PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The Bowl Game Season

The Gator's sophomore shutdown corner back (and standout special teamer) playing WR on offense. I'm in love. Welcome to the MHTK 2014 binky list!

Geez, who the hell's this Bridgewater kid? I need to get more into college football.

Geez, who the hell's this Bridgewater kid? I need to get more into college football.

He's a top 5 draft pick whenever he comes out. Incredible poise and intelligence.

Louisville's DE Marcus Smith was mighty impressive last night. He's a Jnr so one to watch for next year.

And Matt Elam is incredible. I worry that he's a tad undisciplined but Merrill is right, he adds a real intensity to the defense. Shades of Ray Lewis in that regard. I would have no problem drafting him in the first based purely on BPA as opposed to need.

Louisville's DE Marcus Smith was mighty impressive last night. He's a Jnr so one to watch for next year.

And Matt Elam is incredible. I worry that he's a tad undisciplined but Merrill is right, he adds a real intensity to the defense. Shades of Ray Lewis in that regard. I would have no problem drafting him in the first based purely on BPA as opposed to need.

Agreed. Not my first plan, but a worthy option.

In the pros that one big hit early would've cost 15 yards and likely a five-figure fine...plus he didn't wrap up.

Elam definitely has plenty going for him. But I sometimes see flashes of Meriweather from him. I preferred Josh Evans, the other Florida Safety.

He's a top 5 draft pick whenever he comes out. Incredible poise and intelligence.

Teddy Ballgame. Dare I say the poise of a young Tom Brady with the athleticism of Aaron Rodgers. Jaguars gonna take him or Clowney next spring?

Teddy Ballgame. Dare I say the poise of a young Tom Brady with the athleticism of Aaron Rodgers. Jaguars gonna take him or Clowney next spring?

I think Clowney goes #1, he's too rare a prospect not too but Bridgewater will have to start sucking not to be considered a top 5 pick when he comes out. Bear in mind, he's showing that poise as a Soph. Imagine how good he'll be with some real experience :)

Next Years Top 5?

1. Clowney
2. Bridgewater
3. Marquise Lee
4. Tuitt?
5. Jake Matthews

Add in Sammy Watkins, Louis Nix, random Alabama player, Anthony Barr, Bradley Roby and Louchiez Purifoy plus another QB or two and you're looking at a very nice Top 10.

I think Clowney goes #1, he's too rare a prospect not too but Bridgewater will have to start sucking not to be considered a top 5 pick when he comes out. Bear in mind, he's showing that poise as a Soph. Imagine how good he'll be with some real experience :)

Next Years Top 5?

1. Clowney
2. Bridgewater
3. Marquise Lee
4. Tuitt?
5. Jake Matthews

Add in Sammy Watkins, Louis Nix, random Alabama player, Anthony Barr, Bradley Roby and Louchiez Purifoy plus another QB or two and you're looking at a very nice Top 10.

Don't forget that Johnny Football will be a redshirt sophomore and could come out next year. He could be RGIII to Bridgwater as Andrew Luck, on a slightly lesser level, but with a much stronger group around them. And don't forget about Austin Seferian-Jenkins.

Holy crap, next year is a good year to suck. Clowney, Bridgewater, Manziel, Maze. I hope the JEST don't suck at top 3 draft pick porportions, they'd finally find a real QB.

Last edited:
Don't forget that Johnny Football will be a redshirt sophomore and could come out next year. He could be RGIII to Bridgwater as Andrew Luck, on a slightly lesser level, but with a much stronger group around them. And don't forget about Austin Seferian-Jenkins.

Hmmm. Never really saw it with ASJ personally, perhaps I need to watch more UW. Top Ten for a TE? You'll have seen him more than me so I'll trust your judgement but I'm not there yet on him.

As for Johnny Football, not sure he's top 10 material until he shows he can pass the ball with consistency. Outstanding runner, but then that also describes Dennard Robinson.

Here's a name to bear in mind: Brett Smith. He's Wyomings QB. Have seen him briefly and he looks to have good QB'ing skills.

time to trade ryan mallett and a pick maybe 3rd round for a 1st next year and our first this year for a first next year then we would have 3. Look at arizona buffalo and KC to trade first rounders and mallett

The Gator's sophomore shutdown corner back (and standout special teamer) playing WR on offense. I'm in love. Welcome to the MHTK 2014 binky list!

Purifoy sure isn't a shutdown corner. He got beat alot in coverage this year.

time to trade ryan mallett and a pick maybe 3rd round for a 1st next year and our first this year for a first next year then we would have 3. Look at arizona buffalo and KC to trade first rounders and mallett

Or go back to the well and burn Oakland yet again! I miss Al Davis!

Or go back to the well and burn Oakland yet again! I miss Al Davis!

The gift who kept on giving died on us. Thank God we still have the Jets.

Purifoy sure isn't a shutdown corner. He got beat alot in coverage this year.

I'll defer to you on this. I don't actually scout him. There's not much sense in scouting draft ineligible players IMO. I just notice the insane plays he makes and how often his name is called.

The gift who kept on giving died on us. Thank God we still have the Jets.

:(

Al would have drafted Justin Hunter at 3, then traded us his third this year and his first and third next year to pick Tyler Bray.

It will take three 1"s to get Teddy Bridgewater and that's who I want

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back