PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Jets POST Game Thread

Re: Is this the worst Patriot team since 2006?

We knew that not having Gronk back yet, along with a bunch of rookie WRs (without Amendola) were going to be a challenging couple/few games.

Let's not overreact as though this is suddenly a permanent thing.

The defense is obviously better. The offense will round into form, and we'll get some important players back.

And no---the 2008 and 2009 teams were nothing special, especially on defense, so it's not the "worst team since '06" in my opinion.

still not sure about that chandler jones roughing penalty, only saw 1 replay, but initially looked like helmet to chest

There was an element of headbutt to the chin. Call looked right to me on TV. If for any reason it was actually wrong, it was at least an excusable referee error.

Whatever the reason is, it was a dumb move by Talib not to just go down or run out of bounds. Would be extremely depressing to lose a game like that on a fumble.

other thoughts:
mangold can go eat a giant turd

still not sure about that chandler jones roughing penalty, only saw 1 replay, but initially looked like helmet to chest

Watch the replay and you can see Geno's chin connecting with Chandler's helmet and then Buchanan's helmet hit's Geno as well. In today's NFL that's a penalty, pure and simple.

Exactly. It's been a while since I've seen WRs streaking towards the endzone like that. If Dobson catches that one he lost in the lights we're talking about an entirely different game.

They'll fix the communication, Brady is just impatient.

I think that Gisele is driving him crazy with her constant nagging about Josh's calls, GM Belichick's player selection, etc. It's like he has Patsfans on high volume going thru his head when he goes home.

my take
15. chandler jones dance is embarrassing

I agree with most everything you said except this point. Those dances were hilarious. The guy has a wierd sense of humor that can help calm guys down. He and Ridley are both like that. A good demenor to complement the super serious tone of guys like Brady.

All ends well if Kraft throws his some dolla bills!

LET'S GET LLYOD SIGNED UP

#PAYTHEMAN!

Given the GIFs you posted, I have to wonder if you're a troll. :mad:

...still not sure about that chandler jones roughing penalty, only saw 1 replay, but initially looked like helmet to chest...

Jones hit him clean.

Whatever the reason is, it was a dumb move by Talib not to just go down or run out of bounds. Would be extremely depressing to lose a game like that on a fumble.

I was waiting for Troy Brown to come running up and strip him.

It did look like he was going to just fall down for a second there. Like his body knew the right thing to do before his brain had time to overrule it.

Brady is human. I understand his frustration. Were he to kick BB in the groin for putting the team in this situation, I'd understand.

BUT

He's the leader. He's older. More grounded. Yelling is for the practice field. In game conditions it doesn't pay to however deservedly unleash on hapless rooks. It will not help THEM focus. Yell the 1st couple times and then just (Please be quiet - edited) and lead.

Brady owned up to it in his presser. Appreciate that at least .

On that 3rd and 5 at the end....them Jets ain't too bright...

Edelman caught 11,989 passes tonight in short yardage situations....he's the only Patriot receiver who can catch the ball....and they let him get open.

Right because The Hut aside, we've seen vet WRs adapt SO quickly to a Brady offense even after missing an entire summer camp.

I'm shocked at how many people don't realize this aspect, considering it's the most important aspect (the ability to learn the system) out there.

I wasn't too hot on the idea of bringing in a vet back, but the idea is slowly growing on me. I wouldn't have minded a Branch or a Stallworth etc in there tonight.

Aside from a guy like that, no one else is coming here--as you said.

Yeah

Typically NFL offenses tend to do better when the three top offensive weapons actually play.

You're just figuring this out there, Captain Obvious?

What the hell is wrong with you people?

The team just won a week 2, division game/on a short week....without the three top skill players absent..................and "fans" are complaining?

Exactly what NFL team can go out and win like that?
The Patriots didn't play to the conditions nor to what the Jets were giving them. For a coaching staff to stress the importance of situational football, the calling of plays didn't match.

I'm not going to bait you with any comments about your evaluation of the game, but if you think that was anything but a poor offensive showing, that's your prerogative. I'm happy in the simple notions that the D carried the O, the Patriots are 2-0 and more importantly 2-0 in the division.

Re: Is this the worst Patriot team since 2006?

The defense is obviously better.

If they struggle to contain Doug Martin, I will worry a bit more, but so far, so good. The run defense is the only thing struggling, but Vince and Co. are a known quantity so we should see a large improvement soon.

Curran asked Belichick about that in his post game presser, Bill basically told him to F himself.

in Brady's first Super Bowl year he emphasized team above all - I think the kid receivers need some of that from TB right now

I would like to the thank the jets receivers for all THEIR drops.

Oh yeah, and Edelman!

I would like to thank the defense for securing that win.

On that 3rd and 5 at the end....them Jets ain't too bright...

Edelman caught 11,989 passes tonight in short yardage situations....he's the only Patriot receiver who can catch the ball....and they let him get open.

I hear you, but setting the pick like that makes it more difficult than it appears. Otherwise doubling Welker/Amemdola/Edelman would work perfectly every time.

Kellen Winslow: "We should've won today -- just too many turnovers. We'll get'em next time." #jets

Watch the replay and you can see Geno's chin connecting with Chandler's helmet and then Buchanan's helmet hit's Geno as well. In today's NFL that's a penalty, pure and simple.

If you're going to hit the guy near the top of the chest you can't let your helmet come up. It's tough because the window to hit a guy is so small but even grazing a QB's chin-strap is going to get you flagged every time.

The funny thing is that it was Smith's best throw of the night and I'm pretty sure it's because Jones hit him so hard it straightened the ball out.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back