PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The last off season hurrah...3 day mini camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Film yes. Playbook...Bill didn't let them take it home. It is being revised by the coaches based on what they saw in OTA's.

As for the teacher comment, I think that is spot on. Josh is more of a QB guru than BoB was or even Charlie was. He may really help Mallett develop if he has it in him. He was taping every snap in OTA's and seen working on the side with Mallett alone and with he and Hoyer in OTA's. Of course Bob seemingly had more struggling WR's to work with while Josh seems to have some luxury in that respect this season.

Maybe it wasn't emphasized in the past, but I don't recall any specific mentions of players not being able to take their playbooks home before.

That is a positive in that any good coaching staff bases their system around the available system, and it is exciting to me that the Pats think with the players they have added, a re-working of the playbook is required.

It may be getting more than just a minor tweak.

I am also very enthused when hearing about the extra work Josh is spending with Mallett, and equally enthused in that he seems coachable and willing to make the changes needed to improve.

Good stuff!

Last edited:
Jeff Howe suggests that last week's mini camp was run more like a 2 day training camp stint:

Brady said Belichick really challenged the players to see how much they could retain from week to week, and the coach threw a lot of information at them along the way. Plus, Belichick led practices as if they were in training camp or the regular season, pushing them from situation to situation, whether they bounced from red-zone work to the two-minute offense or plus-50 work to being backed up against your own end zone. The intent is to keep players mentally ready to handle any situation, as the pace of a game can change quickly and unpredictably. With the information overload and the hard coaching at practice, Belichick kept the pedal on the floor. Therefore, it was an obvious sign that he was happy with their progress this spring when he sent them home early Thursday.

BostonHerald.com - Blogs: The Blitz» Blog Archive » Bill Belichick intensifies practice pace, rewards players after favorable showing

Looking at Brady's remarks and BB giving the team the cancelled present. I wonder if Brady and BB now have a relationship like Red Auerbach and Bill Russell had. Red would conspire with Russell to manipulate the other players to help the team reach it's goals. Red realized of course who and what B Russell was. I wonder if BB is using Brady's intense desire in a similar fashion to keep the team on the right track?

Looking at Brady's remarks and BB giving the team the cancelled present. I wonder if Brady and BB now have a relationship like Red Auerbach and Bill Russell had. Red would conspire with Russell to manipulate the other players to help the team reach it's goals. Red realized of course who and what B Russell was. I wonder if BB is using Brady's intense desire in a similar fashion to keep the team on the right track?

As long as Brady ends up with 11 rings like Russell, that works for me.

What's up with all the "leg" injuries? They must be playing on turf...maybe some of the bad old green asphalt...

The number of injuries was pretty bad; it make me sick to see all these guy train all off season and then go down because that nasty turf they use in the mini camp. They should have had the camp on grass or at least FieldTurf....

It would have been a great camp except for the injuries....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back