PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Jets POST Game Thread

Re: I love this team.

I'll love this team if Dobson, Thompkins, and Boyce all play like seasoned veterans by the time the playoffs come around.

Right now I hate this team. That was one of the most boring and frustrating games I've watched in a long time.

What the Pats needed was a freak SNOWstorm, not a torrential downpour.

Probably someone's already mentioned it, but JI is in a predictably complete meltdown right now. The first post I read, a guy responding to a Pats fan, said, and I quote:

Ya, not sure this game did much to heal the divide between our two teams.

What do you mean? Any time we throw a Jet out of our stadium, it's nothing but love baby.

Pats/Jets POSTgame Reaction Thread

1.) While Talib and Jones had all the flashy plays, I don't see how you can give the game ball to anyone but Edelman. Without him, I don't think we would have gotten a single first down. Hope he lasts till Amendola returns, because we'll be SOL without him. His punt returns were great too, and vital to setting up our answering punts...

2.) I... was actually impressed by Dobson. Yes, he had a lot of drops, but it's rare to see a fresh rookie play as much as he did. I think he has great potential but is being pressed into service raw and unready right now. Fortunately, I think that's the best way to bring him a along. Kids got great speed, and you could see that with a little more chemistry he would have had a great game.

3.) Thompson dissapeared for huge stretches of the game. Not sure who was taking him out.

4.) Pass rush showed up today, and that's a decent offensive line. I don't know if I should be impressed with the secondary yet. Seems like they covered decently, but its hard without a good QB on the other side throwing.

5.) Something wrong with Vince. He looked tired and sick and very easily pushed around.

6.) Maybe related to 5, but the rush defense was brutally bad. I don't know if it's a result of kicking Jones inside and going into a pseudo-NASCAR front, but Powel and Ivory were killing us to the tune of 4 yards/carry. They were running it up the middle with ease.

7.) When did Steve Gregory become Bernard Pollard? He was laying the wood. Very impressed with him today.

8.) I like the team's focus on ball-stripping this year. Talib, Arrington, Nink were all maniacs in this regard.

9.) Running O was miserable today. Looked like Ridley was holding on to the ball for dear life instead of hitting the hole as hard as possible, but the O-line was not getting any push.

10.) Bill looked bizarrely happy with this win. I think he enjoys these dogfights. I hope the media rips the Jets for Wilkerson's fake injury. The broadcasters claimed there was no benefit and criticized the crowd for booing, but they neglected to mention the extra time the coaches had to talk to the players.

11.) Last but not least, I can't think of anything funnier than Edelman being triple covered in the end zone.

Since I was expecting a loss, I am very happy right now.

What impressed me?

The rookies getting WIDE OPEN downfield time and time again. That was great.

What depressed me? Their hands.

I like our defensive backs, and I hope Arrington isn't hurt. If the front 7 could get its act together, the defense could be ferocious. We look like we plod a little too much in the front 7.

Don't know what to think about the offense, but the Tampa Bay game is crucial.

We need to go 3-0. With Amendola, Gronkowski, Vereen, Sudfeld returning to join Edelman and Thompkins, I think the offense will look much better midway through the season. I am not that worried yet. We just need to stay alive until then.

I am really worried about Dobson though. That's concerning, and the fact that Boyce didn't get much PT over Thompkins is also concerning. But I think we'll be OK.

take the win, burn the game tape, and hopefully the injured list becomes smaller

Mistakes are opportunities to learn.

The Pats won, so the mistakes didn't cost them. Now it's important to learn from them.

This is how I WOULD feel.... If it was against even a decent team.

All I know is, the Pats O only scored 13 points and won a game, when was the last time that happen.

Let's be honest. The Patriots have a godawful receiving corps right now. If they'd played even mediocre teams, they'd be 0-2.

Having said that, 2-0 is awesome under the circumstances.

Leave it to the Jets to find a QB worse than Mark Sanchez. Thank god for that.

Awww, the baby wide receivers are going through growing pains :cool:

we saw flashes of what the offense can be....it sucks they dropped it though.

2-0 baby!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Re: Re: I love this team.

I'll love this team if Dobson, Thompkins, and Boyce all play like seasoned veterans by the time the playoffs come around.

Right now I hate this team. That was one of the most boring and frustrating games I've watched in a long time.

I'd really like to see more of Boyce I think he could do some things if we got him the ball in bubble screens and other short passing situations where he could make plays with after the catch.

Defense saved our asses tonight. 4 turnovers and 3 points (thought they kneeled on the last one). Something is extremely wrong with that. If the defense hands us gifts like that agaisnt a good team we can't waste those opportunities. Very frustrating game to watch. I'm glad they won but jeez.

Re: Pats/Jets POSTgame Reaction Thread

We're 2-0...

Chandler Jones was great, so happy that he got some sacks! Even though his celebrations suck!:D:D

This was a great win. The fact we played so poorly must make it hurt all the more for the Jets. :D

2-0! We're already better than last year!

Let's be honest. The Patriots have a godawful receiving corps right now. If they'd played even mediocre teams, they'd be 0-2.

Having said that, 2-0 is awesome under the circumstances.

Pretty much this.

Defense got the job in consecutive weeks. When was the last time we could say that?

Everything will be fine once Rob gets back. He's the second most important player on the offensive unit and it's showing.

The rookies will get better. I mean they can't get worse, can they?

We're onto to Tampa.

I heavily critiqued our d on the game thread and the made the win possible today. Iam still frustrated with the lack of consistent pass rush and scheme but they held their end of their bargain.
Not much to say about the offense. Brady I feel at least needs to temper down. Him throwing fits is going make the rookies even more scared to make a mistake. I think outside of the first TD, JMcD called a bad game . If this scheme is so complicated , they need to simply the offense for the rookies. Of course its easy for me to say but thats what I think. I knew we would struggle on Offense but this much is was not expected.

Re: I love this team.

Deep throws were on point imo....

I may have missed one, but I believe that is only the third time in a decade the Patriots have scored fewer than 14 points and won. Two are against the Jets and one against Buffalo in the last game of the season 2008 (13-0).

I simply cannot remember a game in the last decade that was won, completely, by the defense. Sure there have been wins where the defense got big stops. But a game where the defense protected a small lead like that for series after series after series? Can't remember it.

The Jets had 15 full possessions -- none were the end of half shortened variety. Usually a team that plays the Patriots is lucky to have 12. They allowed just two scoring drives -- and only one TD drive. On a night when just two TD drives allowed would have lost the game.

Consider the punting unit too, which I would argue was virtually as important as the defense. Despite the fact that the Patriots could not move the ball, the Jets started 14 of their 15 drives inside their own 34, and 12 drives inside their own 22 yard line. The Patriots punted 11 times. The Jets had SEVEN return yards. Total. On 11 punts. That is amazing. The Patriots had 514 yards of punts tonight, with a net of 507 yards. I would guess that is a record. And I wouldn't think it's very close. I don't know if they keep that sort of stat, but it's a shocker.

I'll take the win but that may well have been the worst Pats offense I have seen since that '90 season.

Also, I am very glad this team didn't face a better QB tonight.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
Back