PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The official Patriots vs Giants Super Bowl game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hernandez, Welker & Branch drops and the clear PI on Hernandez when the Giants had 12 men on the field.

FML :bricks:

Utterly disgraceful. This one will haunt this organization for years to come.

Patriots lost more than the Giants won. Stunning offensive failure in the 4th quarter.

The plays were there really, just the receivers decided it was time to get butter fingers in the 4th quarter. :(

Dissapointed, and likely this is the sign of Brady's twilight years.
Hopefully he can redeem himself in the future, and hopefully this team addresses some issues they have currently on the roster.
1. Still missing a consistent pass rush
2. Still missing that deep threat receiver.

-Jamman

I will never forgive Welker.

Me either. Honestly, this game alters my perception of his Patriot career. He is the Asante Samuel of this SB.

welker = asante samuel

Gronk was just getting into that play...I have to think if healthy, he is there and makes that catch in the EZ

I love this team man, I really do. It's hard not to look at Welker for this. He makes that catch and I believe with every fiber of my being that we win.

I'm going to have a poo whilst the giants recieve the trophy

Last edited:
Time to recognize that Brady is past his prime, but the Ps will stick with him because he'a profit center win or lose.

Is this the norm for Patriots fans...?

Yeah he's past his prime, only broke Marino's passing yards record, and lead a team with the worst defense in the NFL to the Super Bowl and came damn close to winning. Every one of those passes on that last drive was perfect. Two were dropped, and one was a hail mary.

I said it since the Denver game, we can't afford to beat ourselves. Well, we did. The most disapointing thing is this was Myra's year, this was for her, and they just didn't perform when it counted. I'm sure they will be back next year and compete, but this year was special, and it feels just as bad as 07

I want wes gone, we need legit outside receivers. With the tight ends we have we don't need to spend on a slot receiver. Dude you gotta make that catch, Tyree made the catch and giants won the superbowl what the f did wes do , but f it it up.

I had a feeling.... I was prepared should this happen. The Giants did'nt even beat us the Patriots beat themselves. The Patriots had plenty of opportunities to get takeaways and put the game out of reach but it just didn't happen. A disappointing end to such a promising season.

I'm sad we were unable to get it for MHK and Mr. Kraft. Maybe next year though I expect the road to be tougher.

That pass was thrown kind of high, remember Welker is a short guy.

Welker had it and let it slip out of his hands like a bar of soap.

That's on him - not Brady.

OK this game was not lost because of Brady. Brady played great outside of one deep throw.

Time to recognize that Brady is past his prime, but the Ps will stick with him because he'a profit center win or lose.

There will still be lots of regular season wins and passing yards, but I do agree with you. It has been 8 years since Brady was won a Superbowl. At 35 years old he is well past his prime as a QB.

You guys keep calling it the Branch Drop. The guy deflected the ball right in front of Branch. Hard to call that a drop. Welker should have made what would have been a terrific catch but he ran a great route and Brady did not fit the ball in a space 15 yards wide.

The Hernandez drop was a drop but the game was gone by then.

Ya' wanna point to one player...Tom did not get it done. Sorry just the way it is.

Worst SB in awhile. Maybe one or two great plays for the Giants. We sucked and at the end of it all, Tom really let this one get away. I can't blame Welker for not making a great play when all it would have taken from Tom was a very average play.

He may be past his prime, but the pieces around him didn't help. What was up with all the dropped passes by the WRs? Secondly, if BB doesn't start bringing in some real play makers on D, this team will NEVER win another championship under his watch. This was a flawed team. The fact that they made it to the Super Bowl is amazing, but they could have won the game. I the F**** Giants. Every friggin time they play against that team, they lose.
It might be time to start thinking about the future at QB. Brady will be 35 next season. I'm not sure how much he has left.

I don't even know where to start. The offense looked like world beaters at times and the other times when they really needed them to come through they dropped passes. If Welker catches that pass the game is over.

Defense is what I expected. When the Giants got ball back on that second to last drive I knew the D was not going to be able to stop them.

The giants are a better team and the offense and defense is equal to blame for this loss. Neither of them stepped up when they needed to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back