PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

That didn't take long. Chris Harris already providing bulletin board material for the playoffs

Status
Not open for further replies.
All things considered I'd rather have the Broncos' 2 near layups against Oakland schedule than our schedule. But, as you mentioned, theirs certainly isn't a cakewalk. At Cincy, at SD, at KC.....that ain't easy!
(plus noting in general that change for the better/worse in Nov and Dec usually happens regarding the strength of the opponents).

Unfortunately we have to expect the Broncos to run the table. Put another way, like it or not they are very capable of running the table. Given that, the Patriots should also expect to run the table (fortunately we are also, in fact, capable of running the table). My hunch is another loss for the Broncos is probable and can nearly be counted on. Given how tough our schedule is, the Broncos providing that one game margin of error would be comforting as the race for the top seed pulls into the home stretch.
One game at a time.

Don't judge SD on the MIA game. Flying across the country in that muggy, humid swamp.

There was no humidity to speak of yesterday, at game time it was 68 degrees, the daytime high was 71, all the while with light breezes.

It was "sweater weather" for south Florida!

Flying across the country for a 1 PM game is an issue though

I can't believe that punk went straight at Gronks knees again on his first catch! Scumbag.

One thing I hate about the NFL is that dirty DBs are hard to get shots at.

Notice, though, after he went low and Gronk gave him some choice words, he didn't do it again. Matter of fact, he didn't do much of anything the rest of the game. Gronk must have put the fear of Brady into him.

It is an hour after the game on week 9. I am sure there will be plenty of bulletin board material. I just think it is a stupid comment to make after you gotten beaten by a team by three TDs.
His pride was hurt and for good reason. A lot of Broncos (players and coaches) were knocked off their high horse yesterday -- Forehead, Fox, Talib and kicker McManus had their perpetual smirks wiped off their faces.

Anyone notice how chippy Talib was getting late in the game?

It's like, take your loss like a man and move on...

Wow, they are really shook about having to play in NE. LOL

Our boys have a tougher road to keep the number one spot. There can be no letdown games. If there is any team that can maintain that level of focus though, it's this team.

All things considered I'd rather have the Broncos' 2 near layups against Oakland schedule than our schedule. But, as you mentioned, theirs certainly isn't a cakewalk. At Cincy, at SD, at KC.....that ain't easy!
(plus noting in general that change for the better/worse in Nov and Dec usually happens regarding the strength of the opponents).

Unfortunately we have to expect the Broncos to run the table. Put another way, like it or not they are very capable of running the table. Given that, the Patriots should also expect to run the table (fortunately we are also, in fact, capable of running the table). My hunch is another loss for the Broncos is probable and can nearly be counted on. Given how tough our schedule is, the Broncos providing that one game margin of error would be comforting as the race for the top seed pulls into the home stretch.
Yeah, no way NE just runs with it now. I fully expect the hunt for the #1 seed to go down to the wire. I'm really hoping KC can give Denver a game.

They are indeed. And yet...I'm going to make a prediction that NO team in the NFL runs the table from this point. It just doesn't feel like that kind of season.

What it feels like is the Pats might get some breaks this year. The Ravens losing to the Steelers last night helped us. I'd rather see the Steelers than the Ravens in the playoffs.

Apparently, not only does Chris Harris of the Broncos think the Broncos will have a higher seed than the Pats, but he thinks they will come to Denver and lose:

Granted he did back track later:

http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports...e-to-denver-its-going-to-be-a-different-game/

But I think that is the mindset of the Broncos players. They still think that HFA is a given for the Broncos and they will beat the Patriots in Denver in the AFCCG. Shouldn't be talking after you got blown out either way.

You did not analyze it deep enough. He thinks they can't win in Foxboro.

In other news, "we're on to Indianapolis. "

The Broncos have had extreme cake for the last two years for the entire second half of the season. Literally, I don't think they've had a road game against a .500+ team, which is why even after beating them, we knew they would win out and surpass us.

This year, I think the Pats can potentially hold them off. Both teams have the following notable games:

Bills (Home)
Dolphins (Home)
Chargers (Away)

We have to play away games against the Colts and Packers, whereas they have to play away games against the Chiefs and Bengals. I think our sleight is slightly harder because winning in Green Bay will be a huge task, but overall, the road to the playoffs is much closer than the last two years. We do also have Detroit at home, which gives us one more tougher game than them.

If I were a betting man, I'd sadly have to predict that for the third straight season they finish 13-3 while we finish 12-4, but I guess that's why they play the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST