PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Broncos POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Belichick is too strict.
Ridley didn't deserve to be benched in my opinion.

I agree. That's the kind of thing that can zap a young player's confidence. He needs to know that you'll go back to him after his mistake. That's what builds confidence. He had an amazing game prior to that fumble.

Belichick should've benched McDaniels after that 4th and 5 call :bricks:

If you really think about it, the call wasn't as much of the problem as the 20 yd loss with the sack.

The playcall may have been a problem, and it likely was.

I don't personally blame Belichick for going for it as we were in no man's land around the 35-37 yd line. There are many, many times where teams choose to go for it. Giving DEN the ball at their own 37 yd line should not have been that big of a deal.

The Brady sack made it look a lot worse than it could have looked.

I agree with you that they probably should've punted, but I also think this call is a bit overly scrutinized due to the poor playcall and the 20 yd loss.

It's funny how nobody is getting onto Brady for not protecting the ball. The play called was a bad one, the sack was worse, but not protecting the ball was priceless.lol

Positives:

-Ninkovich finally came to play :rocker:

-Dennard

-The Patriots rendition of Foster/Tate is successful again, this time against a top 10 rushing defense. Ridley was great (minus the fumble), but I don't want him having 28 carries every week. Bolden had an up and down game but closed the game well.

-Welkah

-TFB with another solid game.

Negatives:

-Chung is awful. Not average, awful. He has been riding a reputation from one sick MNF game against the dolphins two years ago. The point of double coverage is to help the damn CB in coverage, he is useless. I would start looking at giving Ebner a shot in his place, or just start Wilson-Gregory.

-Mccourty....sigh

-Moore. I love his playmaking, but at 5'9 4.53 forty, he isn't an NFL caliber athlete at the CB position. Keep him on smaller, slower WRs, but not Demaryius Thomas.
Another entry in the -ve column - 12ClutchFactor hijacking the game thread

I agree. That's the kind of thing that can zap a young player's confidence. He needs to know that you'll go back to him after his mistake. That's what builds confidence. He had an amazing game prior to that fumble.

As long as he plays this Sunday in SEA it won't be much of a problem, and I expect that he certainly will.

Wow, I wonder what it will take to make everyone happy here. No team can be perfect, every single NFL teams makes dumb plays and has weaknesses.

Our defense came up with a huge critical play at the end of the game. They weren't dominant but they kept Manning in check. I would think that is reason to celebrate, but I guess people only want to think of the offense's troubles closing out the game.

We have two (or three) young back who show enormous potential and have been fantastic the last two weeks. I would think that would be reason to celebrate, but some people are going to act like the Ridley fumble is the only thing to care about going forward.

We aren't perfect, but we should be really excited going forward. Lloyd isn't Ocho, Welker isn't trade bait, our O-line isn't falling apart, Jones isn't all hype, Wilson wasn't a reach, Dennard showed glimpses of being a steal, Nink is proving his value. This game seemed to go against all the the-sky-is-falling stuff I see here all the time. People still find new things to worry about instead of celebrating a critical win against a pretty good team with an elite QB by two scores.

WELKER! (Thank you.)

Our defense is so good at creating turnovers. I think they're even better at it than the SB winning defenses were.

The 2nd half was sloppy. Here's my observations:

No sign that the defense was able to exploit Koppen.

Kudos to the offense for being able to keep the insane up tempo throughout the game

Welker is a stud plain and simple.

Are opposing teams going to choose to die by the run in nickel all season long?

Belichick should have benched himself for not sending out the punt unit

I liked the call..too long for a FG , a punt would have netted 15 yards and a 1st down wouldve ended it almost.

BTW, to any Madden fans in here, it will be a glorious day when the Pats finally have a legit RB in the game above a low 80 overall since Madden 06. Madden 07-10 was mediocre low 80/high 70 Maroney, and Madden 11-12 was low 80 BJGE with -2 speed. Hopefully after this week, Ridley moves up from 81 to 85.

Last edited:
I liked the call..too long for a FG , a punt would have netted 15 yards and a 1st down wouldve ended it almost.

Mesko is a terrific punter and we would have killed some clock.
It was not a necessary gamble

BTW, to any Madden fans in here, it will be a glorious time when the Pats finally have a legit RB in the game above a low 80 since Madden 06. Madden 07-10 was mediocre low 80/high 70 Maroney, and Madden 11-12 was low 80 BJGE with -2 speed. Hopefully after this week, Ridley moves up from 81 to 85.

I don't buy the game every year, but the Pats have always had a legit running game in my version. I don't ever go with the dumb default ratings. I always adjust players as I see fit.;)

Yeah because this was the only game the secondary played poorly. :rolleyes: The secondary is bad and people on this message board need to realize people have differing opinions and are free to express them.

Ironically, YOU are the implying the poster you responded to shouldn't be giving his opinion.

Mesko is a terrific punter and we would have killed some clock.
It was not a necessary gamble

up 17 pts with less than 10mins to play its a worthy gamble at least according to me. Our offense was unstoppable until the last few mins. Just bad execution and no blocking.

Positives:

-Ninkovich finally came to play :rocker: Rob's come to play every week. People just don't understand what his role is and so their expectations are outta whack.

-Dennard

-The Patriots rendition of Foster/Tate is successful again, this time against a top 10 rushing defense. Ridley was great (minus the fumble), but I don't want him having 28 carries every week. Bolden had an up and down game but closed the game well.

-Welkah

-TFB with another solid game. I was kinda disappointed in Tom. He heard footsteps that weren't there 2-3 in the game and it cost the Pats big each time.

Negatives:

-Chung is awful. Not average, awful. He has been riding a reputation from one sick MNF game against the dolphins two years ago. The point of double coverage is to help the damn CB in coverage, he is useless. I would start looking at giving Ebner a shot in his place, or just start Wilson-Gregory.

-Mccourty....sigh McCourty was solid, but not spectacular. He had the ONE bad play where the PI got called. Beyond that, he didn't give up anything that wasn't a very good play by Manning.

-Moore. I love his playmaking, but at 5'9 4.53 forty, he isn't an NFL caliber athlete at the CB position. Keep him on smaller, slower WRs, but not Demaryius Thomas.

Kinda hard to go Wilson - Gregory when Gregory is out with an injury.

Danny Woodhead proved why he is so valuable to this team. He had 2 decisive plays that kept drives alive on 3rd down.

It's funny how nobody is getting onto Brady for not protecting the ball. The play called was a bad one, the sack was worse, but not protecting the ball was priceless.lol

The fact that his knee was down and it was still called a fumble is worst of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News