PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The lousy corner thread (Wilhite & Bodden) merged

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: The lousy corner thread ( Wilhite & Bodden0 merged

everyone in the secondary turned into Deltha O'neal tonight.

Oneal would put up a good fight with WilHite!!

I say it every week..watch the back of Wilhites jersey...keep watching, you'll see his jersey as he gets spun around and WAXED again and again.
I think Wilhite sux, he gets beat constantly, but he's not the only guy on that D that sux

You Sir were correct

He's the new Hobbs.

It's not the DBs. It's lack of pass rush.

Bodden did fine. This is Brees we are talking about. Wilhite is a #3 CB

Wilhite suffers from the same problem Hobbs did: both are better suited to be covering the slot in a nickel defense. They can cover mediocre WR's but leave them alone against a good WR and they look totally overmatched.

Wilhite isn't anywhere near as bad as people think, but IMO he is not being used in a way to maximize his ability. I have to think that Butler, if healthy, will be starting for the rest of the way. Too bad Wheatley has been a total turd sandwich.

I wish this had to do with sheep instead of Goats then i could call him Woollite.

Wheatley..what a waste of a draft pick that clown was.....

Wilhite suffers from the same problem Hobbs did: both are better suited to be covering the slot in a nickel defense. They can cover mediocre WR's but leave them alone against a good WR and they look totally overmatched.

Wilhite isn't anywhere near as bad as people think, but IMO he is not being used in a way to maximize his ability. I have to think that Butler, if healthy, will be starting for the rest of the way. Too bad Wheatley has been a total turd sandwich.

We are just being optimistic with Butler but i don't see him being as nice as Asante was. I think he'll just be a decent starting corner. I really haven't seen enough consistency in his play.

Oneal would put up a good fight with WilHite!!

I say it every week..watch the back of Wilhites jersey...keep watching, you'll see his jersey as he gets spun around and WAXED again and again.
I think Wilhite sux, he gets beat constantly, but he's not the only guy on that D that sux

Remember Lewis Sanders? He played well for us.

Lousy corners

Bodden and Wilhite.

They never look back at the QB to see where the ball is unless its Mark "pick 6" Sanchez.

Re: Lousy Corners

Bodden has actually been playing very well all season and has made a lot of key plays/stops for the team so far.

Bodden had a rough night but he has been solid for most of the year. Whilite looked awful (to be fair he's only a second year CB and is going to get picked on by Manning and Brees). I'd rather see Butler out there or for the love of god Springs.

Bodden was fine. We played Brees. He can't cover speedy recievers and the coaching staff should know that. He was like 10yrds away from his man..

I think our corners play way too soft and give the WRs too big of a cushion and Brees exploided that tonight

I think our corners play way too soft and give the WRs too big of a cushion and Brees exploided that tonight

Cos Bodden lacks the speed to make up if the WR goes deep. I noticed WIlhite play closer to his man.

I'm not a big fan of Bodden. He never looks back at the QB, and he just isn't that good in general. Almost every WR that has lined up vs him has gotten separation from him. Sanchez basically put the ball in his hands 3 times, he didn't do anything outstanding. I still believe we have two good CB's in Wilhite and Butler, but it will take them time to develop. I don't want to re-sign Bodden, I'd rather find someone else.

The lousy pass rush also makes the corners look worse. A good push up front would make it easier for Wilhite, Butler, and Bodden. Unfortunately we do not seem to like to get after the QB and are asking our CB's to cover guys for a long period of time. Wilhite didn't have a good night tonight, but neither did the safeties. Meriweather was invisible. Wilhite has been pretty solid IMO. He's kind of been how Vontae Davis was vs Moss when he went against Wayne and Cotchery, but got chewed today a few times. I think he and Butler will be very good down the line, but I'm not a fan of Bodden at all.

Bodden does, Wilhite doesn't. Bodden "almost" cut a few "in"-routes off in tonights game. Wilhite has no ball skills and despite appearing to be in good position. There's a reason he gets targeted in crucial times in the game... he's an incomplete corner. Poor route recogition, no anticipation, doesn't play the ball - plays the receiver, and no ball skills to speak of - he's usually with the receiver, but that and a quarter won't buy you a phone call.

Between the two, I want to keep Bodden. You can't teach ball skills. Bodden is years ahead of him in so many areas.

What was embarrassing was seeing our corner, not sure who it was, falling down trying to keep up with their reciever. I mean, yeah great effort, but man..

I'm not a big fan of Bodden. He never looks back at the QB, and he just isn't that good in general. Almost every WR that has lined up vs him has gotten separation from him. Sanchez basically put the ball in his hands 3 times, he didn't do anything outstanding. I still believe we have two good CB's in Wilhite and Butler, but it will take them time to develop. I don't want to re-sign Bodden, I'd rather find someone else.

The lousy pass rush also makes the corners look worse. A good push up front would make it easier for Wilhite, Butler, and Bodden. Unfortunately we do not seem to like to get after the QB and are asking our CB's to cover guys for a long period of time. Wilhite didn't have a good night tonight, but neither did the safeties. Meriweather was invisible. Wilhite has been pretty solid IMO. He's kind of been how Vontae Davis was vs Moss when he went against Wayne and Cotchery, but got chewed today a few times. I think he and Butler will be very good down the line, but I'm not a fan of Bodden at all.

You have a point...Pass rush would help. Wilhite is always i position but just doesn't make a play on the ball or he is a step behind...We need PASS RUSH QUICK!!!! We should go all out with the draft even if it involves using our #1's from 2011..I don't care. Hit or miss...We can't field this team next year. We need elite rookies at DE and OLB because anything else would be no better than Green and Burgess/AD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back