PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The "FAVRE - he's really coming baaack only not in GB" post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: The "FAVRE - he's really coming baaack only not in GB" -updated GB here he comes?

I hate Fespn and I really try these days to not go there...however...after checking nfl.com (story update from 7/31 no less) Fox sports (story from yesterday) it was Fespn that had the update and breaking news that the worm turns yet again:

Favre says Goodell has reinstated him, will fly to Green Bay

HATTIESBURG, Miss. -- NFL commissioner Roger Goodell reinstated Brett Favre on Sunday, the three-time MVP told ESPN's Ed Werder.
Favre was prepared Sunday to fly to Green Bay, he said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3517219

Last edited:
Packers will hold open competition for starting QB job, ESPN's Wendi Nix reports.

ESPNEWS bottom line.

it's gonna be hard to take favre seriously this season after i assume he gets the starting job.

i hope aaron rodgers kicks the crap out of favre.

hard to say if competition is the best thing for the pack. i suppose it's the best way to get the best people starting, but now the organisation has dirt rubbed in its face.

Last edited:
Hope he stays in the division whatever the case, to make one tougher game for the Colts this season.

Hope he stays in the division whatever the case, to make one tougher game for the Colts this season.

NFC North... home of the Minnesota Vikings, Chicago Skanks, Green Bay Fackers, and Detroit Lagons.

It's pretty vile that after all of their grandstanding, the Packers are letting him compete for Aaron Rodgers job. I know Rodgers is an unknown right now, but I highly doubt if he is any good he will stick with the Packers after all this.

They better draft well because NO free agents will want to go to GB for YEARS after this fiasco....

I'm watching the HOF game and I saw his plane ... it was orgasmic for the cheese heads.

It's pretty vile that after all of their grandstanding, the Packers are letting him compete for Aaron Rodgers job. I know Rodgers is an unknown right now, but I highly doubt if he is any good he will stick with the Packers after all this.

We can trade Matt Cassell to them in the offseason for their 1st rounder.

We can trade Matt Cassell to them in the offseason for their 1st rounder.

BRILLIANT! :eat3:

I've been joking to people I work with that I'm going to buy a Rodgers jersey just to piss off all the Packer fans. If Rodgers ends up the starter, I don't see how I'll be able to resist.

BRILLIANT! :eat3:

I've been joking to people I work with that I'm going to buy a Rodgers jersey just to piss off all the Packer fans. If Rodgers ends up the starter, I don't see how I'll be able to resist.

Man, just imagine if Rodgers beats out Favre. How great would that be?

Scott Benson over at Patriots Daily had a great commentary on this whole soap opera today....

http://www.patriotsdaily.com/2008/08/on-the-matter-of-brett-favre/#comments

>>>>>Truth is, Brett still wants to play, to have FUN, to be BRETT FAVRE, but he doesn’t want anybody telling him he has to study and prepare and carry out the game plan and use his check downs like a *****, instead of chucking it, gunslinger style. Always asking if he’s looked at film. Film? You mean like Smokey and the Bandit? Ha! Brett wishes he’d saved that one for Madden, or maybe for a text to Peter King.
See, Brett’s always believed you didn’t need all that book learnin’ if you’re BRETT FAVRE. These new guys coming in here and *****ing about not running the play they called – they piss Brett off. He’s not having any FUN. He (sniff) still wants to play but (sniff) he can’t do Monday through Saturday any more (sniff)……it’s the grind.
The grind. Meaning the time of the week he’s being COACHED.<<<<<<<<

http://www.tboblogs.com/index.php/sports/related/C546/

Favre On Verge Of Joining Bucs
Updated Aug 06, 2008 at 12:35 AM

The Brett Favre saga is about to end with the NFL icon in pewter.

The Tribune has learned Favre will not stand in the way of a trade from Green Bay to Tampa Bay and the deal is likely to be finalized within 24 hours.

The chances of the trade unraveling are remote and Favre has indicated to the Bucs directly that he is willing to change teams after 16 years of growing his legend in Green Bay.

The Packers, unwilling to deal the 3-time league MVP to an NFC North rival, view the Bucs as a compromise in this ugly impasse. The Bucs view Favre as an upgrade on QB Jeff Garcia, who made the Pro Bowl in 2007 while leading Tampa Bay to an NFC South title.

Once it became clear to Favre that he wasn’t welcome back in Green Bay, he became more flexible in terms of accepting a trade to clubs outside the division. The Bucs have been interested in Favre since last month, when he announced he wanted to play again.

The Bucs could make the trade announcement official by Wednesday, but Favre will have little time to learn Coach Jon Gruden’s complex system because the Bucs open the regular season Sept. 7 at division rival New Orleans.

How many QB's could they really have??

Brett will certainly be the best QB Chucky has had an opportunity to work with since Gannon. If you could put Garcia's head on Brett's durable body he might actually be able to make something happen in Tampa. But that ain't gonna happen. As for Garcia to Minnesota, it may help a little but not nearly enough. He won't have time to acclimate and he now gets injured if guys just look at him the wrong way. They need someone who can keep Tavaris off the field, which is one thing Brett certainly would have done...

Some one of the talking heads was wondering aloud last night what the relationship between the volitile Chuckmiester and the legend will be once Brett pulls the first couple of dozen failed improv plays out his ass...

BTW the Farve camp spin that he's now doing this so as to not cause a distraction for his beloved team because God knows that's the last thing he intended to do is just nauseating.

Other than Gruden's bipolar disorder when it comes to how he feels about his QBs, I really don't get this from a Tampa standpoint. Favre will likely win them a game or two that Garcia wouldn't with his better playmaking. He'll also lose them an equal amount of games that the ultra efficient Garcia wouldn't with his "just havin fun gunslinger" act. Best case is they are going to give up draft picks, spend more $, and not be noticably better. If Favre reverts to 2005 and 2006 level, they'll end up significantly worse.

It's blatantly clear that Chucky is frakin' desperate. But it's still puzzling because I agree with the assessment that Lord Favre will cost them as many games 'slinging it' as he'll add in wins by just being Favre. Maybe he figures that either way they can get into post season and then he's hoping for a miracle performance (not one of the 6 INT post season debacles) once that happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST