PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The AFCCG: Pats vs. Ravens Post Game Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
rayfinkle.jpg

The offense may not have deserved to win, but the defense surely did.

really? with all those 3rd and long conversions? or the last ravens drive, save for moore at the end?

Re: I cannot believe what I just saw

Despite the final yardage, the defense played very well when they were allowed to pin their ears back and go after Flacco. It seems strange to say but the offense played complimentary to the defense today.

Phew, what a win. 1 more baby.

Re: Thank you billy

Do not turn your back to Ray Lewis, Billy.

Brady was bad!

But sh*t! We are going to the Superbowl :D

I wonder how many Raven trolls will be talking crap still....

Re: I cannot believe what I just saw

Said it before I'll say it again, the law of averages states that one of these years something like this was bound to bounce our way. They spent a long time making up for everything that went our way in '01-'04 you've got to believe this is our year!

Call me twisted, but almost as enjoyable as a win for me is the funereal silence in the vicinity of the losing locker room :D

I enjoyed them showing the Ravens on the side lines after the kick, you could read their lips saying oh my god with their mouths agape :D

The defense saved their asses. I dont know what was up with the playcalling in this game but it was atrocious. Gaining 4 and 5 yards on runs and they kept going back to the pass. that Bomb to Slater on a first down right after a turnover has to be one of the worst things I have ever seen in a game. RUN THE DAMN ball and milk the clock. Then refusing to run with 2 minutes left to try and get a first down was horrible. The offense just stunk for a good chunk of the game. I hope they have a better game plan for the SB. Benny was doing great. I'm really glad that Gronk seems to be alright.

I cannot Compliment the Defene enough. They busted some plays but they came up big in the clitch espicially Wilfork and Moore. And thanks to Spikes for the interception (even though we gave it right back).

I've never been so near a heart attack in my life.

Re: Official Pats-Ravens Post-Game Thread

1. It doesn't get any closer than that without going to overtime.

2. Home field mattered, for a few false start penalties if nothing else.

3. The refs let them play. I saw at least two helmet to helmet tackles that weren't flagged (one of them the play Harbaugh was visibly calling for a penalty on).

4. I thought before the game the Pats would eventually pull away. I didn't expect them to be -2 on turnovers.

Imagine how he feels like. That must be awful.
He wont be able to sleep in like a month. I really feel bad for the guy.

But I am so happy that we're going to the superbowl I cant find words to describe it.

I love how the CBS crew is giving the Pats no chance, too bad that's the last we will hear of them till next season...:D

Too ecstatic to say any think really constructive.

Willfork was a beast, I could kiss Moore.

Last edited:

The Ravens did what they needed to do on defense. The offense was not there.

They had to do the following to beat us:

1. Brady had to have an off day. That happened
2. The Ravens had to win the turnover battle by 2+ that happened
3. Brady had to have an off day

All three happened and yet the Ravens still lost.

wow.

Yeah the poor dude. But hell, I'll take it all day long. We played poorly and still won!!! REVENGE for 09 complete.

That guy just had the worst moment of his sporting life, you've got to feel for him.

5. Not long before Spikes' interception, he had a great ankle tackle on Ricky Williams. He was a beast.

6. Wilfork was a megabeast. But then, when he came out of college the book on Wilfork was that the best and highest use of him was as an attacking DT. Perhaps it still is.

7. Flacco has a lot of Roethlisberger in him, on the field. Very hard to bring down.

Who the **** calls a grown man Billy. Go shove his **** up your ass some more u ****** cheating ***gets

Ummmm, u mad bro? And you spelt the f-word wrong...

1. It doesn't get any closer than that without going to overtime.

2. Home field mattered, for a few false start penalties if nothing else.

3. The refs let them play. I saw at least two helmet to helmet tackles that weren't flagged (one of them the play Harbaugh was visibly calling for a penalty on).

4. I thought before the game the Pats would eventually pull away. I didn't expect them to be -2 on turnovers.

The play that Harbaugh wanted a call on was NOT helmet to helmet as Molden led with his shoulder. I watched the replay twice (great having a DVR)..

Yes, the refs let them play.. I was kinds surprised that they didn't call any more illegal contact penalties, but things are still good.

really? with all those 3rd and long conversions? or the last ravens drive, save for moore at the end?

Yes and yes.

- They dared Flacco to make the pinpoint short/medium throws, which has been his career-long weakness. And today, he made them -- firing a lot of tight bullets into solid coverage.

- Because the offense turned the ball over 3 times, the defense eventually started to run out of gas. Yet they still gave up only 20 points. On a day when Flacco played like Brady and Brady like Flacco, that's pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back