PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Giants Super Bowl game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The dropsies cost us.

Welker, Branch, Hernandez...unfortunate. Gronk was less than 100%. But we battled. It happens. Sux but happens.

Good night.

Well, it was a good back and forth game despite a ton of miscues....

Pats still had a great season considering the defensive flaws :cool:

Sorry, but we choked. We didn't perform close to how we normally do. And it's not like the Giants forced a bad performance out of us. That drop by Welker was key. He catches that and we at least get a FG. Manningham catches his, Welker drops his.

Patriots lost more than the Giants won. Stunning offensive decline.

I will never forgive Welker.

I think the saddest part of all of this is I feel like I nor the players even enjoyed the ride up to this Super Bowl.

We tried our best to maintain composure, set an example, and yet, it ended like this once again.

I hope the players get through this loss and so do the rest of you fans.

Welker you can join Reche and Asante, GFY.

This may be an overreaction I'm sorry guys. :(

Mistakes. We killed ourselves, we could've had that game. What a ride though. It's been fun with you guys.

Patriots lost more than the Giants won. Stunning offensive failure in the 4th quarter.

Time to recognize that Brady is past his prime, but the PAts will stick with him because he'a profit center win or lose.

Pathetic effort in the 4th. They pissed it away. Choked etc. Brady too.

Time for Belichick to WAKE UP and fix this ******* defense with a MASSIVE talent infusion starting NOW.

I had a feeling.... I was prepared should this happen. The Giants did'nt even beat us the Patriots beat themselves. The Patriots had plenty of opportunities to get takeaways and put the game out of reach but it just didn't happen. A disappointing end to such a promising season.

I'm sad we were unable to get it for MHK and Mr. Kraft. Maybe next year though I expect the road to be tougher.

I'm sorry my emotions are running, I Hope we don't resign Welker, I'm sorry guys again.......

Patriots killed themselves. Congratulations to the Giants.

+1, so un-Patriotlike. They had the game, defense played great, Brady was given plenty of time.

Drops, Brady heaving up that INT, the safety, Mankins looking like a turnstyle at the end...

...and ****, Bill O'Brien's play-calls.

I'm a Penn State fan, and I don't want that schlub coaching my team.

They really missed a chance to close the game out with about 4 minutes left. They should have won this game but made too many mistakes.

Well a couple of quick thoughts...

(1) The Giants are the luckiest team I've ever seen. The Pats caused three huge turnovers, but neither of them counted: (a) the fumble early on that was nullified by the penalty...led to the Giants' first TD, and (b) the Bradshaw fumble deep in NY territory following Brady's pick...that cost NE points, and then (c) the Nicks fumble. But the first was nullified by a penalty, and the Giants recovered the other two.

The reason it's luck is because the Pats FORCED those fumbles, but the Giants recovered all of them. Recovering a fumble is a 50/50 proposition, but during this playoff run, the Giants have recovered all the fumbles, no matter who fumbles them.

(2) The difference in the game? Welker's missed great catch and Manningham's made great catch. Every time NE plays the Giants someone on NY makes an unbelievable catch. Without fail.

Great season...crappy ending, but that's life.

Absolutely gutted! We needed a bit of luck today and just didn't get any. We should of played better though, a few dropped catches cost us!

Anyone know the blonde jumping for the giants at the end of the game?!?!...pretty hot!

Time to recognize that Brady is past his prime, but the Ps will stick with him because he'a profit center win or lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe