PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Negativity In This Town Sucks (And It Stinks)

Will the group running the team want to take the chance of trading down?

If they like JJ yes. That's the only possibility I see.
And then someone grabs him at #5 and you are left with Bo Nix as Drake Maye and JJ McCarthy become Stroud II and III.

We were in a rebuild. It failed. We are now in our second rebuild. This is what most of the rest of the league has to deal with. We just forgot that because we had two decades of greatness where when the Pats went into rebuild mode it meant the Pats were going to lose in the AFCCG.
If you dont have a decent QB, your effort to rebuild are pointless. The defense has been rebuilt, it was really bad 2 years ago. The offense hasn't.

The best QB next year will be Sanders. He would be at best the 4th best QB in this class and you’ll need to have 1.1 to get him.

To me this year is the year to take a QB.
Of course we need to take a QB this draft the question is who will be available, who do we take and do we trade down? Look at the 2021 draft, rd 1 QB class, only 1 of 5 is still a starter , only 2 of 5 are on the team that drafted them. It's a bit of a crap shoot it might unfortunately take a few tries. We're current on our second try!

The negativity is because everyone was hopping for us to be a legitime contender this year. The only way possible for that to happen is to hit gold with most of our picks, specially the QB. That's how every quick turnaround ever happened.

Emotions are running high, but realistic there's no way we are making the playoff this year, in our current scenario. Maybe there was a chance early in FA, but that's not where we are right now.

The only viable plan that I see, as we stand, is to draft our QB with our first pick, and red shirt him this year and work on their weaknesses. Then draft a true WR1 next year with our first pick and then we can contend in 2025. Almost like a mix of Chiefs and Bengals strategy, but like I said before we need to get those picks right.

Last edited:
The negativity is because everyone was hopping for us to be a legitime contender this year. The only way possible for that to happen is to hit gold with most of our picks, specially the QB. That's how every quick turnaround ever happened.

Emotions are running high, but realistic there's no way we are making the playoff this year, in our current scenario. Maybe there was a chance early in FA, but that's not where we are right now.

The only viable plan that I see, as we stand, is to draft our QB with our first pick, and red shirt him this year and work on their weaknesses. Then draft a true WR1 next year with our first pick and then we can contend in 2025. Almost like a mix of Chiefs and Bengals strategy, but like I said before we need to get those picks right.

Who in their right mind thought they were going to be a contender? And wtf were they basing that on?

Seriously. The lack of patience and perspective on this board is ridiculous. The Pats aren't going to be good next season. They probably won't be good the season after that. It's a long rebuild. I'm seeing threads "The worst situation in the NFL", "Weaponize the offense?!?!", "Bill vs The New Regime".

I think 20 years of being the best (or near the best) broke people's brains.

Yes, the Pats didn't overpay for mediocre talent. They haven't made any significant trades (yet). What do people not get about what's going on with that Pats? Even BB had a losing season his first year here because he was clearing out the mess of the Carroll years.

I almost hate posting this thread but, as Rick Pitino said all those years ago, the negativity does suck. It's getting ridiculous. Even for this message board and that's saying something. Christ, sports is supposed to be fun and bring people together.

Yeah and you can file this under "I don't care. I can't stand it". I know I'm going to catch flak for this thread or whatever but seriously, people need to get some perspective. The Draft is a month away and next season is probably not going to be great.

Simple question. Who posts the most dislikes on PatsFans? By far? Answer. The most negative poster. Who would that be?

It's all a risk.

The chances are best that they're all busts.

I’ve said it many times. Never, ever, draft a good prospect when picking high. Always wait until the ones you think can be great are gone, then take the ones you never believed in anyways. This is the only way to prevent disappointment. Same goes for life. Never take a great job, or go on a beautiful vacation, or ask a beautiful girl out, the risks are just too high. Just take tickets at a toll plaza, vacation at dumps, and go out with the girls you aren’t attracted to . It’s the recipe for a happy life.

Simple question. Who posts the most dislikes on PatsFans? By far? Answer. The most negative poster. Who would that be?

Definitely @Ian, that guy sucks.

And that was IAN, Not IVAN. Make sure you get that right ****heads. The V makes all the difference.

