PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The League Sucks, and is injured. Does that bother anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't quite understand if you were talking about this year specifically or more general, I think a bit of both, anyway, this year the level of suckage is through the roof (especially the AFC) to the point I see almost an obligation for the Pats to make to the SB.

LOL! This one made me really crack up! The AFC is so bad we have an "obligation" to not allow one of these god awful teams into the Super Bowl. It's almost like when we get to the SB we need to sigh in relief that no sack of you know what team is in there. League is so bad too that with the Bengals and Pats not playing each other is at least possible though extremely unlikely they both go 16-0. That would be pathetic and embarrassing.

It reminds me of how when your team wins enough Super Bowls or titles, the additional ones become partly about "denying" other teams and their fans of rings. Enemy Fan Satisfaction Denial is the goal.

Seriously though I kept looking for good games to watch, and it seems like the games are blowouts, meltdowns more credited to one team failing, or just attrocious QB play unless its Brady or Rodgers. Seattle now playing sucky... NFC East weirdness..

(One clarification to my OP. I actually feel like Grogan's Pats in 70's and 80's were pretty good and had lots of great players and a few good years. In fact the couple years we "sucked" or "choked" it was very disappointing to me, like we "underachieving" especially when they started 7-2 in 1980 and ended up 10-6 and missed the playoffs. I legit loved that team. (I was kind of young for the 76 team so that for me is mostly my dad telling me were awesome, would have won the SB, were the only team to beat Oakland all year, and we got robbed in the playoffs. I just don't remember any of that one in real time.)

The greatest falloff are good quarterbacks and good coaching, many times I turn on a TV and start yelling about clock management, play calling, defensive schemes.. there are very few games I can watch on TV other than the Pats..

Instead of expansion, perhaps they should spend some time discussing contraction.. a lot of teams really suck, and have owners who are content with the cash flow and not the product on the field.

True, and several of the better QBs are out with injury. Contraction would be a good idea.

Colleges aren't really developing as many NFL type players as they used to. That's a big part of the problem. It's glaringly obvious at QB, but we see it at other positions, too.
I think it's really just that the nfl has been using college as a minor league system but it doesn't work well when you don't have any control over how players develop

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes