PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Broncos POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to say manning is very impressive. After everyone said his career was over, with a completely new team just 4 games in, he looks like the manning if old.

Trent dilfer just called Giants the best team in the NFL despite their record, They have dismantled Panthers and Browns and they are the best team in the NFL ? really?

Except Berman none of the guests talk abt the Pats in a positive way after a victory, Last week when they were discussin abt the Bills game all Dilfer could say was how Bills gifted the game to the pats, and today not a single word abt brady or the offense all he said was the Broncos let Manning down?

Do Manning brothers have some sort of secret tape of Dilfer which he is afraid will be leaked out??????????

Last edited:
Sometimes I feel as if Belichick does things at times just to piss me off. I'm sure some here feel that way about individual players... Luckily the team played a great game overall and their playmakers stepped up - including Ninkovitch whom Bill should buy a beer for after the postgame. All the rookie defenders played well. Tommy was TFB, Welker was the best slot receiver in the league and worth every nickle Kraft is paying him, Riddley was immense despite his one mistake (hey,even coaches here make those), Woodhead proved why he's still here and an invaluable sparkplug when used judiciously, even Branch had a key block and catch.

Glad we won but we need to do something about our secondary. It's nice to win despite their terribleness but it will come back and haunt us probably when it matters most.

lets try more Dennard at corner maybe mccourty or Moore at safety. Ras I at nickel or dime.

There are about 28 QBs in the NFL that can make elite throws on a semi-regular basis. That's why they are in the NFL in the first place. It's laughable to use that as an excuse.

*sigh*What is laughable is your complete lack of understanding of the game. Especially if you are trying to get people to believe that guys like Flacco and Fitzpatrick are a good as Manning. They aren't. But they DO make the occasional good play though people like yourself what to use the good play as the standard instead of the play that should be made each time.

That is the problem with you. Your expectations are outta whack.

Kinda hard to go Wilson - Gregory when Gregory is out with an injury.

Danny Woodhead proved why he is so valuable to this team. He had 2 decisive plays that kept drives alive on 3rd down.

Well yeah, when Gregory returns from injury is what I meant. I know they both play FS, but I'd rather two FS types out there then Chung.

That Woody run on 3rd and 17 was awesome. He is much more effective in this type of role then being the #2 RB getting 10-12 carries a game like last year. (Bolden's new role)

Ninko has got alot of crap from people here and I'll be honest I don't know the different roles that a LDE and a RDE do.

Last edited:
Yeah because this was the only game the secondary played poorly. :rolleyes: The secondary is bad and people on this message board need to realize people have differing opinions and are free to express them.

No. What is bad is your evaluation of the secondary. And yes, you are free to express you opinion. No one said otherwise. But guess what. There is the other side to that. People get to express their opinions also.. Don't like it. Tough.

The secondary has improved over last season but there's still a very sizeable room for improvement. That much simply cannot be denied.

Dennard did look very good today, though.

Could you please show me where I said that the secondary couldn't be improved upon??

Chung is driving me crazy - everything else i can live with

I wanted them to go for it on 4th and 5. It was a sound football call but you have to block.

Sorry Boss but this was imo the dumbest most egocentric call I've seen in a while. BTW I was all in on the 4th and 2 in Indy. Different game situation, and if we punted I dont think it would ever have been close.

Trent dilfer just called Giants the best team in the NFL despite their record, They have dismantled Panthers and Browns and they are the best team in the NFL ? really?

Except Berman none of the guests talk abt the Pats in a positive way after a victory, Last week when they were discussin abt the Bills game all Dilfer could say was how Bills gifted the game to the pats, and today not a single word abt brady or the offense all he said was the Broncos let Manning down?

Do Manning brothers have some sort of secret tape of Dilfer which he is afraid will be leaked out??????????

When the Giants are focused, they are the best team in the league. They are also the worst possible match up for the patriots due to their interior pass rush and aggressive downfield passing game. Is our new running game the equalizer? I hope we get a chance to find out.

Yes, the secondary sux so badly. Let's just forget that it was Peyton Manning throwing the ball. I mean, he's not a 1st ballot Hall of Famer or anything. I mean, he's so bad that he makes Sanchez look like Johnny Unitas, right?? :rolleyes:

Seriously people, the secondary is NOT as bad as you think. You need to stop your complaining and realize that Manning is still an exceptional player and that he's got some damn good receivers. And they ARE going to make plays on our young defense.

Dabruinz, would you like to see Dennard over Moore? Should Dowling get more playing time? I would give both much more playing time over Moore. I usually disagree with you so I'm interested in your opinion.

Belichick should've benched McDaniels after that 4th and 5 call :bricks:
Belichick should've benched Belichick.

Just freakin' punt the ball! :mad:

Note to Bill:

Tully Can't-A-Play is no longer on the New England Patriots roster!

I'm just curious because I saw alot of positives out there with things the offense was doing and Brady in particular (like pump fakes, when did he last use them more than a couple of times).

But, I did have one gripe. 4th Quarter, we're trying to run out the clock and we have been going run heavy. it was 3rd and 3 I think and we decide to spread them with 3-4 receivers. Why not use play action at that point?

And, I don't recall them using play action too much. They just seemed to man them up and force their will (for the most part).

I'm happy with where the team is and that there's still plenty of room for improvement. Imagine what would happen if we really played 4 solid quarters (both sides of the ball).

Chandler Jones being held a lot

Watched the game and thought that Chandler was held at least 4 times. It seems that the officials have to establish a rookie as legimate before he gets the calls. This guy's a beast and the best is yet to come.

Do these guys have a TV show or something? ....

:eek:

re: Chandler Jones being held a lot

he got nothing from the officials tonight.

THere were several occasions. He certainly caused the Broncos some trouble.

The front seven made crucial plays to win us the game. Brady was fantastic in the first half. The running game was great pretty much throughout. The secondary is the only area of the team that didn't contribute A SINGLE THING to the victory. That may sound harsh, but apart from some plays made by Dennard, they didn't make things hard for Manning at any point.

I find it amazing how you claim that the secondary didn't make it hard for Manning, while praising the front 7, but ignore the fact that Tamme was covered by a LB for all but 1 play. And Tamme had how many receptions? OH, that's right. 6 (5 while covered by a LB). Joel Dreessen had another 4, McGahee had 5 and Hillman had 1. That is 16 receptions to guys generally covered by LBers. Yet you are saying they did great..

This IS Manning we're talking about. He picks apart most defensive secondaries. LB and DB alike. Not giving him that credit is disingenuous.

I saw McCourty make a few plays. Yes, he got taken on the PI, but the play by Manning to Decker for the TD was just a thing of beauty. It was put where only Decker had even a modicum of a chance to get it.

The fact that the Pats held Manning and company to 3 TDs, 2 of them coming late, says a lot to me. It says that the Pats entire defense held Manning in check until Manning was able to get his rhythm going in the 2nd half.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft