PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The importance of winning this year

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think every year it is a necessity. It is a new year. It's why they play.

It's like sex at my age (52). The next time may be the last time, take it when you can. The next opportunity for a super bowl may not come again for a long long time. You never know what may happen next year. The Pats have been in the basement before - for extended periods of time. Look at the Celtics after their huge run. The Rick Pitino years, etc.

Never take getting one this year, or any year hereafter, for granted.

I think every year it is a necessity. It is a new year. It's why they play.

It's like sex at my age (52). The next time may be the last time, take it when you can. The next opportunity for a super bowl may not come again for a long long time. You never know what may happen next year. The Pats have been in the basement before - for extended periods of time. Look at the Celtics after their huge run. The Rick Pitino years, etc.

Never take getting one this year, or any year hereafter, for granted.

Well bill and Tom have left a lasting legacy on this franchise. Hopefully it won't take a gazillion years to be successful again. In the meantime i will enjoy the last hurrahs from these legends.

Another reason is, I don't want to hear the 346 Jackhole fans, talking 5h!t... forever!

I live in NJ. And no matter how good the Pats are doing, it's always "But, Eli beat you twice".

So basically, any team that beats the Pats, in a SB, earned all of the Pats previous wins.

It's a big deal to whoever "dethrones" the mighty Pats.

Nobody, especially this season, has earned the right. IMHO.

Crush, Kill, Destroy!!!

Edit: BTW, all of a sudden, people I've known for years, are suddenly Jackhole fans.
Just like the "temporary" Seahags fans, that mysteriously disappear lately.

Last edited:
I think this comment suffers from some confirmation bias. Losing both coordinators can't help, of course, but was coaching really what the team lacked during their non-championship phase? Were these same coaches to blame for the 2015 AFCCG loss in Denver? How is that loss any different than the 2006 AFCCG loss?

Even well coached, championship caliber teams need some luck. That's about all we can take from the 10 year gap.

BB basically threw the last game of the 2015 season costing the Patriots home field advantage, which led to the AFCCG loss.

BB basically threw the last game of the 2015 season costing the Patriots home field advantage, which led to the AFCCG loss.

We just needed to win one more but just couldn't, Eagles/Jets close shots but nope

I feel really relaxed heading into this game, not sure if its winning 2 of the last 3 or the bourbon but I think they win by a decent margin tomorrow. I'll worry about the super bowl after tomorrow but what a ride, I'm at the point of just enjoying it now.

Another reason is, I don't want to hear the 346 Jackhole fans, talking 5h!t... forever!

I live in NJ. And no matter how good the Pats are doing, it's always "But, Eli beat you twice".

So basically, any team that beats the Pats, in a SB, earned all of the Pats previous wins.

It's a big deal to whoever "dethrones" the mighty Pats.

Nobody, especially this season, has earned the right. IMHO.

Crush, Kill, Destroy!!!

Edit: BTW, all of a sudden, people I've known for years, are suddenly Jackhole fans.
Just like the "temporary" Seahags fans, that mysteriously disappear lately.

Yep, I deal with the same ******s at work. They root for who ever against the pats, act stupid all day every day, cry constantly about stupid teams, scream cheaters to all who will listen, and many do. They have no life, their teams suck and I weep for their kids but ya know. I’ve not been able to convert them. They all have that fall back position of “ well Eli Eli Eli” yada. 2015 was a black year and I had to listen all year to Peyton busted ya, how did you like that. These slimy dim wits are now Jacksonville fans

The Patriots have been to 7 consecutive AFCCG. Including playing 5 at home.

If they win tomorrow they will have gone to the Super Bowl 4/7 times. If they lose they will have gone 3/7. I think winning less than half the time, especially when they would have clearly been favored to win 5(the home games) is a disappointment.

I’m feeling relaxed yet not able to shut off and sleep

I feel really relaxed heading into this game, not sure if its winning 2 of the last 3 or the bourbon but I think they win by a decent margin tomorrow. I'll worry about the super bowl after tomorrow but what a ride, I'm at the point of just enjoying it now.

I never can, I keep tossing and turning and can't sleep atm, don't get me started on the nights before the Super Bowl

I’m feeling relaxed yet not able to shut off and sleep

Tried telling myself I would just fall asleep, tried not thinking about the game but still awake, the night before the Super Bowl is the worst

Tried telling myself I would just fall asleep, tried not thinking about the game but still awake, the night before the Super Bowl is the worst

I hear ya. I wind up looking at vids and posting here all night before big games but it’s a wrap on the two days before the super bowl. Sleep ain’t happening in that case at all. Luckily, there’s plenty to read around here

I hear ya. I wind up looking at vids and posting here all night before big games but it’s a wrap on the two days before the super bowl. Sleep ain’t happening in that case at all. Luckily, there’s plenty to read around here
I never sleep before playoff games

I never sleep before playoff games

Looks like we’re the insomniac wing. Not even half a fifth of vodka put me out tonight. I don’t even feel buzzed really

Pats will never have it this easy again. Jags and titans are the two teams I would have picked to play although I never thought we would get that lucky.

if the pats win today I believe we finally see a pats blowout in a super bowl. we will finally be able to relax by the 3rd quarter and not have near heart attacks for 3 hours. and the league needs the pats more than anything this year. the ratings will be atrocious unless the "evil" pats are there.

If you repeat as champions, then you're legendary.

If you do it again under the same coach and QB, well, you are alone among the legendary. The legends all then look up to you.

That can be NE in 16 days.
The "urgency" to take advantage of this and win has been present here since 2002.

It's been that obvious as to what's going on here.

In a way, it's been kind of a burden - a welcome one - for Bill Belichick, and a challenge...and the way he's handled this and continued to make tough decisions while some things work out and other don't, really elevated him to the top of the all time coaching ranks.

Robert Kraft, meanwhile, can always be counted upon to pour gasoline onto the constant fire of anti-Patriots sentiment across the country since 1970, as he mentioned for the millionth time the other night how prior to his purchase, the franchise hosted only one playoff game.

Which conveniently ignores all of the on field success enjoyed here in the 60's, 70's and 80's, and utilizes a totally misleading statistic to reinforce the myth that we sucked, even though we were far superior to over a dozen other NFL teams in that span.

Kraft did not hire Bill Parcells, without whom there'd be no BB. In his years as the owner we won three playoff games - as many as we won in one postseason (1985), all at home, losing the other four playoff games, prior to Brady taking over as the starter.

The Patriots have been to 7 consecutive AFCCG. Including playing 5 at home.

If they win tomorrow they will have gone to the Super Bowl 4/7 times. If they lose they will have gone 3/7. I think winning less than half the time, especially when they would have clearly been favored to win 5(the home games) is a disappointment.
They have lost once at home.

Robert Kraft, meanwhile, can always be counted upon to pour gasoline onto the constant fire of anti-Patriots sentiment across the country since 1970, as he mentioned for the millionth time the other night how prior to his purchase, the franchise hosted only one playoff game.

Which conveniently ignores all of the on field success enjoyed here in the 60's, 70's and 80's, and utilizes a totally misleading statistic to reinforce the myth that we sucked, even though we were far superior to over a dozen other NFL teams in that span.

Kraft did not hire Bill Parcells, without whom there'd be no BB. In his years as the owner we won three playoff games - as many as we won in one postseason (1985), all at home, losing the other four playoff games, prior to Brady taking over as the starter.

Your remembrance of those years prior to BB is much different than mine, that period was filled by miscues, what ifs, complete f...ups and almosts. It was difficult being a Pats fan, particularly in an area saturated by Giants, Jets and Dolphins fans.. in an area where a blackout was more common than the game being on TV.

You need to give Kraft credit for backing out of football operations, and giving way to BB.. always thought that Parcells was overrated without BB.. while he was here Parcell's teams went 32 & 32, hardly worldbeaters..

Mr, Kraft walked away from trying to micromanaging this team and gave that power to BB, he also built a state of the art football facility which is fan friendly...

In this atmosphere he allowed BB to become the head coach he had the potential to be.. interestingly in this environment BB's win percentage is now .743 for both the regular (214 & 74) and post season (26 & 9).. think about that stat, the Pats have won 3/4 of their games in this time frame.. much to be thankful for.

It is important that they win this year, and I hope they do.. but to make it to the SB and win it, a lot of things have to happen to your team, stay tuned..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents