PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank you Mo Lewis!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The comments in this thread still supporting poor misuderstood and underappreciated Drew Bledsoe just underscore how much Belichick needed the cover that Mo provided.

PS - Drew never contributed to a win in 2002. We were ahead already and driving for a score when he came in and finished that drive. From there it was all Troy Brown vs. Steeler incompetence. Drew tried to blow that game on a couple of occasions, but fate simply wouldn't allow it. That he played so poorly in the second half was covered in Patriot's Reign. There was never a question in BB's mind that Brady would start the Superbowl even on an artificial leg. In fact they would have sent Tom back in limping had things not progressed as well as they did on other fronts due in no part to Bledsoe's play in the AFCC game.

Sorry MLR - people here don't have a sense of humor. You're offending people. I guess you're going to have to change your screen name!

;)

For the record I DO have an incredible amount of appreciation and respect for Bledsoe. But nor do I think that you or anyone else wanted to see Drew dead.

i don't think bledsoe was ever the same player after that injury. sure brady turned out better, but bledsoe wasn't that far behind before the injury. afterwards just seems mentally and physically he wasn't all there

$100M Drew (demanding a better contract than Favre's $98M deal) was 5-13 to open the Belichick era. With essentially the same supporting cast, $300K Brady went 11-3 (or 14-3 counting playoffs) to finish out season 2. Yeah, they were close...as close as polar opposites could ever be.

Last edited:
i don't think bledsoe was ever the same player after that injury. sure brady turned out better, but bledsoe wasn't that far behind before the injury. afterwards just seems mentally and physically he wasn't all there

Sorry this is just another Bledsoe Enabling Excuse! Just like the excuse he needs a better line to protect him.

He was the same after the injury as before the injury as his first season in Buffalo proves....

He had a career year as a Bill and then after raising everyones hope to the heavens he proceeded to rip their hearts out and stomp them into the dirt.

Same thing he did with us and same thing he did in Dallas. Quick start then the real Bledsoe shows up and game over.

Bledsoe had a lot of Physical skills which blinded him and those who bought into his game to the real skills it takes to be a winner in the NFL.

Brady does not have Bledsoe"s physical skills but he is head and shoulders above Bledsoe in his NFL QB skills even when he was only in his second year.

The comments in this thread still supporting poor misuderstood and underappreciated Drew Bledsoe just underscore how much Belichick needed the cover that Mo provided.

PS - Drew never contributed to a win in 2002. We were ahead already and driving for a score when he came in and finished that drive. From there it was all Troy Brown vs. Steeler incompetence. Drew tried to blow that game on a couple of occasions, but fate simply wouldn't allow it. That he played so poorly in the second half was covered in Patriot's Reign. There was never a question in BB's mind that Brady would start the Superbowl even on an artificial leg. In fact they would have sent Tom back in limping had things not progressed as well as they did on other fronts due in no part to Bledsoe's play in the AFCC game.

Yes i agree and remember it the same way the Bledsoephiles all have selective memory which is the same disease Bledsoe suffers from. That is why he and they continue to make the same mistakes over and over again.

that game was still very much in doubt when drew came in. he threw a TD and didnt turn it over. he played very well in relief and definitely contributed to the victory. give the man credit where it's due.

that game was still very much in doubt when drew came in. he threw a TD and didnt turn it over. he played very well in relief and definitely contributed to the victory. give the man credit where it's due.

He did not turn it over due to no fault of his own. His flinging it up while going down was a stupid rookie play and the kind of error he continued to make his entire career. The only reason it was not picked off was stupid luck.

Thanks, Mo Lewis, for almost killing one of the people responsible for the rebirth of this franchise.

Brady would've been the starter sooner or later.

Puhleaze. Bozo would have been on the sideline pouting like he was when he came back and didn't get "his job" back. Mo Lewis did more for this franchise than Bozo ever did. Drew Bozo was easily the MOST OVERRATED patriot of all time.

Are you even remotely serious? Bledsoe was NEVER in the same stratosphere that Tom Brady has played in the last 6 years. Not even close. Please, can the Drew Bozo apologists please go to bed and turn off the lights? Good lord. THE GUY SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
is someone contesting the fact that Drew Bledsoe have been the 2nd (SECOND) best ever qb we had in 47 years franchise existence ?

So what's your point? That means he was good? The guy flat out SUCKED. The guy played the smallest in the biggest games. He was tall and had a strong arm and that's about it!! He had crap for brains. He sucked.

My last memories of Drew,when he stepped in for Brady.

He ran out of bounds,got slammed at the sideline the exact same way that almost killed him,
bounced the ball off of one of the opposition guys.

God bless him,he just would not,or could not learn,or change the way he did things.

One of the most frustrating guys I ever watched.

OK, make me resort to the Belichick assessment of his performance from Patriots Reign. He did not play very well, he was 10 of 21 for 102 yards and 1TD, throwing a TD pass to Patton to complete a drive Brady had well underway, he made 2 tough completions to Troy and Marc Edwards, and he made one mental error, 4 bad throws and 4 bad choices per the coaches assessment of the game tape. They did give him a game ball, because he didn't cost them the game, he cried, and BB isn't the anti-christ. But make no mistake about it, Troy Brown and the Patriots D with a little help from Kordell Stewart had a lot more to do with us winning that game than Bledsoe did.

And in his last start prior to being injured, his judgement - which was often his downfall - really bothered his coaches. He committed a delay of game penalty after Charlie and Bill had decided to go for the TD on 4th goal from the 1. Four minutes apart in the first half, he had an intentional grounding penalty and threw an interception, both in JETS territory. He was costing them points and field position in what turned out to be a 7 point division game loss. With 2 minutes left Brady drove the team to the 29, but with 14 seconds left and down by a TD he had to take 4 shots at the EZ for incompletions. Had they scored that TD earlier, he would have only needed to get Adam in FG range, if he wasn't already, and Brady would have had his first shot at a come from behind W in OT.

OK, make me resort to the Belichick assessment of his performance from Patriots Reign. He did not play very well, he was 10 of 21 for 102 yards and 1TD, throwing a TD pass to Patton to complete a drive Brady had well underway, he made 2 tough completions to Troy and Marc Edwards, and he made one mental error, 4 bad throws and 4 bad choices per the coaches assessment of the game tape. They did give him a game ball, because he didn't cost them the game, he cried, and BB isn't the anti-christ. But make no mistake about it, Troy Brown and the Patriots D with a little help from Kordell Stewart had a lot more to do with us winning that game than Bledsoe did.

Besides the totally irresponsible behind the back toss up for grabs, Drew also threw the ball right into the chest of a Pittsburg LB, who droped the easy TD that would have killed us. THAT was vintage Bledsoe.

And in his last start prior to being injured, his judgement - which was often his downfall - really bothered his coaches. He committed a delay of game penalty after Charlie and Bill had decided to go for the TD on 4th goal from the 1. Four minutes apart in the first half, he had an intentional grounding penalty and threw an interception, both in JETS territory. He was costing them points and field position in what turned out to be a 7 point division game loss. With 2 minutes left Brady drove the team to the 29, but with 14 seconds left and down by a TD he had to take 4 shots at the EZ for incompletions. Had they scored that TD earlier, he would have only needed to get Adam in FG range, if he wasn't already, and Brady would have had his first shot at a come from behind W in OT.

I was AT that Jets debacle. The pick was from about the Jets 30, right to James Farrior with NO Pats receiver near him. Vintage Bledsoe.

Last edited:
Isn't it true that Mo Lewis Jersey are sold out?
I think more pats fans bought that jersey than nyj fans.
If you see some green #57 jerseys at the game this Sunday, don't assume that they are jets fans.

Last edited:
Isn't it true that Mo Lewis Jersey are sold out?
I think more pats fans bought that jersey than nyj jans.
If you see some green #57 jerseys at the game this Sunday, don't assume that they are jets fans.

i think you all need to calm down. no one is saying bledsoe is better than brady, and no one is saying bledsoe won the game when brady got hurt on his own. he did perform well in relief, and contributed to the win. that's all. get over the drew-hating BS. the guy's retired and hasnt been here in 6 years

Last edited:
i think you all need to calm down. no one is saying bledsoe is better than brady, and no one is saying bledsoe won the game when brady got hurt on his own. he did perform well in relief, and contributed to the win. that's all. get over the drew-hating BS. the guy's retired and hasnt been here in 6 years
why you quote me!!?
I love Bledsoe!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick