PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The more time that goes on, the more I have trouble rooting for Kraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, did Gronk publicly apologize for his mistakes like Kraft did? Pretty sure Kraft judged himself, but you seem to think it's unfair to agree with his own self-assessment. This thread isn't about whether or not Kraft was wrong - he has acknowledged that he was wrong. This is about whether or not his sins are forgivable in the eyes of fans.

By the way, that is one of the worst comparisons I've ever seen. Not exaggerating.

well.....considering the entire notion of 'rooting for an owner' is ridiculously stupid, there ya go

I could type an entire 3 page article about the mistakes Kraft has made over the years. Grier over Parcells. The threat to move to Connecticut. The hammered speeches. Giving a ring to Putin. Bizzare GF videos.

Even this episode, although his mistakes to me are percieved differently than some here though. Demanding an apology on the tarmac was taken as a personal affront by Goodell IMO. Then trusting that same vindictive egomaniacal jackhole to go light on Tom if he capitulated was a fool's errand. The loss of those picks was a foregone conclusion the moment he walked away from the microphone in Glendale IMO.

dude........you have to understand who you're arguing with

they think there's some absurd notion called 'the patriot way'.....or at least they used to.....they're the same ones that were critical of BB's drafting habits when they didn't like them (mostly through 20/20 hindsight, but whatev), they're the same ones who were critical of brady 1.5 years ago.......

fellowship of the miserable............they think they deserve something better

they think there's some absurd notion called 'the patriot way'.....or at least they used to.....they're the same ones that were critical of BB's drafting habits when they didn't like them (mostly through 20/20 hindsight, but whatev), they're the same ones who were critical of brady 1.5 years ago.......

$_1.JPG

Bottom line: For all the posturing and rhetoric you wish Kraft had done, the end result as it stands right now would be the same. Goodell would have squashed any appeal and we would still be out the first this and 4th next year. Goodells refusal to reduce Brady's suspension is enough evidence to convince any rational person that's how it would have went down.
You have absolutely no way of knowing that.
Goodell would have been facing one of his bosses, not the named plaintiff of an NFLPA lawsuit against his league.
Kraft, if smart, willing and energetic, would have had an incontrovertible case to present that would show the Wells report was a sham, and Kraft would have already presented this to his fellow owners.
Presenting an ironclad case to your partners and subordinate (Goodell works FOR Kraft and the other owners) is hardly a waste of time.

Maybe it would have made you feel better about it if Kraft had screamed to the heavens and hired an army of lawyers, but it would't have changed where things stand right now.
How I would feel is irrelevant. His CHANCE of changing the outcome would without any question be greater if he put the effort into appealing that I suggest than to quit.

Am I unhappy about how the season ended? Yes. Along with all the fans of the other 31 teams, although there are degrees. We did make it to the AFCCG after all. Spoiled as we are.
Well that's not the point. The point is if Kraft now gets a lifelong pass because what has come before you are saying fans should abdicate any ability to disagree with anything the Patriots do.
If they trade Brady and go 2-14 for the next 3 years, do you support the decisions because, if there wasn't Bob Kraft their wouldn't be patsfans.com?
This is the argument you are making. It is wrong to find fault in how he handled this because you like what he did overall. I do not agree.

That is correct. I would most likely NOT be a fan of the St. Louis Stallions.
So, you call other people traitors because they question the owners poor judgment but you would have quit on the team if it relocated. Interesting dichotomy.

I have no clue who you are referring to here, but there is not a single point you make that comes close to any attitude I have ever had.
You just cant get anything right in this thread, can you?

a few years ago, many of the same morons were critical of Gronk and his apparent lack of conviction.........it's a brutally pathetic sports attitude that the Boston area seems especially adept at creating.....they were so wrong to judge gronk then and they're equally wrong judging kraft now.......
Since you are quoting a post that was responding to me, I wonder who you are talking about.
Please find any comment I have ever made that is negative in any way about Gronk. On second thought don't waste your time, because it doesn't exist.

You seem to now be taking the approach that any comment every made by any person about anything belongs to the person you disagree with. Is your next comment going to be I hate Kraft because you heard some guy make anti-Semetic remarks once?

1.Brady had another avenue available that Kraft did not beyond the appeal process. He's the member of a union (the NFLPA). His rights as an employee gave him the right to seek a legal avenue to combat this injustice. There is no owners union. That and the fact he would in essence be suing an employee.

2. Public opinion? Kraft didn't need to make a statement for most rational minds to begin to conclude this entire episode is a farce. Brady winning in Federal Court was a resounding slap in der commissioners face. "Winning" in the court of public opinion is a misguided folly and does nothing to bring draft picks back.

You seriously believe that? Public opinion? Human level? Reputation? Have you ever read the comments section of PFT, ESPN or NFL? Like even before #Framegate?

Bottom line;): Changing hearts and minds is a ridiculously fruitless endevour. As far as admitting mistakes, didn't Kraft quite clearly state his mistake was putting faith in the "league" (i.e Roger)?

The more fundamental issue, that you seem to ignore, is Kraft's damn hypocrisy. Over the years he has called Brady family over and over again and yet when his "family" was wrongly attacked by the ****ing league and the damn media all he did was bow down before those people by accepting the punishment.

Yes, people are upset about losing the draft pick but what I am more upset about is that our owner has devolved into some kind of caricature of an old greedy billionaire. He even has the girl toy that is younger than any of his children. If he wants to be taken seriously then he should have fought that losing battle to clearly show his allegiance to what he calls his "family" over his 31 other "business colleagues". But despite all the nice **** that he keeps on saying in the end he still sided with the money.

Just to emphasize it, he protected his business relationship over what he calls family. That's what makes me think he is a crappy human being.

Since you are quoting a post that was responding to me, I wonder who you are talking about.
Please find any comment I have ever made that is negative in any way about Gronk. On second thought don't waste your time, because it doesn't exist.

You seem to now be taking the approach that any comment every made by any person about anything belongs to the person you disagree with. Is your next comment going to be I hate Kraft because you heard some guy make anti-Semetic remarks once?

how many degrees of separation does it take bat-boy?

I was talking to someone else, so go back to your corner and continue your pouting

If you can't stand him then man up and stand behind your principles and go root for someone else. I'm sure the Jets would love to gain some Benedict Arnold turncoats.

"OhExaulted1"
, Ladies & Gentlemen!!
icon_lol.gif

That is correct. I would most likely NOT be a fan of the St. Louis Stallions.
True but to be fair, a market the size of Boston would not be without a franchise long.. Suppose the Patriots had moved , you would have seen one of the relocating franchises moving here or negotiating to do so....

True but to be fair, a market the size of Boston would not be without a franchise long.. Suppose the Patriots had moved , you would have seen one of the relocating franchises moving here or negotiating to do so....
One whose owner would build a stadium w/o taxpayer funding (minus infrastructure) and not burden fans with PSLs, as Kraft did? Not so sure about that...

So, you call other people traitors because they question the owners poor judgment but you would have quit on the team if it relocated. Interesting dichotomy.
Yes. I would have quit on this franchise if they had moved and been renamed the "Stallions". No offense to what I'm sure are some lovely people in the great city of St. Louis but........f**k St. Louis.

I'm betting there aren't alot of Baltimore Oriole fans in St. Louis even though the Browns moved there and renamed the team. Do you see a lot of Carolina Hurricaine jerseys around Hartford? I'm thinking not so much.

The traitor suggestion might have been a little rich, I admit. But I still maintain the opinion there's an awful lot of silver spoon fed brats who have been spoiled by this teams success and don't appreciate where it came from and where it's at now nor who's responsible.

That is most likely what would have happened. Ugh, just the thought of the teams that moved in that time span. Can you imagine having to root for the New England/Boston Rams, Oilers or Browns? :eek:

I shudder at the mere thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe