PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Bills POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Thank you to the Buffalo Bills

Brandon Spikes made the play that turned the game around. I don't think that the Bills would have "imploded" had they scored.
You could tell, even on TV that the Patriots got a big lift and the Bills were deflated by that play.

Was popping on just to say this. The defense made the play of the game and it was nice to see. Spikes and VW combined to turn the tides of the game. I'd honestly be tempted to give the gameball to Spikes as he was blowing guys up all game.

Some great stats here:

It’s the first time any team scored 45 points or more in the second half since the 1972 Cincinnati Bengals did so against the Oilers .

The Patriots are the second team in NFL history with a pair of 100-yard rushers and a pair of 100-yard receivers in the same game. The other was the Green Bay Packers against the Detroit Lions in 2008.

With the exception of our front seven on D - our first half was attrocious. Safeties were awful all game.

The Front 7 wasn't all that great in the first half and that was part of the reason they were having issues.

Also, Hightower going down didn't help matters, though Spikes playing almost the entire 2nd half with the Pats in their Nickel formation definitely helped things.

Per SMY on Twitter, Pats got called for 1 — ONE — penalty today.

1. Pass coverage over the middle was pathetic.
2. Gostkoswki needs to get his head together.

Nice to have a win with the Manning lead Broncos coming to town.

Gronkowski (x2), Welker and Lloyd not holding on to easy throws didn't help things in the 1st half.. And those are bigger issues than barely missing a 42 and a 49 yard field goal.

Not to mention the 2 fumbles that the Pats gave up. Again, Gronkowski and Welker.

I don't hear people complaining about those things. And those are supposed to be 2 of our star players..

I'm just glad that Fitzpatrick self-destructed when the pressure was on.

What a games. Was not all roses though. Not sure what the hell is up woth Gronk. Two dropped passes that could have been two TDs and one Fumble. The offense looked bad at times as did the defense. O line protected brady pretty well.

Did not look good when they were down 21-7. I don't know what happened in the locker room at halftime but whatever BB said it worked. Pats have a strong second half and you could see the wheels come off the bills as the game progressed. I am hoping the pats are done effing around now and start kicking ass.

Last edited:
What a games. Did not look good when they were down 21-7. I don't know what happened in the locker room at halftime but whatever BB said it worked. Pats have a strong second half and you could see the wheels come off the bills as the game progressed. I am hoping the pats are done effing around now and start kicking ass.

Actually, it was 14-7 at the half. Pats were flat on first 2nd half possession, then Bills scored again. Wasn't looking good then. Quite a turn around. Seemed to me things clicked when they went to Welker more (surprise) and Bolden kicked into gear.

Gronk, Welker, and Lloyd made this game a lot harder than it needed to be in the first half. Brady must have wanted to bang their heads together like the 3 Stooges. Fortunately they pulled those heads out of their asses in the second half and got this much needed win.

I just think this is remarkable. Last seven possessions for New England:

8 plays, 80 yds, 2:58, Touchdown
8 plays, 85 yds, 3:19, Touchdown
5 plays, 63 yds, 2:01, Touchdown
6 plays, 42 yds, 1:44, Touchdown
2 plays, 12 yds, 0:50, Touchdown
6 plays, 48 yds, 2:30, Touchdown
4 plays, 7 yds, 1:58, Field Goal

39 plays, 337 yds, 8.64 yds per play, 15 minutes, 20 seconds, 6 TD, 1 FG, 45 points

Holy smokes.

The only negative on this team really are the safeties. Their play is abysmal, except for Wilson. I'm loving Mccourty and think he is finally back.

I would start Wilson in place of Gregory and start Moore in place of Arrington.

If the safeties didn't suck the secondary would be good.

Last edited:

Yup, clearly the Pats had little to do with it. It couldn't have been that the Pats' OL and running game wore down the Buffalo defense, or that our physical defense forced 6 turnovers and made numerous game-changing stops. It was clearly just a typical Buffalo choke job, and we were fortunate to be the beneficiaries.

Mayo - Great job at running your mouth without actually thinking. You clearly didn't watch the Jets/Bills game so you are speaking from a position of ignorance.

First and foremost, the Pats defense didn't FORCE 6 turnovers. They forced 3. The two fumbles and the 2nd McCourty Interception (which was a thing of beauty by McCourty). The other 3 interceptions were balls that Fitzpatrick shouldn't have thrown. He tries to force things to happen an, when he does, it gets picked off. In all 3 cases, he shouldn't have thrown the ball.

Now, something you should wrap your head around because I can guarantee you that BB is gonna be ticked with it. The Pats gave up 4 TDs and 350 yards passing.

Next time you are going to respond with idiot sarcasm, stop and think about who you are saying it to. I'm not some jackmonkey troll with no brain. I'm someone who watches the games and keeps a level head about what he sees..

Gronk, Welker, and Lloyd made this game a lot harder than it needed to be in the first half. Brady must have wanted to bang their heads together like the 3 Stooges. Fortunately they pulled those heads out of their asses in the second half and got this much needed win.

Maybe those three are who Brady meant by "F* ck those Bi*ches... I'll run it myself!" ;)

Last edited:
Actually, it was 14-7 at the half. Pats were flat on first 2nd half possession, then Bills scored again. Wasn't looking good then. Quite a turn around. Seemed to me things clicked when they went to Welker more (surprise) and Bolden kicked into gear.

Ahh that is right. Wilfork save the half with the fuble recovery at the goal line. Bill did score somewhat quickly then it looked bad.

Brandon Spikes made the play that turned the game around. I don't think that the Bills would have "imploded" had they scored.
You could tell, even on TV that the Patriots got a big lift and the Bills were deflated by that play.

A mentally tough team (like the Pats) don't lose confidence (and implode) the way the Bills did today over a play like that. They come back and make one of their own. As the Pats have done against the Cardinals and against the Ravens. Games which they should have won, but lost by 2 and 1 points respectively.

The Bills folded up tent. The Pats are deep, deep in their heads at this point. They feel like they have to play the perfect game just to have a chance.

Spiller's fumble changed the whole game, even though the Bills came out & scored in the 2nd half. It took all of the hope & guts out of that team.

Mayo - Great job at running your mouth without actually thinking. You clearly didn't watch the Jets/Bills game so you are speaking from a position of ignorance.

First and foremost, the Pats defense didn't FORCE 6 turnovers. They forced 3. The two fumbles and the 2nd McCourty Interception (which was a thing of beauty by McCourty). The other 3 interceptions were balls that Fitzpatrick shouldn't have thrown. He tries to force things to happen an, when he does, it gets picked off. In all 3 cases, he shouldn't have thrown the ball.

Now, something you should wrap your head around because I can guarantee you that BB is gonna be ticked with it. The Pats gave up 4 TDs and 350 yards passing.

Next time you are going to respond with idiot sarcasm, stop and think about who you are saying it to. I'm not some jackmonkey troll with no brain. I'm someone who watches the games and keeps a level head about what he sees..

If you really think this make sense, you watching the games is a complete waste of time.

"Grading" turnovers is the ultimate sign of a complete ******.

Ian, look what this site has become.

Idiots are now giving turnovers beauty grades!!!!

Why is this allowed?

That second half run bukkake they unleashed on the Bills was a joy to watch.

Oh Lord. You, sir, have a way with words. Oh my... I don't even know what to say to that.

Why are you saying Lloyd made it harder? He ran his routes and made a great TD catch. He didn't turn it over. If anything they covered him very well and Brady forced a few to Lloyd that weren't open.

Gronkowski had a tough game. Lots of drops and the fumble. But he made up for it during the last six drives that ended with five TDs and a FG. Gronk's fumble wasn't a mental error, it was great defense by two pros.

Welker had very nice game except for the strip - but again, the defenders did a very nice job of double-teaming him on the tackle and strip.

My numbers may be off, but my calculations have Wwlker as second in the league in receiving yards. "After all that."

Megatron: 423
Welker: 380
Amendola: 351
S. Smith (Car.): 349
Torrey Smith: 332

AJ Green (4:00 game) has 311 coming into today; V Cruz (Sun p.m.) has 279. Reggie Wayne (bye) has 294.

Just think how many yards Welker would have if Belichick wasn't mad at him and trying to cut him out of the offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes