PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Defense played good enough to win

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like Brady might agree with me after reading this quote!

"We hung our defense out to dry, giving them the ball back and sending them out on the field."
-Tom Brady on D&C

Brady: 'Everybody was frustrated' - Extra Points - Boston.com

I love Brady, hes allowed a bad half of football, I'm sure no one is more upset than him, especially that this one happen to be against the Jets.

Can't turn the ball over three times (and get no turnovers) on the road and expect to win a game. Every time the Pats lose, it's "if this" and "if that." We, as Pats fans, need to admit the NYJ outplayed, outcoached, and "outhearted" the Patriots. Their cheeseburger eating quarterback outplayed our vitamin water drinking quarterback in crunch time. They made the plays when they had to (strip sack, interceptions, third down stops) and the Patriots simply didn't. It was a terrible performance on national television and I fully expect the Pats to be the brunt of all the national media's jokes today and for the rest of the week. Oh, BenJarvus Green Ellis Butts just ran for 0 yards again on first down, and it's second and 10....

Last edited:

"We hung our defense out to dry, giving them the ball back and sending them out on the field."
-Tom Brady on D&C

I love Brady, hes allowed a bad half of football, I'm sure no one is more upset than him, especially that this one happen to be against the Jets.

Stop. Of course Brady's going to say that, he always says the right things. And the offense was all kinds of suck in the second half. But the defense was awful. The Pats had the ball all of the first quarter so the D wasn't on the field, in the second quarter the Jets essentially didn't try on a 3rd & 12 at midfield (ran the ball, would likely have converted) and then the D gave up bushels of yards & points in the second half. They played "good enough to win" a high school game.

Last edited:
Stop. Of course Brady's going to say that, he always says the right things. And the offense was all kinds of suck in the second half. But the defense was awful. The Pats had the ball all of the first quarter so the D wasn't on the field, in the second quarter the Jets essentially didn't try on a 3rd & 12 at midfield (ran the ball, would likely have converted) and then the D gave up bushels of yards & points in the second half. They played "good enough to win" a high school game.

Brady didn't make it up to excuse the defense, he said it cause its the truth

Brady was right, the D was hung out to try. Yes, the D made Sanchez look a lot better than he is, but the truth of the matter is, the Jets offense had a perfect game; taking that into account the Defense had some key stops that the Offense pissed away. The Defense definately played well enough to win the game, had Brady not have the worse half of his life. Keep in mind, this is an offenseive team, not a defensive team like during the Dynasty years.

Yes, Brady is right.

Many here think it is acceptable for the top offense in football to score zero point and have several turnovers. The fact is that weaker offenses might survive such ptrid performances because they have elite defenses. We have an average defense and depend on our offense.

-Tom Brady on D&C

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back