PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Next 2 Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
What makes you think that the Broncos are winning out? Based on last night, they are definitely vunerable for a loss. If either San Diego or Cincy can shut down the run, the Broncos can be in trouble. Manning had yet another mediocre game. He completed 50% of his passes and was awful in the second half. In fact, he was lucky not to be picked off.

If we can speak in definites that the Broncos are not going to lose another game, then the Pats have already locked up home field advantage because we can say the Pats are not going to lose another game.

Seriously, the Pats have blown out all the best teams in the AFC and the Broncos (in particular Manning) have struggled on the road for most of the season. Now people are saying the Pats are vunerable and the Broncos are a lock to win out. When both teams have two games against the same opponents (both face SD on the road and Bills at home) , both have a divsion game against a horrible team (Denver goes to Oakland and the Pats go to the Jets), and both have another game against a playoff contender (Pats at home in Miami and the Broncos on the road in Cincy).

What a difference a week makes. The Broncos have been struggling and the Pats have been blowing out top of the league opponents prior to Sunday and now the Broncos are a lock to win out and the Pats are likely to lose a game or two?

Why do you think it is questionable whether the Pats can beat San Diego in San Diego, but you guarantee the Broncos will go to San Diego and win?

They play SD W, Cincy W and it won't be close, Bills (haha W) and raiders (haha w)

They went INTO KC and won. They are a good team and showed it last night. People love to make the excuses...well if MIA had the CBs..well if KC showed up it would have been a game. They didn't....

Last edited:
They play SD W, Cincy W and it won't be close, Bills (haha W) and raiders (haha w)

They went INTO KC and won. They are a good team and showed it last night. People love to make the excuses...well if MIA had the CBs..well if KC showed up it would have been a game. They didn't....

I don't disagree, but you are missing the larger point that, if we can confidently say Denver is winning out despite facing three teams who are 7-5, 8-4 and 8-3-1, with two on the road, then there is no reason to think an even better NE team won't win out against worse competition.

I don't disagree, but you are missing the larger point that, if we can confidently say Denver is winning out despite facing three teams who are 7-5, 8-4 and 8-3-1, with two on the road, then there is no reason to think an even better NE team won't win out against worse competition.

I think the pats win out..not sure who said they have no shot at winning out...

I think the pats win out..not sure who said they have no shot at winning out...

I have no idea, but that's what has apparently gotten under Rob's craw, the idea that Denver is a lock to win out and NE has a tough slate.

I have no idea, but that's what has apparently gotten under Rob's craw, the idea that Denver is a lock to win out and NE has a tough slate.

Anytime you mention anything remotely good about denver he gets all fired up. Nothing new

Last edited:
No. Denver is winning out. So its a must we do if we dont want to go there in AFC chanp game. Beat SD and we shoukd be good with last 2 of 3 at home
I have great difficulty accepting the position that Denver won't win out but New England will and that New England won't have trouble in San Diego but Denver will.

The Pats went into Indy and won and you think the Pats are less likely to win out. What is your point?

KC is a good team that has no offense. If they had a QB who could have gotten into a shoot out with Manning last night, they probably win because Manning sucked last night. He completed 50% of his passes and completed one of his last 10 passes.

My point isn't to make excuses for why the Broncos won. My point is to point out they are a flawed team that are facing a similar schedule as the Pats and are far from a lock to win out. Right now their QB is a question mark. Hence why I think Fox is trying to take the ball out of his hands the last two weeks. This will work as long as CJ Anderson can get over 160 yards, but he faces a defense that can shut him down there is a question mark if Manning can win a shoot out at this point.

The Patriots prior to week have been destroying division winners and the Broncos were 2-2 over the previous four weeks with the only decisive wins against the Raiders going into yesterday. They both have a similar schedule going the rest of the way and you think there is no way the Broncos lose another game and the Pats could. It just doesn't make any sense.

I know you are naturally negative when it comes to the Patriots (If I remember correctly, you picked against them with Denver, Indy, and Detriot), but I just don't get your logic. Because the Broncos beat the Chiefs it negates that they barely beat the Dolphins at home and lost to the Rams and the Pats destroyed the Bengals, Broncos, Colts, and Lions?

They also went INTO STL and lost.

Yeah, that is what I don't get. The Broncos and, in particular Manning, has not played well on the road this year including him leading to a loss in St. Louis and all the sudden there is no way he could lose in San Diego or Cincy?

The ironic thing is I think the way to beat the Broncos right now is to stop the run and force Manning to air it out. He went 1-9 last night on his last ten passes. The last two games have been about the Broncos running the ball and Manning throwing in select situations. I think Fox knows that he has to limit Manning's passes to be effective at this point.

I know you are naturally negative when it comes to the Patriots (If I remember correctly, you picked against them with Denver, Indy, and Detriot)

I picked the pats vs denver indy AND detroit. Have no idea where you come up with this ****...

That is being soooo negative. I get it. I picked Denver to win vs KC last night and that makes me negative in your eyes. I won't lose sleep over it

i have said NUMEROUS times the pats will win out and should have no problem. Yet you completely ignore this

I picked the pats vs denver indy AND detroit. Have no idea where you come up with this ****...

That is being soooo negative

I apologize for that.

You apparently are just not paying attention to the Broncos.

That is being soooo negative. I get it. I picked Denver to win vs KC last night and that makes me negative in your eyes. I won't lose sleep over it

i have said NUMEROUS times the pats will win out and should have no problem. Yet you completely ignore this

Man, talk about putting words in my mouth... I don't even remember writing that.

By the time we meet the Bills they will be out of the playoff picture. So this should be business as usual, where the Bills resist a little bit in the first half and then fold trying to make sure that no one gets injured in the second half.

The Jets game might be Ryan's last big hurrah, so I expect him to throw everything he has got but after their performance yesterday against the Dolphins I just can't see them outscoring us. In fact, I have troubles seeing them scoring at all.

So, yes.. the Chargers and Miami game will most probably decide where our playoff journey is going.

Realistically, I think we have all we need to win out. But a couple of bad bounces, a injury here or there and all of it can change in an instant.

... So this should be business as usual, where the Bills resist a little bit in the first half and then fold trying to make sure that no one gets injured in the second half.

Lol, this might be inappropriate, but I could not stop laughing at that line. Couldn't get the image out of my head of a Bills team promiscuously in love with getting beat down by the Pats. A team that likes to pretend they don't want it for the sake of their own self-worth, when really we all know they can't resist it.

Lol, this might be inappropriate, but I could not stop laughing at that line. Couldn't get the image out of my head of a Bills team promiscuously in love with getting beat down by the Pats. A team that likes to pretend they don't want it for the sake of their own self-worth, when really we all know they can't resist it.

You just know they want it...

I have great difficulty accepting the position that Denver won't win out but New England will and that New England won't have trouble in San Diego but Denver will.

I agree mostly, but for NE to go into SD and win I think is easier than for Denver, if that can even be measured, I dont know.

The reason I think this is SD always plays Denver tough and it will be in SD, figure that NE wins this weekend, then SD needs to run the table on the last three games to get in the playoffs, without getting help from other teams. Local fans here in Denver are only worried about the SD game, they are already talking about it and regardless of the GB game I still think NE is a better team than Denver right now.

But I maintain that Denver and NE will most likely win out.

I expect the Patriots to lose to San Diego and have a tough time beating both the Dolphins and the Jets.
Don't worry yet about a Superbowl win. The Patriots may be playing for a Playoff spot against the Bills.
Best possible record 11-5?

Teams freeze when they see a manning led team except the patriots dont play scared of denver. SD might give them a game but Andy Dalton in primetime is a disaster waiting to happen.

Teams freeze when they see a manning led team except the patriots dont play scared of denver. SD might give them a game but Andy Dalton in primetime is a disaster waiting to happen.

Absolutely. But it's not like NE's opponents enjoy the comforts of Gillette all the much either. If the Pats take down SD, they have a real good shot at winning out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back