PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Senior Bowl Thread

mayoclinic

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With the Shrine Game week about done, the Senior Bowl is up next. Here's the official list of accepted invites:

Accepted Invites : News : Senior Bowl

There are usually a couple of accepted invites who drop out, and a couple who get hurt, with a few players added at the last minute or during the week. But based on this list, here are the guys (alphabetically) I'm particularly interested in hearing about:

- Joel Bitonio, OG, Nevada. 6'4" 315#. Will probably get reps at OT as well.
- DeAndre Coleman, DT, Cal. 6'5" 315#.
- Kyle Fuller, DB, Virginia Tech. 5'11" 190#.
- Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesoata. 6'6" 311#.
- Taylor Hart, DE, Oregon. 6'6" 292#.
- Cody Hoffman, WR, Brigham Young. 6'4" 215#.
- Stanley Jean-Baptiste, DB, Nebraska. 6'3" 220#.
- Tyler Larsen, OC, Utah St. 6'4" 312#.
- Brandon Linder, OG, Miami. 6'6" 319#.
- Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee. 6'8" 351#.
- Keith McGill, DB, Utah. 6'3" 205#.
- Trent Murphy, DE, Stanford. 6'6" 261#.
- Tyler Ott, LS, Harvard. 6'3" 245#. Will probably get reps at TE as well.
- Weston Richburg, OC, Colorado St. 6'4" 300#.
- Telvin Smith, OLB, Florida St. 6'3" 218#.
- Bryan Stork, OC, Florida St. 6'4" 305#.
- Travis Swanson, OC, Arkansas. 6'5" 318#.
- Billy Turner, OT, North Dakota St. 6'6" 314#. Will probably get reps at OG as well.
- Brent Urban, DE, Virginia. 6'7" 295#. Will probably get reps at DT as well.
- Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU. 6'3" 245#.

(All heights and weights are according to the Senior Bowl invitation list.)

In a week we'll know a lot more about these prospect, and many more.

Getting weak at the CB position unfortunately. None of Fuller, Dennard or Gilbert will be there (Verrett too I think). Good opportunity for others to step up but I would have liked to see those four.

I'll be looking at the centers with Wendell facing UFA and wanting an upgrade; Swanson, Larson and Stork. I believe I read that Ikard from Oklahoma is going to be there too.

I'll be looking at the centers with Wendell facing UFA and wanting an upgrade; Swanson, Larson and Stork. I believe I read that Ikard from Oklahoma is going to be there too.

And Weston Richburg from Colorado St.

Getting weak at the CB position unfortunately. None of Fuller, Dennard or Gilbert will be there (Verrett too I think). Good opportunity for others to step up but I would have liked to see those four.

Has Fuller officially dropped out? He accepted an invite, and while I know he was hurt, he had surgery November 21 and was estimated to be out 4-6 weeks at that time. If healthy, I would think he would want to show teams what he can do.

The absence of Dennard, Gilbert and Lamarcus Joyner hurts.

Has Fuller officially dropped out? He accepted an invite, and while I know he was hurt, he had surgery November 21 and was estimated to be out 4-6 weeks at that time. If healthy, I would think he would want to show teams what he can do.

The absence of Dennard, Gilbert and Lamarcus Joyner hurts.

That's what was being said on twitter yesterday. Haven't seen anything official.

This draft has great talent and depth at both OC and guards with the versatility to play tackle:

- OC: Travis Swanson, Weston Richburg, Bryan Stork, Tyler Larsen
- OG/T: David Yankey, Zach Martin, Joel Bitonio, Billy Turner, Brandon Linder, Cameron Fleming

Give me 1 guy from each of those lists in the first 4 rounds and the Pats OL will be in good shape for years to come.

i wanna see marcus smith,olb from louisville in the senior bowl.

This draft has great talent and depth at both OC and guards with the versatility to play tackle:

- OC: Travis Swanson, Weston Richburg, Bryan Stork, Tyler Larsen
- OG/T: David Yankey, Zach Martin, Joel Bitonio, Billy Turner, Brandon Linder, Cameron Fleming

Give me 1 guy from each of those lists in the first 4 rounds and the Pats OL will be in good shape for years to come.

I'm leaning towards trading back. Then picking a WR and C in Round 2. Pick up a te who can block in round 3. Then, a db and guard in 4th with pick for trading back. Heavy on offense, but I doubt if TFB is happy with the way this season came about.

I'd sign Talib and Edelman. Doubt if we can afford Blount. Could end up with 3 extra picks in next years draft; Spikes, Wendell and Blount.

North Roster

South Roster

1. No Kyle Fuller

2. North's DT's are smokin': DaQuan Jones, Ra'Shede Hageman, Aaron Donald, Shamar Stephen. Like all four of these.

3. How does Billy Turner of NORTH DAKOTA State end up on the South roster? Answer me that.

Looks like Billy Turner won't be getting any looks inside at the Senior Bowl:

@OptimumScouting South OT's: Morgan Moses/UVa, Ja'Wuan James/Tenn, Billy Turner/NDSU and Wes Johnson/Vandy. Joel Bitonio/Nev may work OG/OT.

Phil Savage is the guy in charge at the Senior Bowl.

good to hear bitonio will get reps inside

Amazing thing about the college all-star games these days is that the game itself seems so much less important than the practices. Crazy amount of pressure to put on young guys who are still in recovery mode from their final college season. Then again, it's probably always been like this and it wasn't until the "Interweb" era that uniformed slobs like me came to realize it. God, I don't envy the scouts and personnel people trying to evaluate all this! :pray:

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
Back