PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Bowl Game Season

Great start for Stanford.

Really like that team. David Shaw should be an NFL Coach one day.

Zach Ertz!!!

I'm mainly interested in the Rose Bowl.

Very impressed so far with this game. Smash-mouth old school. You can hear shoulder pads popping on every play. Derek Watt looks pretty good as a FB for Wisconsin so far.

Last edited:
i agree with trading our picks to get more for next season we could get ASJ Mccarron and Tuitt by stockpiling some picks. If im BB im trying to trade picks for a 2014 1st from a QB thirsty team for Mallett and a 3rd round pick and maybe get lucky and get a high pick. Im hoping at some point we decide to move Hernandez to WR. It seems like he is more of a Wr that lines up at TE imo. If we get Aj Mccarron in the draft next year id be very happy, seems like a good TB future replacement ps Aj should get rid of that awful tattoo

I'm through the first half of the Liberty Bowl and it definitely isn't Dexter McCoil's best game. His conservative/aggressive playing style is biting him, but not all his fault. I also don't put too much stock into how players play in or against the read option. Iowa State runs it, but it's not very common in the NFL.

The TD he gave up he had to choose between taking the receiver in motion or the TE and he chose the WR. The defense needs to shift there and not make McCoil choose who to cover.

I'm through the first half of the Liberty Bowl and it definitely isn't Dexter McCoil's best game. His conservative/aggressive playing style is biting him, but not all his fault. I also don't put too much stock into how players play in or against the read option. Iowa State runs it, but it's not very common in the NFL.

The TD he gave up he had to choose between taking the receiver in motion or the TE and he chose the WR. The defense needs to shift there and not make McCoil choose who to cover.

I have one question mark re McCoil. We know BB likes players with good 3-cone times. McCoil really didn't look like he could do a good one as he's fairly leggy, even gangly. In terms of a Patriots fit, would that affect your evaluation?

Did anyone see how Kawann Short play in his bowl game im pretty sure that Purdue got crushed but im interested to see how he did

I have one question mark re McCoil. We know BB likes players with good 3-cone times. McCoil really didn't look like he could do a good one as he's fairly leggy, even gangly. In terms of a Patriots fit, would that affect your evaluation?

Perhaps. But you could say Jones looked the same way last year.

McCoil is not a finished product. When he got to Tulsa he was only 168 pounds.

If you're a team playing a power run game and a 3-4 Defense, just get your scouts a caravan on the Stanford campus.

Career interception number 18 with 4 minutes left in the game. #Ballskills

If you're a team playing a power run game and a 3-4 Defense, just get your scouts a caravan on the Stanford campus.

I love the Stanford RB. He has great vision and power, and it seems he's always running in a loaded box.

Is it just me or does he remind you of Ridley?

Yup! I imagine he's a slow 40 runner too, hope it doesn't hurt his stock. Alfred Morris and Ridley both ran in the mid 4.6s, the RB position is affected too much pre-draft by the 40.

Let's go NIU!!! :D

It's time for my favourite safety: Lamarcus Joyner.

This game is soooo boring.

Northern Illinois had no business being in this game. Thank you BCS. You idiots. Noles haven't been tested all year. A couple of teams backed out on them and all they got for tough games were Clemson and Florida. Somehow lost to NC St. Would have liked to see them develop against a tougher schedule.

the FSU defense has dominated making Lynch look like Tebow in the Nfl maybe worse NIU doesnt belong but shouldve have been in a different bowl game. Btw FSU is so stacked on defense its not even fair Werner, Carradine, Jenkins, Rhodes and others is pretty scary

Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Back