PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Jets POST Game Thread

What are we all still doing here? It's time to read the Jets boards. :D

I've never liked Edelman all that much, but boy I'm so glad he came back this season.

Every game I watch Dennard, I'm more happy he punched that cop and fell off to the 7th round.

If Dobson wasn't a 2nd round pick, I think he'd be in the practice squad right now. But hey, at least he got open several times, now all he has to learn is to run the right route, look at the ball at the right time, and catch it.

I really hope Gronk is good to go against Tampa next week, the O is a mess right now.

We can play some tough D against Mark Sanchez' back-up!

That said, we're tied for the league lead at the Ws stat. Yes, we have to be better than this against real teams. But for now... let's beat bad teams by a combined 5, I'm happy. Aquaman Taliban and Chandler Bing earned their checks.

Re: Re: I love this team.

I'll love this team if Dobson, Thompkins, and Boyce all play like seasoned veterans by the time the playoffs come around.

Right now I hate this team. That was one of the most boring and frustrating games I've watched in a long time.

Granted they're not that entertaining to watch on offense but you can't hate a group of warriors who fight through adversity, these are the type of games where champions are created.

As ugly as that offense was, Tom kept moving the ball a bit, at least giving the defense a little breather and improving field position a touch. I know that's not much, but when they won't let you run (meaning they're trying to stop you and have the mean[immense DL of 1st rounders]) and you have one vet receiver that's double ant triple teamed and you still hit him, that's blood and guts to me.

If they went three incompletes and out more, we could have lost that IMO.

Well ... Giselle is right ...

Edelman is gonna set some records here. I'm picking him up in fantasy.

Damn ... Rex Ryan has a cud.

Hmmm.. interesting. Everyone here seems to think Dobson was terrible, but I came away thinking he was pretty good tonight and am very encouraged for his future. He got consistent separation from his defender, including vertically. Just needs to work on his hands and get more reps. I think we have a player though.

JMO...

The rookie receivers have been thrown into the fire, which sucks now, but could pay dividends in the future. Dobson and Tompkins both show a lot of raw skill. Tompkins almost pulled in a nasty TD and Dobson did a great job fake run blocking before sprinting upfield on his TD.

I think a lot of us thought that the defense would successfully blitz more this year A) because they can now trust the secondary and B) to help the secondary be even better. I have to believe containing the rookie QBs and letting them beat themselves was a more savvy move that obviously paid off. Plus the Patriots had good pressure when it mattered.

On the other hand, the run defense is a big worry. Nincovich looks great, as usual, but Wilfork was not. Spikes was borderline useless, especially early in the game. I mean, Gregory was our best run stopper on the left side. Holy !@#$...

Bolden needs to get healthy and atleast hop Blount on the depth chart. Blount is near useless.

We need some sort of running game without Vereen.

Michael Irvin quite animated. Said Brady did too much demonstrating after those receivers. Way too much showing up of receivers when the rookies are playing their 2nd game in a complex offense.
I dont know how this builds confidence in these guys.

Ugly game. Field conditions didn't look great to start with and seemed to get a lot worse after the rain started.

Mangold will be fined.
Ferguson and Colon are looking at fines and suspensions.

Dennard needs to do his talking on the field, not from the sidelines after the plays. He could have been tossed for entering the field of play.

The Pats really need to work on their running game and their play-action pass. Again, McDaniels gave up on it too early and didn't allow it to really gain any momentum. Furthermore, he seemed to telegraph the plays... The Jets sure knew when every running play was coming by the 2nd half.

The rooks played a bit better, but not much.
Dobson did ok for his first game. Too many drops, but again, it's his first game.

Thompkins showed a sliver of improvement, but still had too many drops. He DID lay out nicely for that one in the endzone, but still plenty of room for improvement.

Both need to be pulled aside by Brady, Edelman or Amendola and told to CTS with celebrating catches. They need to be more consistent before they do that crap.

Hoomanawanui put in another horrible game, but he's here for the year after re-doing his contract. . Develin had one good lead block and that was it. Otherwise he was slow to the point of attack and got overpowered.

Allen outkicked his coverage 3 times tonight. Luckily, all 3 led to touchbacks. He had 11 punts in total, with 4 going inside the 20. He'd have had a 5th, but Marquice Cole screwed the pooch and touched it at the Jets 23.

I'm still waiting to see something from Leon Washington to make me believe he's better than George Winn.

The defense really stepped up. 4 Sacks. 3 Interceptions. Plenty of QB pressures. On a night when we were without some significant offensive weapons. Gotta hope they will continue to improve.

I'm at a complete loss as to what is and isn't pass interference anymore. Thought for sure that Kyle Wilson would be flagged for it when he interferred with Edelman, slowing him down and preventing him from getting to the deep pass. Dennard got away with one when he pulled on Stephen Hill's jersey once. Wells had 2 or 3 plays that have been DPI in the past and nothing was called.

What are we all still doing here? It's time to read the Jets boards. :D

Yup. The one I've browsed all week. "Guarantee we win" . "Kill Tammy". Good times. Lets watch them implode like the players did.

Need to convince Lloyd to get over whatever his problem is. We need a guy who can at least move the chains. If Edelman had bailed for the giants we'd be so ****ed right now.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back