PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets suck (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
:confused:

Of course I picked the time period when they were very good. If I'm talking about periods of excellence, it doesn't make much sense to go looking for 1-15.

Again, the Bills and Dolphins have had those periods of excellence. Claiming otherwise doesn't make that untrue, and it doesn't do us credit as fans.

Freakin hilarious!

At least they got to the AFC championship.

Belichick completely lost it and we definetly need another receiver as a support for Welker cause Moss is too lazy.

Do we seriously need to cheat?:ugh:

Last edited:
Even the Jets trolls are pathetic.

At least they got to the AFC championship.

Belichick completely lost it and we definetly need another receiver as a support for Welker cause Moss is too lazy.

Do we seriously need to cheat?:ugh:

Do you seriously need to masquerade here as a Patriots fan?

I don't deny any of that...but I was going season by to season. They string together a few great years then have a couple of losing or .500 or barely above average years then intermingle making the playoffs and missing out. They haven't been able to string together a run of longer than five years without falling off for a couple of years before going back up. Happened after their run in the early 70s and happened after their run in the early 80s and is happening now after their run in the late 90s.

Nobody can deny them amassing a large number of wins making them one of the best overall winning franchises...

Cherry picked the time period when then were very good...but what happened after that run?

Oh yes, a string of four consecutive non-playoff seasons each either .500 or below. After that? Make it in '90, out in '91. Make it in '92, out in '93. Make it in '94 and '95, out in '96. Run starts in '97 ends in '01. They '02-'07, make it in '08, then out again '09. Off and on since that run in '85

So once that run up to '85 ended they were out of the playoffs ten years and watching the playoffs 14 years.

What did Buffalo do in the 20 years between the demise of their '60s powerhouse and the rise of their '90s powerhouse? Three playoff years and 10 losing seasons. What have they done since then? They missed the playoffs 10 consecutive seasons with only one of those seasons getting above .500

The point being addressed here is not a claim that these teams have had success every year of their existence, which seems to be where you put thebar.
It is 'periods of sustained success'. 16 years is sustained.
In fact, it was brought up in comparision with the Jets.
Please direct me to the 'sustained success' of the Jets that exceeds this.

Cherry picked the time period when then were very good...but what happened after that run?

Oh yes, a string of four consecutive non-playoff seasons each either .500 or below. After that? Make it in '90, out in '91. Make it in '92, out in '93. Make it in '94 and '95, out in '96. Run starts in '97 ends in '01. They '02-'07, make it in '08, then out again '09. Off and on since that run in '85

So once that run up to '85 ended they were out of the playoffs ten years and watching the playoffs 14 years.

What did Buffalo do in the 20 years between the demise of their '60s powerhouse and the rise of their '90s powerhouse? Three playoff years and 10 losing seasons. What have they done since then? They missed the playoffs 10 consecutive seasons with only one of those seasons getting above .500

How is that any different than the Pats? The Pats, other than the periods where they've been really good, have also been really bad. So has every team in the NFL. At this point, I'm not really sure what you're trying to say, except that the Dolphins and Bills (like every team) have good eras and bad eras.

:confused:

Of course I picked the time period when they were very good. If I'm talking about periods of excellence, it doesn't make much sense to go looking for 1-15.

Again, the Bills and Dolphins have had those periods of excellence. Claiming otherwise doesn't make that untrue, and it doesn't do us credit as fans.

in other words DI "don't look at the whole, look at this part 25 years ago"

OK then they WERE great, but not anymore. They have come down to Earth hard and have mired in up and down year since.

Decent teams, once great franchises...but I refuse to put them up above where they really are.

They are miles ahead of the Jets in just about every way in that unlike the Jets they have been able to at least bring some respect back periodically...I can't say that for the Jets.

The point being addressed here is not a claim that these teams have had success every year of their existence, which seems to be where you put thebar.
It is 'periods of sustained success'. 16 years is sustained.
In fact, it was brought up in comparision with the Jets.
Please direct me to the 'sustained success' of the Jets that exceeds this.

They had that period- but it has been 25 years removed from it ending. Up and down since. They have been good...but not sustained for more than a couple of years without falling down into mediocrity. They were good but they were also blah and bad too.

If I didn't respect the franchises I wouldn't have such a big bone to pick with them...I don't have that respect for the Jest. Both the Bills and the Dolphins at least have some pride and able to rebuild out of the mud whereas the Green Beans can't get out of the way of their own egos to get on top of anything.

in other words DI "don't look at the whole, look at this part 25 years ago"

OK then they WERE great, but not anymore. They have come down to Earth hard and have mired in up and down year since.

Decent teams, once great franchises...but I refuse to put them up above where they really are.

They are miles ahead of the Jets in just about every way in that unlike the Jets they have been able to at least bring some respect back periodically...I can't say that for the Jets.

No. "In other words DI 'bring data to back up your initial assertion".

What I had originally posted and was following up on:

Plus the Dolphins and Bills have both have sustained periods of excellence. The Jets have two seasons, and haven't really been relevant since the 1960's.

Again, why the hell would I look for 1-15 records under those circumstances?

You made a lousy assertion and I refuted it. There's really no need to continue this any longer. This thread is about the Jets sucking. Let's get back on topic.

Last edited:
How is that any different than the Pats? The Pats, other than the periods where they've been really good, have also been really bad. So has every team in the NFL. At this point, I'm not really sure what you're trying to say, except that the Dolphins and Bills (like every team) have good eras and bad eras.

I would say they could like the Patriots past but in reverse...

I guess what I really am getting at is people see the Dolphins and the Bills and they see the early Dolphins' '70s/early 80s teams and the Bills' '60s and '90s teams but don't note their stretches of lean years and terrible years. Looking at them at their entire life needs to be done instead of just their glory days of the past. I don't believe sustained is accurate to define them.

No. "In other words DI 'bring data to back up your initial assertion".

What I had originally posted and was following up on:

Again, why the hell would I look for 1-15 records under those circumstances?

You made a lousy assertion and I refuted it. There's really no need to continue this any longer. This thread is about the Jets sucking. Let's get back on topic.

It's "ignore everything else but that era" DI, and I refuse to ignore their history after it.

Sorry if that rubs you wrong and I know you love to always be right and always have the last word so this ends here. The Jets suck and we agree on that.

It's "ignore everything else but that era" DI, and I refuse to ignore their history after it.

Sorry if that rubs you wrong and I know you love to always be right and always have the last word so this ends here.

Irony.jpg

The Jets suck and we agree on that.

Yes

Last edited:
the jets suck!

New_York_Jets_7661.JPG

"In this country, you gotta make the suck first. Then when you get the suck, you get the sucking. Then when you get the sucking, then you get the Jets."

I find this video to be most amusing.. and naturally right on topic! :)

The Jets suck

Last edited:
I've made 3,999 posts on this messageboard and I must have read ten times as many.

A lot has happened and I've changed my mind about a lot of things. But one thing I've never doubted and which will be true if I post for another 3,999 ...

THE JETS SUCK

I would say they could like the Patriots past but in reverse...

I guess what I really am getting at is people see the Dolphins and the Bills and they see the early Dolphins' '70s/early 80s teams and the Bills' '60s and '90s teams but don't note their stretches of lean years and terrible years. Looking at them at their entire life needs to be done instead of just their glory days of the past. I don't believe sustained is accurate to define them.

Fair enough, but is there a single team in the NFL that's had 25+ years of sustained excellence? Seems like you're holding the Dolphins and Bills to a standard that no team can measure up to.

I've made 3,999 posts on this messageboard and I must have read ten times as many.

A lot has happened and I've changed my mind about a lot of things. But one thing I've never doubted and which will be true if I post for another 3,999 ...

THE JETS SUCK

That's as good a 4000th post as I've ever seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 5/6: News and Notes
Tom Brady Sustains, Dishes Some Big Hits on Netflix Roast Special
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes