PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The o-line, or lack there of...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Should we be worried about the O-line??

You need to talk to woolster22. The two of you can share your anxieties about the OL.

Not a bad idea. We could have a seminar on it.

according to the jets forums..we are completely screwed... :bricks:

According to the Jets forums Eric Smith is a beast. Now what does that say??

As long as Tom Brady is the Quarterback controlling the OL and Dante Scarnecchia is coaching them I have faith that the Patriots OL will be one of the lines in the NFL.

Last edited:
Please try keep your hatred for America to yourself ~ this isn't the venue for it.

*BTW: Nobody gives a rat's @$$ that that tripe was "Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2". :rolleyes:

You tell 'em brother OTG:rocker::americaflag:

I'm not worried about anything....This team is friggin' loaded........Let the games begin:yeahthat:

Surprisingly, many of the more rational Jets fans think the Pats will be fine and the one constant the Pats have had during the Brady era was a good line no matter who was plugged in there.

I am personally not worried yet. Talk to me on September 1st if Mankins and Vollmer don't look like they are being removed from PUP and Waters is still not reporting to camp.

There is plenty of veteran O-line help out there if the Pats really want to go that route:

Vernon Carey - He's a good guard and an underwhelming tackle.
Chad Clifton - Unless he's retiring, he could fill in at LT if needed.
Marcus McNeil - When healthy, he's very good.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised to see Waters in camp by the end of this week..

I am betting Waters shows up when camp ends after game 2. I also think Mankins and/or Vollmer will be removed from PUP around that time. The general consensus is that at least Mankins and Waters will be playing game #1.

I am betting Waters shows up when camp ends after game 2. I also think Mankins and/or Vollmer will be removed from PUP around that time. The general consensus is that at least Mankins and Waters will be playing game #1.

I'm also wondering if Waters is going to be gone for another 10+ days or so myself. As a matter of fact, that's the way I'm leaning, although I certainly have nothing to base this off of besides a hunch. I just think it's a bit early in TC for him to show up just yet.

As far as Mankins goes, you seem to have a decent feeling that he won't go on PUP this year. Is that just a hunch, or have their been some positive reports that you are basing this off of? I am figuring that it's likely 50/50 at best, but that's just going off a hunch with the NEP erring on the side of cautiousness.

so is this the first official Chicken "Ba-Bawk!!!" Little thread of the season???

so is this the first official Chicken "Ba-Bawk!!!" Little thread of the season???

With many more likely to come, Joker ;)

I don't see the offensive line as a "lack," certainly not at this point anyway.

There are question marks, but we're certainly in a much better position than most even then. Last I checked, I don't see teams like PIT and BAL having 5 solid starters either.

BB and Dante will get it done :rocker:

HUH? where did you hear that the general consensus was that Mankins would be playing Game #1? September would barely be 6 months since his knee surgery. I know he's tough and all, but he's not Wes Welker and he carries 100 more lbs. than Wes. I'd be very surprised to see Mankins back before November.

If he's back, great. But I think that is extremely wishful thinking by the Reporters.. And yes, this is coming from the guy who said that Welker would be back at the start of the season from his injury..

And the O line is down to 8. According to Reiss, Weems and Hix both dinged up at practice today.

McDonald and Dennis should be able to start practicing in Pads the next practice. That will help. But with Kopa, Hix, Vollmer out and Richard going on the IR with a concussion, they are thin at Tackle..

Wonder if they may call Mark LeVoir or Ryan O'Callaghan back?

I would definitely send LeVoir an invite to Foxborough for a workout/physical.
Otherwise, there are no FA OTs currently available in whom I have much interest. They are either
too fat, too old or too injured.
Jake Scott & Jason Brown are interior OLmen who do interest me, however, especially if Cannon
(who I fear is not ready to start a reg-season game at RT protecting Brady) continues to spend
most of his snaps at Tackle.

I don't think we should be worried, but it should be something to watch going forward. Brady has a quick release and is a good, fast decision maker. However, if there is any weakness to this offense, it has to be the OL right now, IMO. Those shiney, new toys won't count for much if Brady is constantly getting throttled in the backfield.

I am concerned, but not worried. After the first preseason game I might start to worry if Brady, Hoyer and Mallet are getting killed consistently. We have to remember that there are two starting OL on the PUP list.

And yes, this is coming from the guy who said that Welker would be back at the start of the season from his injury..

One of the guys, you mean. ;)

I am concerned, but not worried. After the first preseason game I might start to worry if Brady, Hoyer and Mallet are getting killed consistently. We have to remember that there are two starting OL on the PUP list.

In Dante We Trust ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft