PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

That was the worst Patriots team I saw in 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Wasn't impressed...

An ugly game by both teams...

You guys play like that against the Jets, and they will eat you alive.. They looked really good today...

BILLS! BILLS! BILLS! BILLS!

NorthwesternFan said:
Wasn't impressed...

You guys play like that against the Jets, and they will eat you alive.. They looked really good today...

This week was what it was. Next week? Well, we'll see what happens when that happens.

Northwestern fan, eh? Heeheeee......34-17 UNH! UNH! UNH!

Indeed. I was expecting the Pats to be in mid-season form in Week 1 and to annilihate the Bills 84-3. :rolleyes:

desi-patsfan said:
Beat by a AA team. So sad. SO funny! :D

I don't know whether to give this guy credit for bravery after that UNH upset or laugh my arse off at him for the sheer stupidity of showing up on a New England board today with the moniker Northwestern Fan!!!!!!!

......the kind of guy who would wear a yarmulke to a KKK meeting. :)

Here's a serious question... do any of you go to other team's board to harrass their members when their team win/lose? I know I don't, and I don't understand why anybody would spend time and energy to do it. And especially when your team just got their backside handed to them by a D1-AA school.

edgecy said:
Here's a serious question... do any of you go to other team's board to harrass their members when their team win/lose? I know I don't, and I don't understand why anybody would spend time and energy to do it. And especially when your team just got their backside handed to them by a D1-AA school.

Every team has fans that do that, I doubt any well established posters here do that however.

edgecy said:

Go over to indystar and see what pats fans are like over there.

NorthwesternFan said:
Wasn't impressed...

Yeah that was one of our worst games.

Strangely enough it'll probably be one of Buffalo's best.

I think I saw at least 2 worst games last year by the Pats. Overall, the game wasn't that bad at all. Both the defense was awesome and the offense were alot better in the 2nd half.

Last edited:
NorthwesternFan said:
Wasn't impressed...

If you mean worst individual game, that's ridiculous. They season opener they lost 31-0 was much worse. If you mean worst team, you're still mistaken. The 2002 team finished very poorly - this team is better than that one.

BTW, how'd Northwestern do yesterday...? They scheduled a 1-AA team so they must have won, but I didn't check the paper...

NEM said:
Belichick said he had no book on the Bills cause it was the first game of the season. I dont buy into that, because it was the first game of the season for both teams, and their coaching staff, especially the defensive coaches, seem to have had a good book on our offense..

NEM, was it not this particular staff's first game together? I think that is what BB meant by not having a book on them. There was so much that they just looked unprepared for on offense. We will see next time they play if they are as unprepared after having several game films on this staff with this personel.

QuiGon said:
If you mean worst individual game, that's ridiculous. The 2003 season opener they lost 31-0 was much worse.
And they went on to win that Super Bowl thing that year.

NEM said:
Belichick said he had no book on the Bills cause it was the first game of the season. I dont buy into that, because it was the first game of the season for both teams, and their coaching staff, especially the defensive coaches, seem to have had a good book on our offense.
We should make NEM the presenter for Belichick's HoF induction and he can tell everyone exactly what Belichick did wrong on his march to Canton :rolleyes:

NEM said:
I dont think it was the worst Patriots team in five years, but it was one of the worst coached halves I have ever seen.

Belichick said he had no book on the Bills cause it was the first game of the season. I dont buy into that, because it was the first game of the season for both teams, and their coaching staff, especially the defensive coaches, seem to have had a good book on our offense..

And, our offensive coaches seemed lost, and made no adjustments, or changes.

In the second half there were a few changes, along with Buffalo losing a couple of key players on defense, but the most noticeable change was the use of the inside passing routes, which proved to be successful.

It was not the worst Patriot team in five years... the defense played well, for the most part, after some adjustments that took them out of "soft" mode.

The caoching staff need a far more agressive offensive game plan next week. It is much more difficult to play from behind onthe road.

That you don't grasp what Belichick says is understandable - you aren't a listener except as it relates to the sound of your own shrill voice. This was a new Buffalo team with all new coaching and roughly 20 new players. They played vanilla in the pre season and didn't even name a starting QB until this week. Teams have a well established book on our team and those who can rush Brady until he makes them pay. He cannot make them pay when they are on him or free to elevate into his passing lanes in a matter of seconds.

Loseman had time in the first half because we couldn't muster a pass rush. Our secondary is such that without one they struggle. Our linebackers were overpersuing and nobody was tackling well. We weren't particularly alert and missed out on a couple of Buffalo miscues and gave them time to regroup. Sometimes the reason teams struggle is rooted in the fact that players aren't performing well. This coaching staff does a better job than most at adapting and adjusting not only to what they see the other team is doing but to how and why our team is underperforming.

This was a lesson for all - players, coaches and fans. It was lost on you as usual because it doesn't jive with your annual half-baked assessment of the offense, but luckily that won't matter going forward. All that matters is that Belichick now has a better read on his team than he had coming out of pre season. He will make adjustments, and hopefully so will a couple of players like Light as just one example of a player who really needs to elevate his game. He also has regular season game tape on his next new opponent who also features an all new coaching staff and offensive scheme.

What they also do that you never do is game plan predicated on the strengths and weaknesses of the opponent as well as their own teams strengths and weaknesses. Their way has a proven NFL track record of success to show for it. All your's has is hot air.

I remember a time when winning was a good thing, no matter how ugly it was. I sense that Pats fans are a little too spoiled after the last few years :(

BelichickFan said:
We should make NEM the presenter for Belichick's HoF induction and he can tell everyone exactly what Belichick did wrong on his march to Canton :rolleyes:

"Awsome idea" Except, I think, they only allow 2hrs max for presenters.

Last edited:
That was the best Bills team ive seen in 5 years.........and they still lost.

You always post here after the Bills lose? I guess you'll be a regular here this season then. :p

What seperates good teams from bad is winning when the chips are down. Brady drove the team in the second half to tie it up.

And then Losman showed his total LACK of awareness by eating the safety that ended the game in the Pats favor.

I'd be more worried about your team than the Pats. We're building off a win. Your coach has to somehow resurrect Losman's confidence after that blunder. The pressure is on the Bills to win now. Starting out in the hole never helps, does it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft