PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Congrats and Andre Tippett appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Official: Andre Tippett congrats and appreciation thread

Congratulations to one of the best black-belt-Jewish-linebackers the Patriots have ever had!

Congrats Tip! Well deserved.

Here's a great article making an excellent case for Tippett from the good folks at CHFF...

Making direct comparisons between Tippett and existing Hall of Famers is difficult because of a lack of representation among the new breed at the position. Only one outside linebacker who played in the last twenty years has made the Hall, and he was arguably the best the game has ever seen: Lawrence Taylor.

Likening Tippett to Taylor is similar to comparing every backcourt star to Michael Jordan or every great goal scorer to Wayne Gretzky. If those men represent the standard by which all players are judged, then the Halls of Fame would be rather empty.

One of my favorite "all-time" players. Well-deserved and long overdue Andre!!

congratulations from my side too

grande Andre !!!

I watched the guy play his entire career. One of the bright spots, who really didn't get the publicity he deserved. It's especially nice to see a guy like that still healthy, flexible and not wrecked by the years of impact. And a decent guy, successfull post career. He's a superb ambassador for the brand.

How did Tip play in SB XX? Good, bad, regular? I really have no idea.

That's like asking about last Feb. Verboten!

Watched Tip his whole career, and it was always one of the bright spots of the early, struggling years. Congrats again, and enjoy these long overdue rewards Mr Tippett!

"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

"Other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how was the play?"

:rofl::rofl:Lost my morning cupa on that one!

Can anyone find any video of Tippet during his playing days? I have been searching but have not found anything

Can anyone find any video of Tippet during his playing days? I have been searching but have not found anything

I have saved on my TIVO, many of the 30 minute season highlight films that NFL Network & Fespn will show from time to time.

I just watched 1986 and was reminded of just how dominant his guy was.

I remember watching Tip in his playing days, I used to isolate on him with my Binoc's and he truly was a man among boys.

Better that LT?? Impossible to say and not debatable, doesn't matter, they both were truly great ones.

I will say from '84-'88, when the Patriots were talented and having 500 + years, Tip was absolutely dominant.

Last edited:

Congrats to Tippet,its about time...

According to press releases, the special at 10pm tonight will be full of old tapes from as far back as his HS days. Should be good to tape!:p

Nobody around this place is going to want to hear this, of course, but there is one guy who should get a hefty dose of credit for Andre's induction - Ron Borges. Just sayin'.

I wanted to be there tonight for the induction but right now I'm just too broak. :( I even have Andre's "Gridiron Classic" jersey that I bought a year ago figuring this day would come and I would wear it at his induction.

I can't say for sure, but I may have seen Andre play. In 1986 I got to go to a preseason game in Green Bay between the Packers and the Patriots. Since I was only 10 at the time I don't remember much about it (I was more interested in the scoreboard graphics than the game itself), all I know is the Patriots won. Tippett likely played in that game, but I can't say for sure.

For today I told the wife (well, asked her ;) ) I would be camped out in front of the TV from 3-5 for the "NFL Total Access" special and then the induction. As I write this they're showing Andre's talk with Jerod Mayo, which I'm recording onto DVD. And how cool is it that in the same year one of the Pats' all-time best linebackers goes into Canton, the team drafts another LB with its first pick?

There's been a lot of talk about Andre the last few years. On the board I used to hang out on we had a big discussion when I posted a story where John Hannah stated he thought Tippett was better than LT. Even most Pats fans there said LT was the better of the two, but that Tippett was a close second and deserved to be in the HOF. But as we all know, it's harder to get in when you played for a bad team, and during most of Andre's years the Pats weren't that good.

Before the "Total Access" show they had a program called "Top Ten Players Not in the Hall of Fame", and one of the pundits noted that while 17,000+ men have played in the NFL, only 230 or so are in the Hall of Fame. So for Andre to have made it, he must have been pretty good.

I have the TV set on record for his induction this evening. AndreTippett was an awesome player. If he played his career on a more competetive team, who knows maybe he's in on the first ballot?
Gosh, what they allowed you to do to the QB in those days was something to see. If you sacked the QB like that these days, you'd be ejected & fined heavily.

Great post, but how did this one become the official Tip appreciation thread?? I was on this on 7/30. Anyway. I'm glad Tip finally got in, it was a long time coming.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/showthread.php?t=89641

One of my all time favorite players. Congrats!!

I didn't see your thread when I started this one. It was on page 2.

So it makes it the double official thread and I merged it.:rocker:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference