PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Broncos POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the only guy who was subpar was Daniel Fells, who whiffed on the block on von Miller just before half and miffed a couple of pass plays.

It'll be dynamite to have Aaron back. Or the Hawaiian. Or bring back Gronk's brother. Fells needs to do better.

Why don't we throw more to Branch? I think defenses just leave him in single coverage. One of these days he should haul in a long-gainer.

re: Chandler Jones being held a lot

Maybe he should wear smaller pads as a poster suggested.
The team should be on top of this

Re: Chandler Jones being held a lot

The Pats as a whole got held a lot tonight, many of them beyond blatant. The officiating was particularly one sided.

Did the New England Patriots defense utilize four different cornerbacks at the right cornerback position today?

Arrington
Moore
Dowling
Dennard

Or was it caffeine overdose?

Biggest positive for me is in relation to last year's defense: They probably would have lost the game last year, this year they found a way to win. If you consider the trend of Belichick's defenses improving as the year progresses, I'm pretty excited about how this D might be by the end of the season.

A couple other things to consider:
- Hightower was out, his coverage skills would have been helpful in today's game.
- while McCourty is looking more and more like a JAG (ugh, turn your head already), you have to consider that Manning made some real nice throws to Thomas and Thomas is a tough match up for most CBs I would think.

The team should put together a DVD of all the holds that haven't been called this year, send it to the league office and demand an explanation why they aren't being called and that it should be addressed going forwards.

Sometimes you need to make the first move to get the attention required.

Why did the Broncos put the Champ on Lloyd instead of Welker?

Two words:

Pay Welker.

The game wouldn't have been as "close" as it was if Chandler Jones wasn't getting held on every single play.

Amen to that. If they didn't hold/tackle him it would have made the Golden Boy Peyton look bad. Can't have that.

The team should put together a DVD of all the holds that haven't been called this year, send it to the league office and demand an explanation why they aren't being called and that it should be addressed going forwards.

Sometimes you need to make the first move to get the attention required.

I don't think i can think of a worse idea

I give the Broncos a lot of credit, their defense played pretty well in the second half. Thing is, I think this offense is too good to have the ball in their hands 4 times, needing only a FG or a 5 minute drive to ice the game and come away empty. This is a problem, and it ended up costing us two Superbowls and the Baltimore game (horrendous calls aside).

Sorry, but your posts say you aren't giving Denver much credit at all. Not to mention that you have your series mixed up.

After the Pats put up their 2nd TD in the 3rd quarter, they only had the ball 3 other times in the game before they ran out the clock.

The First drive, they took 1:41 off the clock. That was the drive that ended with a tackle for loss and two sacks of Brady.

The second drive was the one where Brady fumbled the ball back 20 yards..

The third drive was the fumble by Ridley.

All 3 of those drives were killed by great plays from the Denver defense. Something I can acknowledge and give them credit for.

Yes, I'd have loved for Ridley not to have fumbled. But that is part of the game. It happens. And the Pats defense came up big with Ninkovich's forced fumble on McGahee.

Yes, not having a competent running game didn't allow the Pats to close out 2 SBs and one AFCCG game against Horseface. But, this team is not those teams. They DID close this one out by being able run over 3 minutes off the clock when they needed to. That's the difference.

Maybe he should wear smaller pads as a poster suggested.
The team should be on top of this

Would smaller pads help stop opposing tackles from putting Chandler in a head lock?

Sorry Boss but this was imo the dumbest most egocentric call I've seen in a while. BTW I was all in on the 4th and 2 in Indy. Different game situation, and if we punted I dont think it would ever have been close.

GO ahead and explain how that call is "egocentric".. I'll get some popcorn because I know hearing the explanation is going to be good entertainment.

Hightower hurt?

Just checked the stat's and didn't see his name. Hope its not serious.

I got to watch the Panthers lose to Seattle. They have a good defense but not much on offense.

Hope the game is on TV next week BUT I just looked and the Giants play at 49ers same time. I'm sure that will be the late game here.

Re: Hightower hurt?

Hamstring injury

Those bastards can last anywhere from a week to 2 months or so...They linger and can reinjure any second after trying to heal.

I say let him rest a few more weeks until after the bye

GO ahead and explain how that call is "egocentric".. I'll get some popcorn because I know hearing the explanation is going to be good entertainment.

And to think after a year I took you off ignore??? Goodbye!

I was being sarcastic. I love the guy.
I apologize. Sarcasm is hard to detect after viewing so many threads and posts after a win.

Some act like we lost and the entire team, safe a few, are really bad. This is after wins, after losses it's much worse.:D

BTW, did you notice a couple of fans wearing hard hats with #39 and a block of wood on top. Funniest and most original yet, IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey