PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The Official Day 1 Patriots Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
That freak stat about Solder basically not giving up any sacks, reminds me of last year when they showed a freak stat about McCourty for the passing completion % of passes thrown his way - it was ridiculously low.

Four to go, I wonder if the "trade" that was rumored is now dead due to the fact that it was most likely for Ponder. Mallet has to be talking to himself. I wonder if Andy Dalton goes before him?

Vollmer and Solder. Bookends for a decade.

Maybe not for a decade, but probably the next 5 years anyway. The more I read about this pick, the more I love it. This dude is going to be a monster, and all the reports suggest that he's very athletic as well. Not just a big, slow guy. He can move.

The Eagles are choosing a 27 yeard old OT/G in the first round, but somehow Nate Solder would SURELY have lasted until the 28th pick. We have some real bright members here.
Until he was picked did You have him rated as a first round pick? I saw TSmith ,Costanzo, Watkins, Carimi as first rounders. Solder No. It was a a Logan Mankins type pick, he was suppose togo in the second round too, i hope Solder turns out like Mankins as far as playing ability

Last edited:
Bower lives another day.

Until he was picked did You have him rated as a first round pick? I saw TSmith ,Costanzo, Watkins as first rounders. Solder No

Yes, and so did pretty much every single draft analyst.

Houston is likely of our board, and won;t get drafted until the 3rd.

Presumably due to the marijuana.

Historically hasn't been a big issue.
Didn't hurt Warren Sapp's career.
Pats didn't over-react to Kevin Faulk.

Stupid, no doubt.
But 10 sacks from a college 3-4 OLB.
Can't overlook that if you have an interest in improving the pass rush.

I wonder if the Saints take Ingram here?

If the Pats want to trade up, the Seahawks will likely be the spot. The Hawks can trade down to 28 and still get the top QB available. No one is selecting a QB from now to 28 unless they trade up.

Mike Mayock said Solder was his #1 OT, and he's probably the best analyst.
Also, I forget who but there were comparisons made of Solder to Tony Boselli...

Shift Light to RG and this O-line will be real good.

Are people responding to Simkin like they expected anything other than terrible commentary?

Really, haven't you all followed his posting history here?

bowers, wilkerson or jordan should be there @28 come on BB lets get our pass rusher finally!

Yes, and so did pretty much every single draft analyst.

Apparently Bill Parcells had Solder rated the #13 pick in the draft. That guy does know a little bit about football talent.

All the binkies go in the next 4 picks........ BOOK IT!

Utter foolishness. Except MAYBE last year? Still not sold on McCourty? Mayo was a bad pick?

Seriously terrible commentary.
I love McCourty. Mayo is a very good pick as are Gronk and Hernandez. 4 good picks in 56 rounds/picks

I think the Solder pick will work out just fine. And you know BB deserves credit for making picks that are good for his team and anticipate opponents' picks to follow (McCourty/CBs last year, Solder/OL this year).

For those who don't like the pick or aren't sure: There's a long way to go. A lot of what made the '10 draft so special happened after Day 1. SOme fine players await.

I just changed my mind on Watkins, he seems like a really likeable guy.

This.....how can any Pats fan think that Dante didn't have a huge amount of input....make that the most input....to the Solder versus Costanzo choice?

For the OL....its In Dante We Trust.....

Dante worked out Solder and Costanzo personally. If he likes Solder better, I will definitely take Dante's judgment over that of message board posters with knee jerk reactions on draft day. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore