PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Jets next sunday 4:30 PM (merged X3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure why anyone would be disappointed to see the Colts exit the playoffs! Of all teams in the AFC playoffs they are the ones who have shown a consistent ability to beat the Pats.

The Pats enter the playoffs on quite a winning streak while the Jets entered the playoffs on a limp. The NFL is a "what have you done for me lately" league and I'm not so sure that the Jets are still carrying the pressure from their training camp bravado the same way the 14-2, #1 seed Pats are... especially after the Jets concluded the season with some bad losses.

No matter how you cut it, the pressure is ALWAYS on the higher seed. We are the highest of any seed and have the best record in the league. The pressure is on the Pats more than the Jets. Not that I think it matters, but that's a statement of fact.

I totally disagree with that. Typically, the pressure is on the higher seed, but not when you have a fat guy who likes to run his mouth as your head coach. Not only do I think the pressure is more on him and the Jets now, I can almost guarantee that Ryan will say something by the end of the week to add pressure on his team.

The Jets have had the pressure on them all season because Ryan went on national TV multiple times and said the Jets will win the Super Bowl and nothing short of it is a failure. He already fell short of his promise of leading the league in wins. He needs to back up his words or he is going to become a joke in the league.

Also, guys like Tomlinson, Jason Taylor, Tony Richardson, and Shaun Ellis are probably looking at their last shot to get a ring (not to mention Calvin Pace, Brandon Moore, Bryan Thomas, and Sione Pioha are all over 30). The one thing that is good about having a young team, you don't have a lot of players who have played 10 plus years in the league facing retirement either after the season or in a year and looking at what might be their last shot at a ring. Other than Alge Crumpler and Fred Taylor (Taylor has become irrelevant in the offense anyway), do the Pats have anyone who is close to retirement who is looking for his first ring? Oh, and Shayne Graham.

Last edited:
You know Tom is going into next weekends game thinking about how Rex dissed him by saying he doesn't prepare as hard as he thinks he does.

One thing you don't want to do is piss Tom Brady off and now he's gonna have a chip on his shoulder.

And the thing is that TFB already seems to have a chip on his shoulder this year. What's the cause? Still being called a "system" QB? Who knows? As long as it keeps him focused as he has been it's all good.

Everyone on this board is taking this Jets team lightly--we haven't won jack yet and that 45-3 game was an aberration---no team in the NFL is that good and no team in the NFL is that bad. I think the Jets could very well upset the Pats this week, especially with the DL being hurt. Plus the turnover bug might bite us, we are due for one of those games as well.

I just hope this game doesn't come down to field goal kicks:)

Still may happen. If the Ravens win their game againts the Stillrs should be great. That game they played a month ago at Baltimore was the dirtiest game I have seen in years.

I know he didn't play that well last time and all, but Ben rarely ever loses to the ravens. I'd put my money on the steelers if the ravens win tomorrow(which I though was a shoe in until the seahawks and jets won).

Not sure why anyone would be disappointed to see the Colts exit the playoffs! Of all teams in the AFC playoffs they are the ones who have shown a consistent ability to beat the Pats.

Because to be the best you have to beat the best... which obviously isn't the Colts this season so... on we go.

Anyone else slightly disapointed? Kinda wanted to see the pats beat the ravens.

There's always the AFC Championship game.

Jets are better at every position IMO but we should destroy them because our QB is the GOAT playing the best football of his career.

Really????

Safety?

Punter?

Tight End??

Left Guard?

Right Tackle? (a gimpy legged Woody vs. Vollmer)

RB?

WR?

Maybe not... but it's a hell of a lot more fun!

Not really. I'd rather win playing the worst then lose playing the best.

No matter how you cut it, the pressure is ALWAYS on the higher seed. We are the highest of any seed and have the best record in the league. The pressure is on the Pats more than the Jets. Not that I think it matters, but that's a statement of fact.
IMO The pressure is on the visiting team, they have to play in hostile conditions. And i'm sure Fat Man will say something to put more pressure on his team....He can't resist opening his mouth.

I totally disagree with that. Typically, the pressure is on the higher seed, but not when you have a fat guy who likes to run his mouth as your head coach. Not only do I think the pressure is more on him and the Jets now, I can almost guarantee that Ryan will say something by the end of the week to add pressure on his team.

The Jets have had the pressure on them all season because Ryan went on national TV multiple times and said the Jets will win the Super Bowl and nothing short of it is a failure. He already fell short of his promise of leading the league in wins. He needs to back up his words or he is going to become a joke in the league.

If that's your rationale, then the Jets have been talking all season. Why would the pressure still be as great as it was earlier in the season when the fat man began running his mouth? Why would the pressure be as great after a couple of deflating losses. On one hand, the Jets have been talking all season... so they're used to it. Any pressure that people expect to be there won't be felt as greatly because of that familiarity. The Pats, on the other hand, are still extremely young and most of these guys aren't used to having the #1 seed and the target on their backs in the playoffs.

The pressure is, quite firmly, on the Patriots in this one. However, with our coaching advantage, I expect the team to overcome.

Also, guys like Tomlinson, Jason Taylor, Tony Richardson, and Shaun Ellis are probably looking at their last shot to get a ring (not to mention Calvin Pace, Brandon Moore, Bryan Thomas, and Sione Pioha are all over 30). The one thing that is good about having a young team, you don't have a lot of players who have played 10 plus years in the league facing retirement either after the season or in a year and looking at what might be their last shot at a ring. Other than Alge Crumpler and Fred Taylor (Taylor has become irrelevant in the offense anyway), do the Pats have anyone who is close to retirement who is looking for his first ring? Oh, and Shayne Graham.

I wouldn't take this as something that adds pressure to the Jets. I would take this as something that makes the said vets play that much harder against the Patriots, as if they didn't have enough reason to do so already.

IMO The pressure is on the visiting team, they have to play in hostile conditions. And i'm sure Fat Man will say something to put more pressure on his team....He can't resist opening his mouth.

As I said, he's been opening his mouth all season. I'm sure his team is used to it by now.

Dilfer has already started his pro Jets agenda on ESPN. After the game he's talking about how the Jets coaching staff is going to be much more prepared for all the different formations the Pats throw at them and said while he won't say the Jets will win, guarantees they will play much better defense.

Now that may all be true and he might be right, but he's been slobbering on them and especially their QB all season long.

Rex will be a back peddling ***** if he says anything less than predicting a SB for his team.

As I said, he's been opening his mouth all season. I'm sure his team is used to it by now.
Yeah good point. But when he does it will motivate Brady and company more than they already

Yeah good point. But when he does it will motivate Brady and company more than they already

That's why I'm hoping he opens up his mouth. :D

Dilfer has already started his pro Jets agenda on ESPN. After the game he's talking about how the Jets coaching staff is going to be much more prepared for all the different formations the Pats throw at them and said while he won't say the Jets will win, guarantees they will play much better defense.

Now that may all be true and he might be right, but he's been slobbering on them and especially their QB all season long.

Wow they scored 3 points and he goes out on a limb saying they will play better. A 35 point loss is better. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST