PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.
PF 74 - well said, can't agree more.

I won't be watching Day one either......I may tune in halfway thru second round to see if BB bundled picks to move up into pick 50 area of Round 2 to select a player that fell who he would really like to draft.......I believe the Pats end of round 2 non compensatory pick and their round 3 pick would be enough to accomplish that.

Ive watched or listened to the draft since the late seventies, but the kommissioner has ruined that to by turning it into another money grab. So theres two reasons i won't be watching is that and as a protest against the travesty of framegate.

Last edited:
I'm admittedly more of a Patriots (and Boston) sports fan than NFL fan (have actually come around on CFB). The draft is pretty boring to me and I don't usually watch it unless I can time it to when NE picks so.... I'm on board.

I won't be watching the first round for the first time I can remember.........and I just turned 60 a few days ago...... Still seething we don't get our pick......

Lets set the record straight about Patriots fans living outside New England: I would wager a large sum that the VAST majority are either A. from new england area originally, or B. children of diehard pats fans who moved from new england. Im a Boston native living in NC for over 20 years. I can tell you that as much as a fan as i was when living in Beantown, Im MORE of a fan since moving. Bear in mind, i moved in 1991, when the Pats truly sucked. But when youre surrounded by fans of other teams(living on the coast theres no one dominant team-theres probably as many pats, steelers, jets, cowboys,giants, phins and skins fans as there are panthers fans here,) your fandom gets tested. My Boston pride runs deep-doesnt matter where i live, i could move to the moon, im still always a Pats fan. And not to slight you that still live in New England, but i think us ex-Patriated fans are truer fans than you. Why? because our mettle has been tested, and continues to be tested every day. We are like the special forces of Pats Nation, fighting behind enemy lines,lol. Vast majority of my family still lives in mass.,and i have 8 brothers and sisters each with 2-4 kids, and theyre all pats fans but theyll all acknowledge my fandom is superior to theirs. This is no knock to fans like manxman, but i think the most diehard of all pats fans do NOT live in New England-but are from there. Its easy being a fan of a perennial champ when everyone else around you is, but can get challenging when jets steelers and other assorted scum are in your face every day. Its like an old bluesman once said: "You gotta pay some dues if you wanna play the blues." Ive paid my dues. (this post is only HALF tongue in cheek.)
;)

Lets set the record straight about Patriots fans living outside New England: I would wager a large sum that the VAST majority are either A. from new england area originally, or B. children of diehard pats fans who moved from new england. Im a Boston native living in NC for over 20 years. I can tell you that as much as a fan as i was when living in Beantown, Im MORE of a fan since moving. Bear in mind, i moved in 1991, when the Pats truly sucked. But when youre surrounded by fans of other teams(living on the coast theres no one dominant team-theres probably as many pats, steelers, jets, cowboys,giants, phins and skins fans as there are panthers fans here,) your fandom gets tested. My Boston pride runs deep-doesnt matter where i live, i could move to the moon, im still always a Pats fan. And not to slight you that still live in New England, but i think us ex-Patriated fans are truer fans than you. Why? because our mettle has been tested, and continues to be tested every day. We are like the special forces of Pats Nation, fighting behind enemy lines,lol. Vast majority of my family still lives in mass.,and i have 8 brothers and sisters each with 2-4 kids, and theyre all pats fans but theyll all acknowledge my fandom is superior to theirs. This is no knock to fans like manxman, but i think the most diehard of all pats fans do NOT live in New England-but are from there. Its easy being a fan of a perennial champ when everyone else around you is, but can get challenging when jets steelers and other assorted scum are in your face every day. Its like an old bluesman once said: "You gotta pay some dues if you wanna play the blues." Ive paid my dues. (this post is only HALF tongue in cheek.)
;)
This Pats Fan in Exile in Manhattan agrees...with the serious part and the half tongue in cheek part... whichever part is which :)...

I've raised my kids as Patriots Fans in the heart of enemy territory...

I've endured the ongoing idiocy of beer-addled Jets fans and the indignity of listening to Giants fans honking the horns of their cars on the streets after SB's XLII and XLVI...

I've had it all feel worthwhile when I shouted to my son on the lawn in front of our Apartment Building as the snow was falling..."Patriots! Patriots!"...after Butler made his pick...

If you sit in my living room late at night, you can still hear the echo of my shout when Adam's kick cleared the uprights to win SB XXXVI...

I stood outside the Moynihan Courthouse last summer to cheer Brady and boo Goodell during the Berman hearings...

I take second seat to no Pats fan, even if I last lived full time in New England 25 years ago...

And...I will NOT be watching the first night of the Draft this year...

you are right in the belly of the beast. jets fans might be the worst. youre raisin' them kids right. and i will also NOT be watching first night of draft.

This Pats Fan in Exile in Manhattan agrees...with the serious part and the half tongue in cheek part... whichever part is which :)...

I've raised my kids as Patriots Fans in the heart of enemy territory...

I've endured the ongoing idiocy of beer-addled Jets fans and the indignity of listening to Giants fans honking the horns of their cars on the streets after SB's XLII and XLVI...

I've had it all feel worthwhile when I shouted to my son on the lawn in front of our Apartment Building as the snow was falling..."Patriots! Patriots!"...after Butler made his pick...

If you sit in my living room late at night, you can still hear the echo of my shout when Adam's kick cleared the uprights to win SB XXXVI...

I stood outside the Moynihan Courthouse last summer to cheer Brady and boo Goodell during the Berman hearings...

I take second seat to no Pats fan, even if I last lived full time in New England 25 years ago...

And...I will NOT be watching the first night of the Draft this year...
I can identify with this. I lived in Florida for the first 3 titles, and NYC for the last (and the two losses). That said the loudest celebrating I have ever heard in NYC (other maybe than when Bin Laden was killed) was on the Upper West Side when the Red Sox won in 2004 and when Italy won the World Cup and I was living in Queens. No joke about the Red Sox. Every bar was packed with Sox fans and when they won they emptied into the streets and people were high living and hugging complete strangers on Amsterdam Ave.

Fu#k the whole draft. I will check to see who all the Patriots picked once it's over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back