Last edited:
I’ve said it many times. Never, ever, draft a good prospect when picking high. Always wait until the ones you think can be great are gone, then take the ones you never believed in anyways. This is the only way to prevent disappointment. Same goes for life. Never take a great job, or go on a beautiful vacation, or ask a beautiful girl out, the risks are just too high. Just take tickets at a toll plaza, vacation at dumps, and go out with the girls you aren’t attracted to . It’s the recipe for a happy life.

Even if they draft a QB at 3, it's still a hand me down. Maybe whoever falls is their top choice, but likely they are just taking a chance on a leftover. If they get the best QB, it's two other team's mistake. Houston looks like geniuses, but Carolina could have taken Stroud, and then how good would the pick have been if the Texans selected Bryce Young after he fell to them?

So it's risk/luck.

As an aside, my vote is to eliminate the dislike selection.

It discourages conversation. There's no need for it within a forum.

Some of the time I'm not even sure what is disliked within the post.

Sorry for the post in this thread. Please dislike.

I agree, the disagree selection is pretty much the same and can keep the convo going.

In my opinion, it is a "weak in the knees" response by posters who prefer to hide. They are too scared to disagree in writing. PatsFans didn't used to be like that. We used to have fun open debates. Now it is all kumbaya or dislikes.

In my opinion, it is a "weak in the knees" response by posters who prefer to hide. They are too scared to disagree in writing. PatsFans didn't used to be like that. We used to have fun open debates. Now it is all kumbaya or dislikes.

Actually, this is thread related.

The negativity in this town does suck.

GET RID OF THE DISLIKE OPTION!

I don’t agree with how far off you think they are; as the defense is really good, and almost all of the old players are gone. But I think they have to make a lot of really good moves to get the offense up to the same level. I agree with you completely on fan reaction. Mayo made a mistake saying they were going to burn cash, he was new and exited, and probably hadn’t been able to look closely at the offensive free agency, cap increase, and tags available. I also think that NE is a hard sell this offseason, but that’s commonplace when you suck. Unfortunately the fan base wants instant everything, and clearly can’t handle taking the time and right approach to building a great team. Now the front office is just going to have to stay the course, tune the fans and media out, and not give in to those who want to make a **** deal with the Bears for their failed QB. However, as much as I oppose that deal right now, if the Patriots don’t believe Daniels or Maye are going to be franchise QB’s, and the Bears go to an actual reasonable return for Fields, which is a 4th or 5th round pick, then I would make that deal, bring Fields. in for a season, decline his option and take the 3rd round compensation for him the following year. Then trade out of 3 to the Vikings for 3 first round picks +. Their 2nd round pick, and take an OT at 11, unless McCarthy is there, then load up at WR OL while slipping T’Vondre Sweat into the mix.

Since they couldn’t get their franchise QB this year, I would then look at trading up to the top of the first round next year.
Wolf should be talking with the Vikings and Broncos to see just how desperate they are to move up and draft one of the QB’s. Although I could see Sean Payton drafting J.J. McCarthy.

Negativity is a way to relieve stress. Everyone's got stress on them. Young people worry about school, relationships, etc. Mid age people worry about kids, retirement, etc. Older people worry about health. Most everyone worries about money.

Being negative is a way to dump that stress onto someone/something else, and we're no different than anyone else in that regard.

Yep.

I always wonder why such people think greatness lasts forever.

Nothing lasts forever, especially something as fickle as success.

I read some interviews with Felger. He's living with his lovely wife and two daughters in Wellseley and laughing all the way to the bank. It's a bit! He channels his grumpy old man who was a Packers fan and was convinced every single move they made was wrong and that he could do better. People lap it up so he keeps making bank.

It doesn't matter in the short term because no matter who we pick people are going to :poop: all over the pick. No one will know who's any good for a year or two, yet they'll be sure there was this other guy who would have been a better pick.
I always laugh when people are *****ing about how negative Felger is. I ask them why do you think he is, because it’s what the Boston fans live for. He doesn’t believe most of what he says, I don’t know if he still says it but he used to say why would we let facts get in the way of a juicy story. He once said he learned from the best which he says was the Big O Glenn Ordway.

2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
Back