PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

The 2012 season: the Jets [Mod Edit: STILL] suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pioli might be on Woody's radar in a few days

I don't think Pioli would ever work for the Jets again. He probably hates them almost as much as Belichick. He was still here in 2007 when Spygate happened. His legacy was tarnished too by the Jets although not as much as Belichick.

Also, I don't know how Woody Johnson feels about him bolting with Belichick in 2000. There could be bad blood between Johnson and Pioli. Parcells probably never held a grudge against Pioli because of his daughter, but Woody might.

Granted money can heal a lot of wounds and Pioli may be desperate for a job after KC.

Last edited:
I certainly hope not. Believe it or not, Pioli's brought in some excellent players over there.

i'm not the big Pioli KC draft supporter that you are but I do believe that he should be an improvement on Tannenbaum in constructing a viable team. Like BB, he's had a chance to work on his own and see what was effective and which of his approaches failed so as a obviously intelligent man, he's likely a better GM now with the experience.

Hope he stays away from the Jets and picks a less volatile next GM position. They'll be available.

I haven't been as impressed with Pioli's drafting as you apparently are. Eric Berry was a top 5 so he's supposed to be good. Tyson Jackson has been nothing special and he was a top 3 pick (albeit in a class where the top 10 sucked). Justin Houston has probably been his best pick. He hasn't been terrible, but not exceptional.

I think Deus may be talking about his time a Director of Pro Personnel for the Jets from 1997-2000. The Jets drafting during that time was mediocre at best, but they did bring in a lot of solid free agents including Testeverde, Curtis Martin (although this is more Parcells), Bryan Cox, Pepper Johnson (also might be Parcells although Johnson had a history with Pioli in Cleveland), Anthony Pleasant, and Roman Phifer.

Is Tebow a virgin anymore after the way the Jets gave it to him up the butt. say what you will about the guys QB skills but if he was there to run the wildcat then run the thing ... not like you're going to screw things up more than what they are.

Whoa! Just found out I'm still a virgin! Who knew?

EDIT: those horrific doctor exams don't count, do they?

Last edited:
On the bright side, Woody is the one doing the search.

:rocker:

Since Woody is all about the attention he can get for the team, I think the most logical choice for him is Kate Upton. She is an avid Jets fan and her sister works for the team. Every one of her press conferences would be guaranteed to be the lead story on Sportscenter and Playboy Channel News. Heck Maxim magazine might even adopt a special Jets section to their monthly.

Maybe Woody can put it in her contract that she will Dougie in the endzone every time the Jets score a TD. She would agree to it since it would be one job responsibility she would rarely have to do.

I haven't been as impressed with Pioli's drafting as you apparently are. Eric Berry was a top 5 so he's supposed to be good. Tyson Jackson has been nothing special and he was a top 3 pick (albeit in a class where the top 10 sucked). Justin Houston has probably been his best pick. He hasn't been terrible, but not exceptional.

His first year was a poor one, but he got in late and had to use the scouts that were already there. However,

Berry
McCluster
Arenas
Asamoah
Moeaki
Lewis

all came out of the second draft, and that's a lot of talent. In year three,

Hudson
Houston
Bailey
Brown
Powe

were all solid picks. The issue there is whether or not the first round pick, Baldwin, will ever pull his head out of his ass or not.

Obviously, the jury is still out on the 2012 players, but 2010-2011 was a very good two years, IMO.

Last edited:
Merry Sauckmas, Jet Fans...and I hope Santa brings you another September Super Bowl to howl over...when you get your little nutz sewn back on...OG OG OG!!!

On this Christmas Eve ... Peace on earth, goodwill toward men. Which naturally excludes fans of the perpetually naughty-not-nice New Jersey Green Beans. Who, for the 44th consecutive holiday season, get a nice cold lump of coal in their Christmas stockings. :singing::singing::singing::singing:

Merry Sauckmas, Jet Fans...and I hope Santa brings you another September Super Bowl to howl over...when you get your little nutz sewn back on...OG OG OG!!!

So, do you know why Rats have small balls?

Because not many of them know how to dance.

:D

OK, for those who don't get it, think of balls as in Cinderella wants to go to the "ball".

Last edited:

But there's a potential silver lining:

Mike Tannenbaum's days as the New York Jets' general manager could be numbered. The Jets have quietly begun to reach out to potential candidates, including Houston Texans director of college scouting Mike Maccagnan, CBS Sports reported Monday. A league source confirmed the Jets have sent out feelers.

Tannenbaum, who has two years remaining on his contract, has come under fire in recent weeks as the season has unraveled. Tannenbaum is well regarded by owner Woody Johnson in the area of cap management, and Johnson would like to retain him in that role, the CBS Sports report said.

Sources -- New York Jets have begun search to replace GM Mike Tannenbaum - ESPN New York

So at least Woody may still keep Tanny around to screw up the cap situation, and continue to muddy the waters, instead of making a clean break.

Does it matter who the next GM of the Jets will be?

Seriously ... that's like becoming the new gates of hell operator ... no upside in that job.

Been a while since I've been in here. Just making sure the Jest still suck.

only two certainties in life...

Planck's constant = 6.626068 × 10-34 m2 kg / s

and

the Jets Suck

STOP as briefly as physically possible
Planck Time!

A-v6B88CcAAn2aj.jpg-large.jpeg

But there's a potential silver lining:

Tannenbaum is well regarded by owner Woody Johnson in the area of cap management, and Johnson would like to retain him in that role, the CBS Sports report said.

Sources -- New York Jets have begun search to replace GM Mike Tannenbaum - ESPN New York

So at least Woody may still keep Tanny around to screw up the cap situation, and continue to muddy the waters, instead of making a clean break.

Yeah, the team is depleted of talent, yet they have next to no cap space and the situation is only getting worse next year. Good job on cap management Tannenbaum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe