PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

**The Official Day 1 Patriots Draft Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
via tom curran

Patriots didn't visit directly with Solder until Monday. Dante Scarnecchia did the workout. Get the feeling he was a "settle" pick.

Philly's record of drafting PatsFans' binkies is unparalleled.

Eagles go DB here with Smith

I would think they keep the next pick and trade 33, better trade value at 33.

Yea and more time to trade 33 too. They gotta make that pick at 28.

Colts gets our hometown player. Thats absurd. How can we leave Castonzo for that Solder guy? Really, BB? Solder above Castonzo? Thats lol

I think Castonzo is from illinois.

I bet philly takes Jordan.

I would think they keep the next pick and trade 33, better trade value at 33.

That's what I'm thinking because both remaining QBs will fall out of the 1st round. All the remaining teams are set at the QB position.

Solder is a freak blocker. Something like 1500 pass attempts and only gave up 5 sacks, playing in a strong conference.

Pats didn't miss on this one.

The Tuna rated Solder the best tackle in the draft, gave him a high first round grade. I think its a very good pick, predicted we would take him but thought it would be at 28.

I wouldn't bet against BB and Dante. Solder is probably the better player.

Even Mel said Solder had higher upside than Costanzo. With Dante as the O-Line coach, I give Solder a huge chance to be a star LT in the NFL. Dante and BB are probably very excited about this pick.

There still should be a good defensive player available at 28. Seattle is likely to take Mallett. The Ravens might go offense. The Saints might take Ingram.

The Eagles are choosing a 27 yeard old OT/G in the first round, but somehow Nate Solder would SURELY have lasted until the 28th pick. We have some real bright members here.

Last edited:
Well you better head down to Foxboro and straighten those idiots that the Patriots have in the war room.

Geez.

At leastwewont draft reach after reach in the last 6 years except maybe last year

Castonzo looked devestated about going to the colts. :D

at 28 if its not a trade it will be someone who everyone will think is a 2nd or 3rd round player :). it wont be the obvious jordan etc...

Here come the Saints taking Ingram. I'll be mildly disappointed.

Love the USA Chant. Classy move by New Yorkers....?

At leastwewont draft reach after reach in the last 6 years except maybe last year

Utter foolishness. Except MAYBE last year? Still not sold on McCourty? Mayo was a bad pick?

Seriously terrible commentary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft