PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Bills POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Thank you to the Buffalo Bills

If you really think this make sense, you watching the games is a complete waste of time.

"Grading" turnovers is the ultimate sign of a complete ******.

Ian, look what this site has become.

Idiots are now giving turnovers beauty grades!!!!

Why is this allowed?

Why is a difference of opinion allowed on a message board?

I would say calling someone a ****** is more egregious than questioning the Patriots' defensive performance.

Me and my bro felt Ghost will get a call tomorrow and sent packing, after the blowout is this bum going to stay?

Amazing how he is automatic up 21, but in a tied/close game he is out of it mentally.

...for me, it was nice for a young team like ours to experience that as a team they can score that many points in a half and that they are not out of a game.

I think until you experience that as a team you are never sure you can turn it around in a game....yeah they weren't down by 28 points or anything but they started making plays and I like the fact these young guys got to experience that first hand.

This team...i don't know...it's gonna be a fun ride!

Why is a difference of opinion allowed on a message board?

I would say calling someone a ****** is more egregious than questioning the Patriots' defensive performance.

The only reason there is a difference of opinion is because that "opinion" is completely ******ed.

What you have to figure out is why you would even consider that "opinion" as something that should not be mocked and the author ridiculed.

Me and my bro felt Ghost will get a call tomorrow and sent packing, after the blowout is this bum going to stay?

Amazing how he is automatic up 21, but in a tied/close game he is out of it mentally.

When you and your partner learn the game you won't think he'll get sent packing

The only reason there is a difference of opinion is because that "opinion" is completely ******ed.

What you have to figure out is why you would even consider that "opinion" as something that should not be mocked and the author ridiculed.

His opinion was that three of the turnovers were more about QB mistakes than the D forcing the turnover. That's ******ed? Ok.

"Fitzpatrick is better than Brady" is a ******ed opinion.

"Fitzpatrick threw a couple of ducks and the INT's are all on him" is an opinion you and I diasagree with.

But let's say it is ******ed. Mock it. Ridicule it. Call it ******ed. But calling on the board admin to do something about people with ******ed opinions? What is that? Not ******ed, but kind of vaginal.

And just because I used the word vaginal, let's not turn this int a Vereen discussion!;)

Both Edelman and Hernandez were getting reps in place of Welker. Now Welker is back to being the key receiver on the team.

Welker's performance and inclusion in the game plan is obvious. No one knows how many reps he would have had if Edelman and Hernandez were healthy.

What is indeed clear is that Gronkowski, Lloyd and Welker are an awesome set of receivers.

To make the point more obvious, when Edelman is healthy, Welker SHOULD still get as many reps as he had today.

Its just too bad they are pissed at him for not signing that contract and punishing him at the expense of what is best for the team.

Last edited:
The Bills folded up tent. The Pats are deep, deep in their heads at this point. They feel like they have to play the perfect game just to have a chance.

Spiller's fumble changed the whole game, even though the Bills came out & scored in the 2nd half. It took all of the hope & guts out of that team.

There is so much cause and effect that it is hard to say if that one particular play was it. Even if the bills had scored do you really think we were out of it considering how well they played in the 2nd half?

Can we please stop with the empty backfield,Pats are going to pass play.

I put more of the early issues on execution than play calling

I can't help but think that the offense isn't doing enough at practice, thus the jekyll and hyde. when they're executing, I don't think it matters what mcdaniels calls.

My numbers may be off, but my calculations have Wwlker as second in the league in receiving yards. "After all that."

Megatron: 423
Welker: 380
Amendola: 351
S. Smith (Car.): 349
Torrey Smith: 332

AJ Green (4:00 game) has 311 coming into today; V Cruz (Sun p.m.) has 279. Reggie Wayne (bye) has 294.

Yeah but that's only because Edelman has allowed him to do so. Edelman is simply biding his time. ;)

Message To All Bawking Chicken Littles...

please go pluck yourself, bathe yourselves in canola oil and take a seat on a rack in a 400 degree preheated oven...maybe you will finally contribute something worthwhile to the fanbase...

kfc-chicken-littles.jpg

Just some quick hits:

1.) Tremendous second half offensive explosion

2.) McCourty is hailed for making picks, and it's great that he caught them. His game shows how close the line between goat and hero is, though. If Fitzpicksix makes good throws on those plays, they're both big completions for Buffalo because McCourty was beaten.

3.) This defensive backfield still sucks

4.) Sadly, it appears that Gregory is who many of us thought he was. Which leads to....

5.) Tavon "Reach" Wilson may turn out to be the starter with Chung in very short order. While I haven't focused on him, when I've followed him, he seems to be playing at least well enough to compete with Gregory. That may be damning with faint praise, but it's a damned sight better than having Sergio Brown back there.

6.) I still think that this LB group would be better off in the 3-4, because that would allow Spikes to be less of a drawback in the passing game.

7.) Mr. Bolden had an excellent game. A couple more like that and I might be glad they didn't send him to the practice squad. ;)

8.) Wifork - Poet, Statesman, hard hitting safety

9.) I think we're seeing both the good and bad of Mr. Lloyd. Separation issues and some easy drops v. solid ballfighting skills and circus catches. I got the feeling today that Brady started to get a better take on that as this game went on, and I'm very hopeful that we'll see a bit more judiciousness in the throws sent #85's way.

10.) TFB = GOAT, and he played like it in the second half of this game. Keep it up, Tom.

11.) And this may be the most important in the longterm:

It may turn out that the injuries to Hernandez and Edelman, while certainly not something to hope for, have a beneficial effect for the offense in the end. With them sidelined, the offense is much more Welker-centric, and it looks better by orders of magnitude. It's one thing to be diverse, but I seems clear that it's another to alter the basic offensive focus.

Last edited:
man,THAT is a great post...

Welker's performance and inclusion in the game plan is obvious. No one knows how many reps he would have had if Edelman and Hernandez were healthy.

Probably between 2/3 and 3/4, which is what he was getting when Edelnandez ( :) ) were healthy.

Mayo - Great job at running your mouth without actually thinking. You clearly didn't watch the Jets/Bills game so you are speaking from a position of ignorance.

First and foremost, the Pats defense didn't FORCE 6 turnovers. They forced 3. The two fumbles and the 2nd McCourty Interception (which was a thing of beauty by McCourty). The other 3 interceptions were balls that Fitzpatrick shouldn't have thrown. He tries to force things to happen an, when he does, it gets picked off. In all 3 cases, he shouldn't have thrown the ball.

Now, something you should wrap your head around because I can guarantee you that BB is gonna be ticked with it. The Pats gave up 4 TDs and 350 yards passing.

Next time you are going to respond with idiot sarcasm, stop and think about who you are saying it to. I'm not some jackmonkey troll with no brain. I'm someone who watches the games and keeps a level head about what he sees..

no you're right...and that win that the bills got last year when they were down 21-0 to the pats wasn't really a big deal...just the pats being the pats....

Stevan Ridley + Brandon Bolden > Fred Jackson + CJ Spiller!

Bills fans must be seriously depressed right now....

heh..yeah, Banj...I just found out Uncle Meat has transgendered into Auntie Bleat....get all the sheep in the barn!!!!

Just some quick hits:

1.) Tremendous second half offensive explosion

2.) McCourty is hailed for making picks, and it's great that he caught them. His game shows how close the line between goat and hero is, though. If Fitzpicksix makes good throws on those plays, they're both big completions for Buffalo because McCourty was beaten.

3.) This defensive backfield still sucks

4.) Sadly, it appears that Gregory is who many of us thought he was. Which leads to....

5.) Tavon "Reach" Wilson may turn out to be the starter with Chung in very short order. While I haven't focused on him, when I've followed him, he seems to be playing at least well enough to compete with Gregory. That may be damning with faint praise, but it's a damned sight better than having Sergio Brown back there.

6.) I still think that this LB group would be better off in the 3-4, because that would allow Spikes to be less of a drawback in the passing game.

7.) Mr. Bolden had an excellent game. A couple more like that and I might be glad they didn't send him to the practice squad. ;)

8.) Wifork - Poet, Statesman, hard hitting safety

9.) I think we're seeing both the good and bad of Mr. Lloyd. Separation issues and some easy drops v. solid ballfighting skills and circus catches. I got the feeling today that Brady started to get a better take on that as this game went on, and I'm very hopeful that we'll see a bit more judiciousness in the throws sent #85's way.

10.) TFB = GOAT, and he played like it in the second half of this game. Keep it up, Tom.

11.) And this may be the most important in the longterm:

It may turn out that the injuries to Hernandez and Edelman, while certainly not something to hope for, have a beneficial effect for the offense in the end. With them sidelined, the offense is much more Welker-centric, and it looks better by orders of magnitude. It's one thing to be diverse, but I seems clear that it's another to alter the basic offensive focus.

This pretty much sums it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back