PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

THE BROOKLYN NETS THREAD

I'm open to danny trading the pick. I'm not sure there is a cant miss franchise player coming out of the draft this year.

I'm open to danny trading the pick. I'm not sure there is a cant miss franchise player coming out of the draft this year.
I'm not sure there's someone available in a trade that's worth it. The one thing I don't want (which is what the media seems desperately to want) is trades that set up another 1 or two year championship window followed by back in the dumps. I want the Pats 2.0 (aka the Spurs), build a solid program designed to go on indefinitely.

I'm still pissed-off that Danny released David Lee, who signed with Dallas and helped them (even if in a somewhat small way) make the POs.

Dallas should have by right missed the POs and therefore have been the #12 lottery team.

I could rationalize his release if somebody were added to the Cs in his place, but nobody - at all - was added.

That's on the same level of foot-shooting stupidity as wanting to win the last game of the season just to play Atlanta & Cleveland in the POs.

I'm still pissed-off that Danny released David Lee, who signed with Dallas and helped them (even if in a somewhat small way) make the POs.

Dallas should have by right missed the POs and therefore have been the #12 lottery team.

I could rationalize his release if somebody were added to the Cs in his place, but nobody - at all - was added.

That's on the same level of foot-shooting stupidity as wanting to win the last game of the season just to play Atlanta & Cleveland in the POs.

You in particular have illustrated pretty convincingly that Ainge has made some bonehead moves. I'd seriously feel a lot better if you were advising Ainge. And no I'm not being sarcastic or facetious!

And I'm not anti Ainge at all - it's just that, like everyone, he's made some mistakes and sometimes questionable moves

And even if you do everything PERFECTLY in the NBA sometimes you just don't get the break you need be it in the draft or free agency.... that's the nature of the beast with a 30 team league. 29 typically aren't out to do you any favors.

I suppose there's something to be said about not opting for the "easy way" and it could just be that their style of play can turn all those close losses last year against Cleveland into close wins for the Cs - though I just don't see it happening

Regardless, I don't view this team as a contender, especially given injuries, so while I do like to see how they respond and play in this situation, and think it's wise of Stevens to teach them how to fight and hopefully win, they're really playing for next year, at best

David 'No Defense' Lee on a team that is horribly deficient on defense?
Do you bother to watch the games?
They are down 0-2 because their defense is horrible and with Avery down it's anemic.

Dallas went 12-13 after signing Lee ...
they were 30-27 before signing him ... he did not help them at all - they got worse.

Last edited:
Thomas is expected to represent the Celtics on ping pong ball day.

They really need all the luck they can get. I'm not high on this years draft class. I hope they get the number one pick and try to trade it. I'm preparing for disappointment. its so unbelievably hard to build a championship team in the nba.much harder than the nfl nhl and mlb. everything has to go right . and so many things are out of the GMs control.

they need to flip the draft picks for a proven player or two...then go get some stud FA or two. we have all the youth we need...time for a proven vet

trade some picks for Boggie
go all in for Durant
go all in for Butler

They really need all the luck they can get. I'm not high on this years draft class. I hope they get the number one pick and try to trade it. I'm preparing for disappointment. its so unbelievably hard to build a championship team in the nba.much harder than the nfl nhl and mlb. everything has to go right . and so many things are out of the GMs control.
I like Ingram a lot. And I'm not in love with a trade. I don't see who they could get that would be worth it. The idiot media are ready to give Chicago the entire Brooklyn haul plus Crowder for Jimmy Butler, who isn't a difference maker IMO, and is, by all reports, such a **** nobody on his own team wanted to play with him.

Isn't tomorrow Ping-Pong Ball day?

Thanks; it makes more sense to have it on a weeknight anyway, when more people are likely to watch.

Just hope the Nets crap the bed next two years as the Celtics have the right to swap picks in 2017 ( no protection) and then have their pick in 2018.....

7 and 20. :D the pick is looking like a lotto pick. lots of teams in the running for the race to the bottom of the standings this year.

7 and 20. :D the pick is looking like a lotto pick. lots of teams in the running for the race to the bottom of the standings this year.
Lotto? They're tied for the worst record, and they aren't predicted to win another game for something like 8 weeks.

Lotto? They're tied for the worst record, and they aren't predicted to win another game for something like 8 weeks.
its early. but i like the trend. ill rephrase. looks like a top five pick. predictions are worthless. you happy roch? :D

Last edited:
Are Miami & Dallas really that bad, or are they just dealing with injuries/bad luck?

Are Miami & Dallas really that bad, or are they just dealing with injuries/bad luck?
I'm not sure really. Well, Dallas has been missing Nowitski most of the year. Miami doesn't have very much.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Back