or really good. all depends on the health of our vets and growth of our young WRs

This team will learn from this. trust me. if we can be our full strength going into the playoffs, we are going to do something this year. truth

Yeah, the screaming clowns are at it again. Their act is so tired.

Man we really need a good veteran WR ASAP. Start selling those future draft picks BB and get us some WR help now!

Man, do we need a healthy Gronkowski and Amendola on O. The biggest point for mine out of tonight's game was the poor play calling of McDaniels. Pushing aside the drops, why wasn't he calling plays that put the rookies in positions to succeed? Why insist on running stretch plays all game? Why toss the ball to Ridley in the wet after last week's mental demons?

Happy to get the win. Happy the D kept the game tight.

Yeah

Typically NFL offenses tend to do better when the three top offensive weapons actually play.

You're just figuring this out there, Captain Obvious?

What the hell is wrong with you people?

The team just won a week 2, division game/on a short week....without the three top skill players absent..................and "fans" are complaining?

Exactly what NFL team can go out and win like that?

Brady is human. I understand his frustration. Were he to kick BB in the groin for putting the team in this situation, I'd understand.

BUT

He's the leader. He's older. More grounded. Yelling is for the practice field. In game conditions it doesn't pay to however deservedly unleash on hapless rooks. It will not help THEM focus. Yell the 1st couple times and then just (Please be quiet - edited) and lead.

Agreed. The only other thing I'll add is that, if this was Peyton wed all be giving him crap for showing up his wideouts. Only fair to be critical of Brady for being so furious, even if his disgust is more than reasonable.

Re: Re: The Official Patriots vs Jets POST Game Thread

Hmmm.. interesting. Everyone here seems to think Dobson was terrible, but I came away thinking he was pretty good tonight and am very encouraged for his future. He got consistent separation from his defender, including vertically. Just needs to work on his hands and get more reps. I think we have a player though.

JMO...

We watched the game tonight...

Hopefully he learned some things and will grow from this but he was terrible tonight.

I heavily critiqued our d on the game thread and the made the win possible today. Iam still frustrated with the lack of consistent pass rush and scheme but they held their end of their bargain.

There were two straight three-and-outs decided by the rush. My favorite was:

First down: Smith runs for his life and eventually throws the ball away.
Second down: Smith runs for his life and eventually throws the ball away.
Third down: Smith is sacked.

Re: Pats/Jets POSTgame Reaction Thread

We're 2-0 and both wins came in the division. That's huge, not to mention that we can take a breath for a quick moment as fans.

Belichick and company will treat this like a loss--which they should. We get the benefits of a win and a loss in terms of practicing like crazed lunatics for the next week or two. Tonight's problems aren't going to sit well and adjustments will be made.

And Deion Sanders should shut the hell up about Wes Welker. Losing Welker obviously hurts, but it's hardly the entire problem right now. In the 2 games without Welker, we've seen Amendola (10 catches) and Edelman (13 catches) both step up in the slot.

The problem is the lack of experience and proper knowledge of the offense from the rookie WR's, along with not having the best TE in the league back yet. If you want to take it one step further, the struggles to run the ball have amplified the poor passing attack, which only hurts worse. The whole "Welker" angle is pretty played out. My guess is that he'd be helping for sure, but not as much as many people seem to think.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back