PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Broncos POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad we won but we need to do something about our secondary. It's nice to win despite their terribleness but it will come back and haunt us probably when it matters most.

What would you do??

I forgot how nice it is to have a REAL Running Game, ive wanted to see one since 04. It solves so many problems.

Should we be worried?

@MikeReiss Patriots injury updates: RT Sebastian Vollmer (knee) and LG Logan Mankins (calf), both questionable to return.

I would say it's more of a precaution!

And while that was worrying at times from the D, it's still a win over Manning! :D

Yes, the secondary sux so badly. Let's just forget that it was Peyton Manning throwing the ball. I mean, he's not a 1st ballot Hall of Famer or anything. I mean, he's so bad that he makes Sanchez look like Johnny Unitas, right?? :rolleyes:

Seriously people, the secondary is NOT as bad as you think. You need to stop your complaining and realize that Manning is still an exceptional player and that he's got some damn good receivers. And they ARE going to make plays on our young defense.

I agree with that whole heartedly. Much better than last year.

Two of those catches on McCourty were just outstanding catches by the receivers. No CB could have stopped them. I like very much the young DB's on this team.

The secondary is what it is. It can improve, but odds are it won't become a strength of this team anytime soon. I'm more concerned about the offense, and their inability to close out games.

Hmm... Sure looked like they closed this one out.. Ran over 3 minutes off the clock..

The Ridley fumble was a damn good play by a damn good player. Give some credit where it's due.

Yes, the secondary sux so badly. Let's just forget that it was Peyton Manning throwing the ball. I mean, he's not a 1st ballot Hall of Famer or anything. I mean, he's so bad that he makes Sanchez look like Johnny Unitas, right?? :rolleyes:

Seriously people, the secondary is NOT as bad as you think. You need to stop your complaining and realize that Manning is still an exceptional player and that he's got some damn good receivers. And they ARE going to make plays on our young defense.

There's a difference between a great QB and a great WR making a play, and the secondary being out of position. It's pretty obvious that, while there were several instances of the former, the latter was also prevalent throughout the game. Manning is a fantastic quarterback, but if this is the type of defensive performance we should always expect against a QB of his caliber, we aren't winning a Superbowl anytime soon.

Anyone else get that sick feeling when the score went to 31-14?

What happens with Ridley now? Do they bench him next week a la SB 46? Can Bolden take over for him if need be?

Dennard and Wilson looked good. I liked what I saw from them.

Only when Jim Nance brought up the 2010 game was at the exact same score, when the Colts almost came back to win. F you Nance...:bricks:

Anyone else get that sick feeling when the score went to 31-14?

What happens with Ridley now? Do they bench him next week a la SB 46? Can Bolden take over for him if need be?

Dennard and Wilson looked good. I liked what I saw from them.

I feel bad for ridley...it wasn't even his fault that time........and bill will still sit him for a half.

Trade woodhead for cornerbacks that look at the ball instead of the player.

Yea great idea, there are a ton of them out there... some many to choose from.

secondary won't be getting any better anytime soon unfortunately

I'm more concerned with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Joe Flacco looking like Peyton Manning when they're playing our secondary. Which they did in concurrent weeks.

I forgot how nice it is to have a REAL Running Game, ive wanted to see one since 04. It solves so many problems.

The Pats haven't had a running game THIS GOOD since 1980.. Maybe even before that.. Back to Back weeks where they put up over 240 yards (247 and 253) on the ground.. Mind Boggling..

I'm more concerned with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Joe Flacco looking like Peyton Manning when they're playing our secondary. Which they did in concurrent weeks.

Except that both Flacco and Fitzpatrick have shown they can make the elite throws. They just aren't consistent doing so.

Someone tell me you were extremely nervous when we were moving the ball after the 4th down conversion, about to make it a one score game with 5+ to play.

Just tell me you got nervous, and I'll feel a little bit better about that disaster of a defensive performance.

Please. :(

Hmm... Sure looked like they closed this one out.. Ran over 3 minutes off the clock..

The Ridley fumble was a damn good play by a damn good player. Give some credit where it's due.

The game should have been over after the McGahee drop. We got the ball back after they scored their second TD, did nothing with it. Got the ball back with great field position after stopping them on fourth down, did nothing with it. Were it not for Ninkovich making a play, we would've been in a dog fight, and this might have gone down in history as the "Ridley fumble" game. Had we had any good drives after we put 31 on the board, the Broncos would've put away. They kept clawing back because we let off the hook.

Positives:

-Ninkovich finally came to play :rocker:

-Dennard

-The Patriots rendition of Foster/Tate is successful again, this time against a top 10 rushing defense. Ridley was great (minus the fumble), but I don't want him having 28 carries every week. Bolden had an up and down game but closed the game well.

-Welkah

-TFB with another solid game.

Negatives:

-Chung is awful. Not average, awful. He has been riding a reputation from one sick MNF game against the dolphins two years ago. The point of double coverage is to help the damn CB in coverage, he is useless. I would start looking at giving Ebner a shot in his place, or just start Wilson-Gregory.

-Mccourty....sigh

-Moore. I love his playmaking, but at 5'9 4.53 forty, he isn't an NFL caliber athlete at the CB position. Keep him on smaller, slower WRs, but not Demaryius Thomas.

What's kind of funny is this offense is doing it without Hernandez. They probably would have had 5-7 more first downs with him playing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back