PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The End of the World has NOT arrived.

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Pats lost a game. I am as much a fan as any other.

But I am already sick of the Conspiracy Theories, the Accustions, the Backbiting. And the lamentations and beating of breasts and gnashing of teeth. The other guys get paid too. The Cards are not pushovers, and have been to a Superbowl recently.

The Pats played a game. They did lots of things right, and a few things wrong. I'll take that Defensive effort in every game of the year if I could; and would have a Top 10, if not Top 5 Defense.

The Pats Coaches and players are experimenting and trying to expand their passing Offense horizontally and vertically for strategic reasons. They have succeeded horizontally; and not so much vertically.

The Pats coaches want to transform the running game from a finesse running game, to more of a power running threat. They have succeeded so far.

The team is transitioning its Offensive line to a next generation of players. They are making progress in doing so, as well. If not for the injury to Kopa, and Gallery's and Water's retirements, Dante could have worked Marcus Cannon at RG, where I think he will be tremendous.

Look at how successful the running game has been to his side. It wil have to wait a year though, since he is needed at spare tackle. Meanwhile he can learn to pass block even better than what is expected of a Guard, and which he can do more than satisfactorily, even now.

Just think what you would have said about the team, if Ghost had kicked 5 for 5, instead of going only 4 for 5. Or if the late TD had not been brought back. Or if the 2 point conversion had worked.

You would have been proclaiming this edition, as perhaps the best Patriots team ever. I see no reason to change that opinion, because of a single errant kick, or poor hold... :steamed:

The Patriots got behind, but came back in the fourth quarter to score a TD, and also kick another Field Goal. They then had two opportunites to take the lead and win the game; and another opportunity to tie with the 2-point conversion.

None worked out. It happens. So move on.:)

:welcome:

:D

6-8 weeks every year ... Belichick takes 6-8 weeks to develop the teams identity ... year after year after year after year .........

Yet every year fans are shocked when things don't go the way they expect them to. If you just went with your strength as oppose to developing the entire 53 then our record since belichick has been here would be way less than what it is.

it is what it is and 6 weeks is it.

6-8 weeks every year ... Belichick takes 6-8 weeks to develop the teams identity ... year after year after year after year .........

Yet every year fans are shocked when things don't go the way they expect them to. If you just went with your strength as oppose to developing the entire 53 then our record since belichick has been here would be way less than what it is.

Some people think the Patriots are a chance to go 19-0 every year. At the first loss, Everest's summit isn't reachable until the following season.

zzzzzzz.

To quote a brighter light, wake me up when September ends.

I mean that whether we're 3-1 or 1-3. I mean, I'd prefer the former, and the latter will actually have me soiling my jockeys. But geez. 1-1, not 1-8 (or 8-1)... relax and let some games play out (either way.)

Hard to demand of fans what you want of players, "don't get too high or too low." But sometimes I just want to spike the board water fountains with zoloft. Of course, it would make it boring as heck, so I guess it's a bad idea :)

Somewhere between the end of the world has not arrived and nothing to see here move on lies the truth.

Some people think the Patriots are a chance to go 19-0 every year. At the first loss, Everest's summit isn't reachable until the following season.

Cardinals have an excellent defense ... but it's like an unthinkable prospect.

even had we won yesterday ... in all seriousness .. we deserved to lose and better no to move on from it.

Actually, I thought the world was going to end last year when we actually lost to Buffalo! :eek:

Then we lost back-to-back games against the Steelers and Giants but still got on track to make it back to the Super Bowl.

It sucks to lose a game. But there's no reason to give up on the season.

Ok.....I'll keep my Pom poms handy

Seriously.......this has got to be one of the most ridiculous excuses I have ever heard

I don't know what to think but this morning I woke up and found these guys in my backyard doing some weird rituals and pointing at the sky and repeating "Decembre 21...Decembre 21..."

apocalypto-mel-gibson-mayans-end-of-world-ifc-movie.jpg

...so..just to cover all the bases I figured it'd be a pretty good time for THIS....

2012_end_of_the_world_party_invitation-d161047612530687229z8h5x_500.jpg

Ok.....I'll keep my Pom poms handy

Seriously.......this has got to be one of the most ridiculous excuses I have ever heard

Not my fault you don't know your Belichick 101 - 201 and 301.

Every year 6-8 weeks ... every year - year after year after year after year.

Every season I predict that the Patriots will win some games you expect they will lose, and will win some games you expect they will lose.

Every season I'm correct.

Every season I predict that the Patriots will win some games you expect they will lose, and will win some games you expect they will lose.

Every season I'm correct.

I just want a win over a good team. Getting beat up but 8-8 teams isn't fun..especially the first home game of the year..something that hasn't happened in 10 years..

Last edited:
I just want a win over a good team. Getting beat up but 8-8 teams isn't fun..especially the first home game of the year..something that hasn't happened in 10 years..

I don't think the Cardinals were an 8-8 team if you look at their most recent games dating back to midway through last season.

Despite the desire that all fans have to see their team go 19-0 it should be clear by now that a team that peaks in September tends to be irrelevant in February.

It's a marathon, and we've seen a mediocre regular season Giants team raise the Lombardi twice in recent years because they peaked in the playoffs.

Many fans have a difficult time understanding that its better to be a healthy 9-7 team who made the playoffs than 14-2 team battling injuries at a critical time.

The Pats lost a game. I am as much a fan as any other.

But I am already sick of the Conspiracy Theories, the Accustions, the Backbiting. And the lamentations and beating of breasts and gnashing of teeth. The other guys get paid too. The Cards are not pushovers, and have been to a Superbowl recently.

:)

LOL. Then what the heck are you doing on a message board?

Look on the bright side. At least this week's game knocked out the "Is Woodhead being phased out?" and the "Is Welker being phased out?" threads.

To put it simply, the Patriots loss to the Cards was "a comedy of errors". Mistakes kept piling up all the way to the missed FG at the end of the game. Pats shot themselves in the foot. But the defense played tough and limited the Cards scoring to FGs off the turnovers. That's got to mean something. However this team has to pull itself together and eliminate the mental errors and turnovers. The Pats used to hold that edge in this category.

Then again it IS a young team, both on the offensive line and the defensive line. And we're still trying to integrate Lloyd, get over losing Hernandez, and try to incorporate Winslow into our offense. Meanwhile Solder and Cannon are getting a lot of playing time and will have their 'growing pains'. If we get out of the first 4 weeks at 3-1 I will be impressed and confident about our chances. Right now, it is obvious that we have a lot of work to do as a team before the Pats can be considered top tier elite again. But the signs on defense are very encouraging so far.

Look on the bright side. At least this week's game knocked out the "Is Woodhead being phased out?" and the "Is Welker being phased out?" threads.
Guess again.

Last edited:
No it's just that with high expectations immediately plus 1st game VS Titans showed our versitilty on "O" with now a bonified running game. So going into Cards game yes there were questions about WW's playing time and then A.Hern goin down and murphy's law what ever could go wrong, WENT WRONG right down to Gost's shank FG winner.
I'm not jumpin off GWBridge just yet even if we lose to Ravens. Pats will right'da ship, there's plenty of time to get right pieces in place & get body healthy again.

Last edited:
Hi, I'm not very bright. :bye2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand