PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Jet game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Blaming the refs? Really?

Jerome Boger - statistically the worst ref with the worst crew in the NFL made 4 bad calls today, calling back the big Gronk gain because of offsides, Bolden's TD for encroachment, Chandler Jones personal foul and then the call at the end of the game.

HOWEVER - that 3rd quarter meltdown was pathetic and the reason the Patriots lost the game, that was down right crap offensive play.

People complaining about the call sound like Saints fans. It is a penalty. Coaches should know the rules. Brady was inaccurate all day. Missed a lot of plays.

Re: What the HELL!!?!?!??!

We did not deserve to lose that way.

On the other hand, we didn't deserve to win that game.

So I'm angry at the Refs, but we shouldn't have won anyway.

So because of injuries and Brady playing subpar today, we should just ignore that a referee decided the game?

one of the worst calls i have ever seen. stupid ******* rule nobody outside of the refs have ever heard of before.

Insane that the refs just handed the jets a victory like that

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira 8m
That is correct call in NE/NYJ game. New rule this year can't push a teammate into the offensive formation on a field goal or try attempt.

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira 6m
Rule 913: Team B players cannot push teammates on the line of scrimmage into offensive formation.

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira 4m
This is the first time this foul has been called.

Mike Pereira ‏@MikePereira 3m
Examples of this were put on the officials weekly training tape pointing out instances where it wasn't called this season but should've been

What is the purpose of this rule? It's not like we've been having an unusual amount of block kicks.

I don't like to blame the refs. The pats played like crap.

Be that as it may, a singular highly questionable call prevented the pats from taking the ball over around midfield needing a fg to win.

You are correct. Getting to FG range the way the pats were playing may have been difficult, but that does not excuse the call.

I find it hard to believe that call gets made.

Refs do not make the rules. They only enforce them.
It's a stupid rule IMO

Reguardless of the call. The pats had no business winning that game. Injuries and bradys arm is what killed this team today

that pick 6 to start the 2nd half, really sucked.

Bs rule, bs enforcement, bs spots and a non review to make it all possible. That ball was on the ground. Dvr slomo proves it. Surely this would be enough to warrant a review? Why is the boothreview nonexistant in the nfl? Why is your right an n pushing a team mate forward a fifteen years game loading penalty? It looked as if he is in contact with a jet lineman with his right hand to me. Bull****.

We did not deserve to lose that way.

On the other hand, we didn't deserve to win that game.

So I'm angry at the Refs, but we shouldn't have won anyway.

That about sums it up

this team is cooked, too many injuries..can't cover anyone. At least the Sox won..

To hell with the call.This offense is garbage even with Gronk,He needs another TE to compliment him.Brady was garbage,he will never complete 60 percent of his passes this season. The receivers will never get better, Gronk or no Gornk.

I don't if you are a concern troll or a regular troll. Please do us a favor and root for another team.
Gotta call bull **** theres some merit to what he says

I don't think we deserved to win today, but we certainly didn't deserve to lose like that.

Totally agree.

A correct call on a really lame rule. In fact I think that's the only time I've ever seen a penalty on that rule.

But consider, if they got the ball back, who's to say they wouldn't have gone three and out yet again.

I scoff at the idea that the Pats get screwed by the officiating but that call DIRECTLY lost us the game. It's a rule apparently, it just blows that they'd call that when it had no effect on the kick which was the biggest play of the game. If that's not called all TB needs is 20 yards and game over Pats win. Ugh.

That was a weird one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick