PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The NFL Draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

eagle eye

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Just coming on here to say that I've decided that I'm not going to watch the first round of the draft for the first time since I can't remember.

I just feel that the way the Patriots have been treated by the pos that is currently the Commissioner of the NFL is too much. I think we should all take a stand here and not tune into the first round and go all over social media outlets and let it be known.

The best way to get our own back on this fool is to put a slight halt to the money train. If we all don't watch it and tell all our Patriots fan friends to do the same then we could lower the viewing figures for the first round by a substantial amount I think.

VNfC750.gif

I was thinking the same thing. I'm 53, and I think I've watched the 1st round every year for at least 30 years in a row. Gonna take a pass this year, though the draft is a huge passion of mine.

P.S.- Loving those Dude memes

I will be in Paris this year so I would have missed it anyway, but I won't be recording the draft this year. I will check it with my smartphone after it's all over.

So you will miss when they trade with Denver...

I'll wait until round 2 and then say " They picked WHO ??? WTF !!

I don't understand how anyone could watch the first night of the NFL Draft this year and still call themselves a Patriots fan.

I love the draft and for years I've read numerous magazines & draft guides, listened to podcasts, watched NFL Network programs and the Combine to get prepared to spend the entire weekend watching the teams select players. But this year I've done none of that because of the unfair treatment leveled against the Patriots by the commissioner. Even though I love it I just can't watch. In addition I no longer watch anything on NFL Network and cancelled the video subscription I had on NFL.com.

I don't understand how anyone could watch the first night of the NFL Draft this year and still call themselves a Patriots fan.

I will be and I'll do so as a proud Patriots fan.

i dont watch any more. its just not interesting

I may have missed something but are you NOT boycotting the first round of the draft? Are you IN the NE area or some other state?

How does the Rutgers' safety senior class look this year?

Last edited:
I may have missed something but are you NOT boycotting the first round of the draft? Are you IN the NE area or some other state?

I'm in the UK. I am most certainly not boycotting it. I've spent a year 'studying' the draft and I enjoy it. I'm not interested in a boycott personally but it's fine for those who wish to do it.

I'm in the UK. I am most certainly not boycotting it. I've spent a year 'studying' the draft and I enjoy it. I'm not interested in a boycott personally but it's fine for those who wish to do it.
I guess we'll let you slide since you don't live in the New England states. :)
Though I hope you get arrested that day and won't get bailed out in time...J/K!
Yeah, we know all about how hard you work on studying the draft and it's prospects.

I definitely will not watch it. I just can't stand seeing and listening to the POS all night.

It's a free country and what you do in the privacy of your home is your own business, but I don't think the sentiment you express has a lot of support on this Board, from Ian, who is behind the Boycott movement, on down.

It's a free country and what you do in the privacy of your home is your own business, but I don't think the sentiment you express has a lot of support on this Board, from Ian, who is behind the Boycott movement, on down.

Like you said, it's a free country. I wish them well with their boycott.

I can't urinate wherever I want, so its not a free country

that said, I would never begrudge someone from watching the draft though I think reviewing it once picks are made even daily makes me think of this

one pick at a time:
6a00d8341c630a53ef01156efff4f6970c-800wi

whole draft:
Giant-Pile-of-Bacon.jpg

Since you live outside the US, you probably can't appreciate the degree of anger among us Patriots fans in this country (to whom, I note, you refer above as "them") at the fraudulent actions of the NFL.

Our boycott is a simple, if indeed symbolic, effort to express our rage that we fans feel at this.

I understand that you don't share this view, but I want you to understand that no one in Patriots nation would think that they could possibly be described as "a proud Patriots fan" while watching the first day of this year's draft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes