PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets suck (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if anyone has already pointed this out...but this is the greatest thread in Patsfans history. It has 2919 replies and counting making it #1. Second place is a 2009 Pats-Saints game thread as a locked thread it has no chance of gaining on this thread.

This thread is however not the most viewed thread. With 63,481 views (and climbing) it is in third place. A Moss to Vikings thread has 72,770 views. And the RIP Hill thread has 64,344. I expect this thread will pass both by the end of the season.

Who knew that a thread arguing such a clear and indisputable point of view could generate so much interest?

:rocker:

Maybe MIT will add "Jets Suck" as another universal constant...immutable...unchanging...inexorable...perhaps proof of a "green hole" where all suckiness is sucked in on itself.

The inability of Jets fans to understand their place in NFL history and to approach things with the humility a loser's fan base should have is just one more reason that the Jets suck:
They draw a pathetic fan base.

This is simply not true. Once upon a time, your franchise was Charlie Brown too. Now that you've become Lucy, I imagine it's hard to remember the "good grief" years. If The Jets went on a tear like the Pats did, I'd try and forget too. Until that happens, until they win, we keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, for Lucy to pull that damn football away even though we're sure we're gonna kick it this time. Some idiots might come on here chests out, talking smack, but they're new, and just don't get it. Someday we'll win, and I hope we act better than the rest of the country expects us to. We're not all NY/NJ trash, just like you're not all M*******s. Some are, and those are the ones that stick out, but most aren't.

This is simply not true. Once upon a time, your franchise was Charlie Brown too. Now that you've become Lucy, I imagine it's hard to remember the "good grief" years. If The Jets went on a tear like the Pats did, I'd try and forget too. Until that happens, until they win, we keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, for Lucy to pull that damn football away even though we're sure we're gonna kick it this time. Some idiots might come on here chests out, talking smack, but they're new, and just don't get it. Someday we'll win, and I hope we act better than the rest of the country expects us to. We're not all NY/NJ trash, just like you're not all M*******s. Some are, and those are the ones that stick out, but most aren't.

The handful of decent Jets fans are vastly outnumbered by the rest of that twisted fan base. It's the worst in the league. Even Philly fans aren't as bad.

The handful of decent Jets fans are vastly outnumbered by the rest of that twisted fan base. It's the worst in the league. Even Philly fans aren't as bad.

I agree with this. What strikes me most about Green Beans fans is their abject immaturity. They're not jaded and mean-spirited bitter like Eagles fans, for example -- just EXTREMELY childish. I'm not sure where that comes from, but I've seen it firsthand on multiple occasions. Even the old guy I sat next to at the Meadowlands during the first Pats-Beans meeting back in September acted like a 12-year-old. And he had to be at least 65.

I agree with this. What strikes me most about Green Beans fans is their abject immaturity. They're not jaded and mean-spirited bitter like Eagles fans, for example -- just EXTREMELY childish. I'm not sure where that comes from, but I've seen it firsthand on multiple occasions. Even the old guy I sat next to at the Meadowlands during the first Pats-Beans meeting back in September acted like a 12-year-old. And he had to be at least 65.

Tune,
look at the accomplishments of the green beans over the past 40 years.

NOTHING....(except squeaking into the playoffs last year because of the colts)

Of course their fans will act childish. Most of them were children when the team actually accomplished something.

GO PATS

Every fan base and every board has there dumbasses. Jets and Patriots are no different. Hell you have almost a 300 page thread on how much you hate the Jets, that is just laughable. Jets fans might seem bad but thats just because we have gone through more then the bandwagon Pats fans have. Jets fans have been fans for life they arent ex Steelers and Cowboys fans who decided to turn back to their home city when they started winning.

Every fan base and every board has there dumbasses. Jets and Patriots are no different.

The dumbass content in the Jets fan base is like Ivory Soap. It's 99 44/100% pure.

Hell you have almost a 300 page thread on how much you hate the Jets, that is just laughable.

No, it's a 300 page thread on how the Jets suck. Also, it's supposed to be laughable. That's the intent.

Jets fans might seem bad but thats just because we have gone through more then the bandwagon Pats fans have. Jets fans have been fans for life they arent ex Steelers and Cowboys fans who decided to turn back to their home city when they started winning.

Jets fans are Jets fans for life because no other team wants them. It has nothing to do with bandwagons, or the Steelers and Cowboys, or any of that nonsense. The Giants pull their fan base from the same area as the Jets, and that fan base despises Jets fans, too.

The American Psychiatric association should declare Jets fandom a mental disease, or at least study it as a significant disorder.

Last edited:
Little known fact: One of the deciding factors in naming the franchise the JETS was that market research indicated that their fan base had trouble recognizing words that exceeded 4 letters.

Last edited:
I went to the Jets-Pats game earlier this year at the new Meadlowlands (my gilfriend's father is a big jets fan). Even he is embarrassed by most jets fans, and has admitted it to me on numerous occasions. While I was at the game, apparently one patriots fan forgot to take his hat off during the national anthem. people started yelling at him and he got defensive. For the rest of the game when the jets would make a play two whole sections of the stadium would turn point at him and chant ahole to him. This lasted the whole game. Meanwhile there was a 50 year old man in the row in front of us stewing the whole game walking up and down the aisle screaming how much he wanted "to kill the guy" and would then just scream. Meanwhile the girl next to me was with her boyfriend and tried to convince me that it was a personal affront to her brother in afganistan. I told her that I understood how she felt but I don't think it was an anti-american or political statement and couldn't be read into. At the end of the game she had riled up her boyfriend so much that he went the section over to "talk to him." at this point he came from behind him and tried to grab his hat off his head, the pats fan swung around and he punched the pats fan in the nose, breaking his nose. meanwhile all the fans around me (except my gf's dad and one other girl a couple rows in front of me) said that he got what he deserved and he shouldn't come to the game if he he doesn't want to be patriotic. I was disgusted by the actions and mob mentality of most of the fans at this game. It ruined the one time a year i get to go to patriots games since i now live in NYC.

(on a random side note. There was a woman in front of me that kept trying to slap me five when the jets did something good, kinda baiting me. when i was getting kinda annoyed, she tried to offer me sugar cookies...)

Just my experience. Though I will say there were so really nice and cool Jets fans there among the mob.

NFL.com Blogs Blog Archive Week 12 power rankings: Falcons ascending
1.) Saints — Survived short week on road; still banking on them to peak when it counts.

2.) Patriots — The ability to simply pull away from people in the fourth quarter is special.

3.) Falcons – Another superb effort against a top opponent. If they hold on to top seed could be quite a playoff run.

4.) Chargers — They own Nov./Dec. … but better get something done in January.

5.) Jets — Can’t help but wonder if their good fortune turns at some point.

6.) Ravens — Ugly but effective win. Joe Flacco has been very good. If they sweep Steelers will win the division.

7.) Packers – Tough, tough assignment on road and came awful close.

8.) Steelers — Big Ben looking banged up. Got pushed around by the Bills at times.

9.) Bears — I may have totally whiffed on this team. Didn’t think they’d overcome the play of the offensive line. Still not convinced they get in playoffs.

10.) Eagles — Asante Samuel is a very good corner, but come on. They utterly fall apart in the secondary without him?

That's impossible. Jets fans don't have a life.
"Whoever this Jets fan is, he's played World of Warcraft nearly every hour of every day for the past two years. Gentlemen, we are dealing with someone here who has absolutely no life."

There are no real Pats fans, never have been. We are cheaters, Fans and Players. Ahh it's a wonderful life... not giving a flying S*#@ what a low life Jest fan thinks. It's good to be alive. I'm gonna love Tues morn.:rocker:

Little known fact: One of the deciding factors in naming the franchise the JETS was that market research indicated that their fan base had trouble recognizing words that exceeded 4 letters.

They named them "Jets" because prospective fans couldn't spell "Airplanes" or "Green Beans." They're so proud of the fact they can actually spell something (anything), they shout it in unison and actually spell it out one letter at a time at home games. It makes them feel smarter than they really are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe