PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The more you think about it and see photos, it was a dirty hit..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pollard was not forced into anything on that entire play, he willingly put himself into every position he found himself in.

What are you a Lawyer, their playing football, Jack*ss....

What are you a Lawyer, their playing football, Jack*ss....

I'm the lawyer? You are the one avoiding the facts and ignoring evidence because it proves you wrong.

So it's ok to blitz, dive on the ground and then lunge at a QB's knees as he steps up? This is acceptable and SHOULD be tolerated, and even coached because it's a good play?

I'm the lawyer? You are the one avoiding the facts and ignoring evidence because it proves you wrong.

So it's ok to blitz, dive on the ground and then lunge at a QB's knees as he steps up? This is acceptable and SHOULD be tolerated, and even coached because it's a good play?

I'll let you take this grudge to the grave with you, just remember the best revenge is livin well, SB43;)

For all Patriot fans who think this was a dirty hit (which, I know, is not all of you), I submit the following theory:

I believe that if your memory of Sunday's game was somehow erased, and you were then shown footage of this play, but, (via some CGI/Industrial Light and Magic/Hollywood special effects trickery), all the the uniforms were perfectly reversed (Tom Brady being digitally altered to appear to be wearing a red "Croyle" jersey, Morris wearing an "L. Johnson" jersey, and Pollard wearing a "Wilfork" jersey), I submit that you would be passionately defending the hit, and claiming that it was not in any way dirty or illegal.

Therefore I conclude that you are arguing purely from a standpoint of, "I'm-a-Patriot-fan-therefore-the-other-team-must-always-be-wrong," as opposed to an objective, unbiased standpoint

So now I assume that my brilliant analysis will silence all who disagree with me and end all discussion of this subject once and for all. You're welcome. It's the least I could do.

This is such an OLD, WORN OUT, TIRED old act from a HATER's viewpoint I can no longer stand it. Every time a Patriots fan has an opinion its completely clouded because we're fans of our team? Rock solid, genius level thinking there. That's far too deep for a Pats fan to actually understand. Good god.

I'll let you take this grudge to the grave with you, just remember the best revenge is livin well, SB43;)

It's not a grudge, more of a pissed off plea to the NFL to do something about this. I'm not saying fine him, suspend him or anything I dont give a damn. The only thing the fine does is make a statement publicly that it was a bad play. They need to add a rule, fix the rules or something. Because a play like what Pollard did cannot continue to be legal if we care about the safety of the QBs and other defenseless players in his league.

One day you will visit the link in my sig and really watch the play. There's no place for recklessness like that in the NFL. You cant accidentally hit a QB in the head, it's a penalty no matter intent.

I remember when Harrison was put out for the season when he was "cut" on a tackle by a Titan and basically called him dirty and a woose for not manning up and tackling right.
That is the funniest things I've ever heard. Rodney is one of my favorites from his time with the Chargers. But dude did the exact same thing that Pollard did to Brady, only without someone blocking him, to Trent Green, in a Preseason Game. Put him out for the year. Didn't apologise, said it was a clean football play. For him to claim that is just a joke.

I don't think was dirty. And I didn't think Wilfork's hit was dirty either. If you think one was and the other wasn't then it's either because you're a Pats homer or a Pats hater. The guy got up and immediately tried to apologize to Brady, and he's been nothing but a class act since. To be honest, he's a mediocre player who will be remembered for this, and all the scumbag Steelers fans and others celebrating him for it kind of make me feel a little bad for him. I don't think anyone would want that kind of infamy.

does anyone have the ruling from the NFL? What reasoning did the NFL give for his punishment vs. what they said about Pollard.

I saw it properly for the first time last night and to be honest I not sure if it was dirty or not, but one things for certain and thats your not allowed to tackle a QB there and he did. He struck Brady right on the joint of the knee and IMO, just like Wilfork, he should be punished. Some consistancy is needed here.

I'd like to think it was just in the moment, trying to get to Brady rather than hurt him but I'm not stupid enough to fully believe thats the case either.

I don't think was dirty. And I didn't think Wilfork's hit was dirty either. If you think one was and the other wasn't then it's either because you're a Pats homer or a Pats hater. The guy got up and immediately tried to apologize to Brady, and he's been nothing but a class act since. To be honest, he's a mediocre player who will be remembered for this, and all the scumbag Steelers fans and others celebrating him for it kind of make me feel a little bad for him. I don't think anyone would want that kind of infamy.

If I go drive recklessly and hit someone, then apologize, is it ok?

Maybe he didn't mean to hurt Brady, but his play from the start was reckless and uncalled for (cutting Morris and then lunging).

I saw it properly for the first time last night and to be honest I not sure if it was dirty or not, but one things for certain and thats your not allowed to tackle a QB there and he did. He struck Brady right on the joint of the knee and IMO, just like Wilfork, he should be punished. Some consistancy is needed here.

I'd like to think it was just in the moment, trying to get to Brady rather than hurt him but I'm not stupid enough to fully believe thats the case either.
One thing that I think has fallen between the cracks is that of the ref..the one who did NOT throw the flag..it was his first game as a ref...Carl Cheffers..He's been a side judge for I believe 7 years after being in the Pac 10...but promoted to referee this year..THUS his first game.

One thing that I think has fallen between the cracks is that of the ref..the one who did NOT throw the flag..it was his first game as a ref...Carl Cheffers..He's been a side judge for I believe 7 years after being in the Pac 10...but promoted to referee this year..THUS his first game.

Exactly-where was the flag? They've thrown them for a lot less:rolleyes:
So if there's no flag there was no possibility of review either,I assume:confused:

How the hell was Wilfork's path to the QB last year any less "restricted" than Pollard's? Wilfork was pushed into Losman, Pollard had Morris on his back.

Wilfork hit Losman while falling down and trying to break his fall.

Pollard lunged from the ground helmet first into Brady's knee.

If what Wilkford did was against the rules, and apparently it was because he was fined, then what Pollard did is against the rules as well. Wilfork was restricted by a lineman pushing him, Pollard was restricted by Morris. What is the difference?

What does this rule only cover completely unblocked blitzers? Thats not how they enforced it against Wilfork.

So, wanted to resurrect this thread now that Wilfork's admitted he went after Losman's knees:

Wilfork started his meeting with Goodell admitting a hit to Buffalo Bills quarterback J.P. Losman last season was a cheap shot, but when the commissioner started to to review the alleged late hit on Cutler, Wilfork's wife handed the commissioner the new DVD.

You can see the whole article on the meeting here: ESPN - DVD from Vince Wilfork's wife Bianca saved New England Patriots defensive tackle from suspension

Anyone still think Wilfork was "just trying to break his fall"? :rolleyes:

So, wanted to resurrect this thread now that Wilfork's admitted he went after Losman's knees:

You can see the whole article on the meeting here: ESPN - DVD from Vince Wilfork's wife Bianca saved New England Patriots defensive tackle from suspension

Anyone still think Wilfork was "just trying to break his fall"? :rolleyes:

There's a whole other thread on this. Read the board before posting this crap.

The exact opposite of what you said happened, happened.

Jeez.

Very weak post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call