PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Official Congrats and Andre Tippett appreciation thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The Official: Andre Tippett congrats and appreciation thread

Nobody around this place is going to want to hear this, of course, but there is one guy who should get a hefty dose of credit for Andre's induction - Ron Borges. Just sayin'.

I heard that too. He's pretty much the one that led the Tippett for HOF campaign.

As far as the ceremony goes, so far the Redskin inductees are getting the largest cheers, by far.

Andre's up first, so get ready.

Watching Kraft do this gives me goose bumps!!!

I heard that too. He's pretty much the one that led the Tippett for HOF campaign.

As far as the ceremony goes, so far the Redskin inductees are getting the largest cheers, by far.

And Tippett just thanked him early on in his speech.

Andre thanks Borges, calling him "the best."

I guess Borges earns some points today.

He's the Patriots delegate to the Selection Committee (and, by the way, probably will STILL be when names like Brady, et al. come up). Borges has brought up Tip's name every year of his eligibility - or so it goes. And Andre, as you heard in his speech, credits the guy.

BTW, did all you folks around here know that Tip's daughter is a cheerleader this year? Sitting in the front row with his family.

That was a great speech...a lot of motivation...what a really great representative of the team in so many ways!! I know...every player has a story to tell..and I will listen to all today..but his really touched me. Congrats to TIP!!!! What a total intimidating linebacker!!

He's the Patriots delegate to the Selection Committee (and, by the way, probably will STILL be when names like Brady, et al. come up). Borges has brought up Tip's name every year of his eligibility - or so it goes. And Andre, as you heard in his speech, credits the guy.

BTW, did all you folks around here know that Tip's daughter is a cheerleader this year? Sitting in the front row with his family.

Now that is a Patriots family.

http://www.patriots.com/cheerleaders/index.cfm?ac=photogallery_detail&f=26823&searchstring=asia b

Re: Tippett's time

I have met a few times as well and he was so nice. He gave an autograph and took a picture. Chatted a little bit about how proud he is to still be part of this team and he talked a little about how this team is so special and fun to watch and that we should enjoy it (paraphrasing).

I was so pumped when I heard the news of his induction.

I was pretty young while he was here as well. I was at the age when my father was begining to teach me the game and I can remember on defense he would tell me to just watch 56 and I would say watching him helped me fall in love with this game (that and the fact my dad had season tickets, his dad had them first and he was persuading me as well, and my older brother was always talking football, I was born into a football family and at the perfect time too. My first memories of football where the worst of times late 80s early 90s but from there on in it all got better and culminating with the frist title when I was 18 and yes I went to New Orleans (the perfect place for a freshman in college to celebrate a title) anyways I get off topic.)

Congrats Tip. Can't wait to see the ceremony this weekend. Get the season of redemption started with some long awaited redemption for Tippett who was long over due for this.

Tip is a class act all the way and he sure did give one heck of an articulate, passionate speech.

SBB, you learned from the best (and you seem to have a great family there as well).

By the way WCVB is having the Tippet induction on at 10......
Just finished listening to all of the speeches...LONG!! Green's was quite emotional...he lost his 2 buddies growing up...one in a car crash a few later coming back from college..a car he was also suppose to be in and his other from a suicide a year or so after. Monk's was also emotional and with a bit of religion. I did enjoy Zimmerman's take about linemen...added a bit of humor. 3 hrs of talk....

Congratulations to Andre Tippett. I just finished watching the Access Special about his induction into the Hall of Fame. What a player he was. He was a beast. We could use a linebacker of his caliber in our defense.
I'm so Happy for him!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing