PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

That's My Boy

Status
Not open for further replies.
i still don't get why people go to movies..i can download quality versions of it 1 week after and save the $$. Movies are stupid expensive...not worth it..especially for a crap movie

A lot of movies play much better on the big screen than on a computer monitor.

No idea about this movie, but I liked Funny People a lot. "It took him becoming a baby for him to learn to be a man." Plus "Yo Teach" was a great nugget. Gilmore, Wedding Singer, Deeds not great movies but ok.

I just finished reading The Rum Diary and figured the movie had to be better than the book so I rented it. Wrong. Last movie I saw in the theater was The Hunger Games, which dragged but delivered.

Most movies now are **** anyways..maybe 1-2 good ones a year it seems. it's like they stopped trying

Go see "Prometheus," that will turn you around.

Adam and Chris Farley were just about the best duo ever on SNL and it was a super good time watching those 2 young rising stars grow up together back then.

Almost as good as the original cast members duo of Belushi and Ackroyd

When Farley died comedy as I saw it just wasn't the same

Last edited:
Funny People was the worst crap ever made. I didn't realize it was a comedy until later on.
Clearly you havnt seen sandlers "Going Overboard". Absolute garbage movie. Worst movie I have ever seen.

There have been too many crap movies over the past few years...slim number of good ones.

Well then you should look into other places for movies outside of mainstream Hollywood. There's tons of Indy films that still make movies with great story structure and character development.

Last edited:
When Farley died comedy as I saw it just wasn't the same

No disrespect while I agree Farley is funny, I'm truly sorry you think comedy is over for you when he passed especially since Farley was really only known for being loud and physical comedy.

Last edited:
The Three Stooges practically invented the slapstick genre; they were comedic innovators.

Slapstick comedy goes way back to the silent era. I would say Chaplin after he created his famous Tramp character, Buster Keaton, etc..

There have been too many crap movies over the past few years...slim number of good ones.

Hollywood is making fewer movies. The idea that it's making fewer good ones makes sense, given that. With the margins being what they are, Hollywood goes for blockbusters, in the hope that a huge hit (i.e. Avengers) can cover losses on busts.

There are still good movies out there, even among the Hollywood creations. They're often just neglected.

Go see "Prometheus," that will turn you around.

That's the only movie I'd consider going to the theater to see.

Blind Side was my last trip to the theater.

This thread is great because we're seeing all these Sandler fans unconsciously out themselves as closet Jets fans. Who knew?

Not a big fan of his slapstick movies, but I saw Spanglish with a friend and thought it was surprisingly good.

As a NH kid, I never figured out the whole Jets thing, given he's a big Sox/Celts/Bruins fan. But I guess he's sincere. Its not like he's a front runner. Its not easy to be a Jets fan. ;)

Hating an unfunny tool like Sandler makes us movie snobs? :rolleyes:

No.

But hating an actor because he's a Jets fan makes you a tool. Sandler made some good movies years ago. Most of his recent stuff has been lame though, but he's not aiming to make award winning dramas. His movies are what they are, easy comedies that don't require much thinking. So enjoy them for what they are.

But having all this hatred for Adam Sandler just because you haven't liked his movies recently and because he is a Jets fan makes you a dip****.

Sandler went to my H.S. and spoke at my graduation, so I got love for Adam. He definitely has had some questionable movies, but Happy Gilmore, The Wedding Singer, Water Boy are some classics. Not to mention he has some underrated movies like 50 First Dates and Reign Over Me.

Manchester High School?...My cousin went there and he spoke at her graduation. She was fortunate to get a picture with him.

Small world.

No.

But hating an actor because he's a Jets fan makes you a tool. Sandler made some good movies years ago. Most of his recent stuff has been lame though, but he's not aiming to make award winning dramas. His movies are what they are, easy comedies that don't require much thinking. So enjoy them for what they are.

But having all this hatred for Adam Sandler just because you haven't liked his movies recently and because he is a Jets fan makes you a dip****.

Reminds me of the scene in Spartacus...

"I am a dip***""

Wow I didn't know there was that much hate for the guy. I kind of always liked his movies. I wouldn't buy them or see them a second time but they're fun. This new one looks like crap though to be honest.

Clearly you havnt seen sandlers "Going Overboard". Absolute garbage movie. Worst movie I have ever seen.

No no no.... "Ice Planet" is seriously the worst movie I have ever seen. Horrible acting, horrible CGI, disjointed storyline that makes little to no sense, heck there's even times when they'll cut to the next scene right in the middle of an character speaking giving crucial plot information. This "film" is so bad it makes the dreck SyFy channel airs look like Oscar material.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST