PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The lousy corner thread (Wilhite & Bodden) merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Lousy Corners

What was embarrassing was seeing our corner, not sure who it was, falling down trying to keep up with their reciever. I mean, yeah great effort, but man..

Wilheight. lol

Wilhite is a combination of Duane Starks and Ellis Hobbs reincarnated. And why does BB continue to put this guy on the oppositions best WR? What an insult to the opposition

Last edited:

It was only Wilhite who got blown up. If not for him, we have a tie game. He blew the pickup when Meriweather faked man and went in for the blitz. Also got torched for that deep TD and also a bad tackle, so you could say he was responsible for at least 2.5 TD's.

Wilhite is a combination of Duane Starks and Ellis Hobbs reincarnated. And why does BB continue to put this guy on the oppositions best WR? What an insult to the opposition

Yea..I felt Bodden would have been better on Colston.

the corner's are just not thet good i can see brees and manning lighting them up

but come on guy's they got burned by kyle orton this year they are not very good

no part of this D is very good

I think the lack of a DL makes our secondary look worse than it really is, especially in games like tonight. Look at the Saints, our secondary is definitely better than theirs but since their front 4 got constant pressure on Brady their secondary looked far superior to ours.

What was embarrassing was seeing our corner, not sure who it was, falling down trying to keep up with their reciever. I mean, yeah great effort, but man..

it was Whilite who did what

btw I thought Butler was inactive?

Look at the Saints, our secondary is definitely better than theirs but since their front 4 got constant pressure on Brady their secondary looked far superior to ours.

Can't say I agree with that. Many times Brady had plenty of time, just the receivers were covered good.

Can't say I agree with that. Many times Brady had plenty of time, just the receivers were covered good.

You're wrong. The Saints got constant pressure on Brady and he was more worried about moving around the pocket and avoiding a sack than being able to find open WRs downfield.

It was Brady buying that "plenty of time". He was under pressure a lottttt..

What it was was that Welker wasn't able to get free. Welker gets free, no one is talking about pressure on Brady.

I just wanted to add another thing, their front seven can't stop the run.

What it was was that Welker wasn't able to get free. Welker gets free, no one is talking about pressure on Brady.

Welker had 6 catches, 6 catches isnt too bad. Welker wasnt as dominant as usual because the Saints werent letting him get any YAC. The tackled him immediately after he caught the ball.

Their DL dominated our OL tonight, no question about that

I think the lack of a DL makes our secondary look worse than it really is, especially in games like tonight. Look at the Saints, our secondary is definitely better than theirs but since their front 4 got constant pressure on Brady their secondary looked far superior to ours.

The pressure in the 3-4 needs to come from the LB's which aren't up to the task other than Banta-Cain. I honestly can't remember the last time the Pats tried blitzing Guyton or Mayo, seems like that was something they did a lot more of back a few years ago

The pressure in the 3-4 needs to come from the LB's which aren't up to the task other than Banta-Cain. I honestly can't remember the last time the Pats tried blitzing Guyton or Mayo, seems like that was something they did a lot more of back a few years ago

You need to get pressure on the QB with your DL to be successful in this league. The Saints got pressure on Brady with only rushing 3 sometimes. The Pats really need a dominate pass rushing D tackle/end

Welker had 6 catches, 6 catches isnt too bad. Welker wasnt as dominant as usual because the Saints werent letting him get any YAC. The tackled him immediately after he caught the ball.

Their DL dominated our OL tonight, no question about that

Again, reception totals are great if they lead to yards and scores... but Welker didn't go anywhere. Only getting 32 yards on 6 receptions is terrible. The linebackers and safeties did a great job covering him.

Wilhite keeps giving up big passes. His coverage is fine but he just can't make a deflection or break up the pass. He is usually step for step with the WR but he just cant make a play.

Then he gets burned every now and then, but with terrible pass rush... what do you expect?

double post sorry

Last edited:

What I wouldn't give for Revis right now.....

It was only Wilhite who got blown up. If not for him, we have a tie game. He blew the pickup when Meriweather faked man and went in for the blitz. Also got torched for that deep TD and also a bad tackle, so you could say he was responsible for at least 2.5 TD's.

Actually, it was Wilhite who came on the Corner Blitz that sprang Henderson free for the 75 yard TD. I don't know if Wilhite wasn't supposed to Blitz or if Meriweather was supposed to pick Henderson up. Either way, Meriweather, as the coverage caller, is to blame for that.

As for the 38 yard TD that Wilhite got beat on, that was just a phenomenal pass by Brees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News