PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Patriots vs Bills POST game thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you are missing a few "o" in the Pow :D

Ghost I believe will put it together. Not sure what got into him today.

Agreed on Wilson over Gregory. The pass D in general is still worrisome although DMC played an amazing game. I think aside from the Ravens game he looks like a quality starter at worst.

I felt like we waited too long to really commit to running. We weren't just having success on the ground, we were doing whatever we damn pleased on the ground. Didn't need the stupid pass-run-pass format that cost us. I think eventually JMD will find his niche again but I wasn't that happy, and flat out pissed about the pass on first and goal from the 2 yard line when we were running the ball AT WILL. That's something that most glaze over, but say Buffalo's DB actually catches that ball, it's still just a 7 point game and knowing how our defense tends to collapse at the worst moments it could've changed the entire game from what we saw. He really needs to stop overthinking on some of these.

Please post your comments, knee jerk reactions, and insightful observations regarding the now completed big victory over the Bills.

First I'd like to give big kudos to the kick ass OL.

Brandon Spikes was a game saver with that hit on the goal line Who knows how this game would have gone if he hadn't made that hit.

And how would you liked to been on the receiving end of Big Vince's hit?:rofl:

Let's savor the victory and do the analysis later. This wasa tremendous day for half tiem adjustments.

Good come from behind win today. These wins really help build a team and get thigns going. I'm not a negative guy at all and I'm just as stoked as the rest but lets not forget a few causes for concern going forward:

1. Pass Defense in the middle of the field
Second week in a row (Jacoby Jones last week and the Titans had a few big ones as well) that teams are just owning us in the mid field. This falls directly on our Safeties. Chung and Gregory need to step their game up huge going forward. At this point I can't see us extending Chung and I'm not sure how much longer it will be before Wilson passes Gregory. Maybe after the bye week.

2. Hightower injured and doesn't come back
He was having a pretty damn good game before he went down. Although I must say Tracy White filed in for him and I didn't hear his name at all so that's not bad.

3. Starting slow again
This team has to start faster.

Other than that, great half of a game for ouf offense and pretty damn good whole game by the D.

They made some plays, 'owning us' is kind of an exageration, we covered it well a number of times too.

We have a running game...

a0yqua.jpg

So when does Mankins get cut?

Great comeback, the pats endevoured to perservere and eventually crushed the jills. I was working on my house so i didn't follow the game like i normally would. I can't imagine what the first half of the game thread looked like with all the doom and gloomers saying the seasons over brady and BB are over the hill and should be replaced etc.

BTW i guess McCourty still sucks and should be moved to FS. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Great comeback, the pats endevoured to perservere and eventually crushed the jills. I was working on my house so i didn't follow the game like i normally would. I can't imagine what the first half of the game thread looked like with all the doom and gloomers saying the seasons over brady and BB are over the hill and should be replaced etc.

BTW i guess McCourty still sucks and should be moved to FS. :rolleyes:

Belichick was compared to Norv Turner, "ballgame" calls on a 2nd quarter fumble by the Pats, the Patriots have no chance at the playoffs...it was a real hoot!

The nfl has figured out the new patriots defense........The secondary can't stop the play before it's too late.

Gronk is literally dropping the in bad times.

Dante deserves a game ball for that masterpiece out there.

Love Spikes. He and Vince are clutch!

Our secondary still sucks. I'd like to see Wilson start over Chung or Gregory. He can't be much worse but, at least, is a playmaker.

1/4 through the season, Ridley is on pace for 1356 yards and 12 TDs. Though if Bolden is as good as he looked today those will come down. Looking at the schedule hard to see us not playing from ahead alot of the time, should be able to accumulate alot of yardage.

Don't know which is more satisfying. Pats score 52 in Buffalo or Jets laying an egg. But the combination of both is awesomeness.

btw, Pat Chung is the new Meriweather. Holy taking-bad-angles batman.

My numbers may be off, but my calculations have Wwlker as second in the league in receiving yards. "After all that."

Megatron: 423
Welker: 380
Amendola: 351
S. Smith (Car.): 349
Torrey Smith: 332

AJ Green (4:00 game) has 311 coming into today; V Cruz (Sun p.m.) has 279. Reggie Wayne (bye) has 294.

Can I just say a massive phew!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft