PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Falcons Game Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting that we have 4 DTs active and only 3 DEs. We might see some interesting looks in our front seven today.

And a couple of our LBs have been known to line up at DE.

If the Patriots win and can restrict the Falcons to a score in the teens, I will be ecstatic.

If the Patriots win and can restrict the Falcons to a score in the teens, I will be ecstatic.

I've been thinking that our defense is going to give up either 13 points or 30 points.

if they hold ATL to under 20 AND win... i will get drunk tonight...and i have work in the AM

Our defense is really coming along nice this year..hope this game shows more moving in the right direction, i think Talib has the size to match up with Jones....

I've been thinking that our defense is going to give up either 13 points or 30 points.

I am really hoping it's 13. 30 would be a nightmare because I am not sure we can score 31.

Talib is getting a pick tonight, just watch.

if they hold ATL to under 20 AND win... i will get drunk tonight...and i have work in the AM
It was the AFL (Australian Rules) Grand Final (Super Bowl) here Saturday and my home town rivals were beaten. Coupled with the fact that it's a long weekend with today (Monday) being a public holiday and well, being Australian, I am sure you can put two and two together and work out what that means. :eat2::eat3:

Ridley needs a BIG game tonight, can't win without it.

Chris Jones. That guy BB has been chasing around trying to sign for the last 3 months.

Intriguing. Hopefully he can be like another Vellano, at the least.

Ridley needs a BIG game tonight, can't win without it.

Gonna be tough. They're good at stopping the run. I'm not sure if that is still the case without two of their starting LBs though. We'll just have to see.

Double Julio and squat on Ryan's passing lanes, then let CJ and the others do the rest.

I'm expecting a dominant game out of him as the Falcons OL shouldn't be able to block him.

Patriots inactives
LB Steve Beauharnais
DE Jake Bequette
RB Leon Washington
G Chris Barker
TE Rob Gronkowski
WR Danny Amendola
WR Matthew Slater

NOTES: Veteran tackle/guard Will Svitek is active for the first time this season. ... Washington (thigh) has missed three of the first four games of the season. ... Rookie defensive tackle Chris Jones (No. 94) is active for the first time this season.

Falcons inactives
CB Asante Samuel
S Kemal Ishmael
LB Jamar Chaney
RB Steven Jackson
OL Harland Gunn
OT Ryan Schraeder
DT Travian Robertson

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4749892/vollmer-active-for-patriots

Can pray for Boyce, but looks like Blount again on KRs.

Maybe Belichick didn't like what he saw with Boyce KR? Did he even return any kicks in the preseason games or training camp?

I know he only returned 3 kicks his whole college career, but that is 3 more than Blount had returned in college and the NFL before this season.

My only thing is why not give Edelman a few shots back there? His career he's averaged 21.6, which is about what Blount is averaging but clearly he is more of threat to break long runs.

The Pats' rookie WRs will go against the Falcons' rookie CBs with Samuel out. Hopefully, that gives the Pats a bit of an edge.

The Pats' rookie WRs will go against the Falcons' rookie CBs with Samuel out. Hopefully, that gives the Pats a bit of an edge.

if they get out of their breaks early and brady has time

good luck Patriots. We are rooting for you. Beat those dirty birds !

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes