PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Thank the Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrontSeven

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I say thank the Eagles and Ravens for deliving some tough news to the Pats: They're coming in every game from here on out. The Pats are vulnerable. They are not perfect. They are going to get punched in the mouth, even mugged, as teams pull out all the stops. Mesage delivered: Expect a rock fight every week.

The team has gotten a slice or two of true Humble Pie, not the phoney baloney type, and that is a good thing. This is just when they really could benefit from coming back to earth. Thanks to the messengers. You did your jobs. You reminded us how to win when we got punched in the mouth and fell behind.

We can thank the Ravens and Eagles for delivering George Foreman right hooks to the jaw and body, because the team took their best shots and then delivered some of their own. The Ravens were physical in the extreme, and taking those shots sends a message to every other team on our schedule: The Pats don't roll over and they even become more dangerous when playing from behind.

That was the NFL version of the Rumble in the Jungle. We rope-a-doped them. They looked great delivering all of those blows to the body and head, but they didn't knock the team out. I am quite sure the Steelers noticed that.

I am also sure that the Steelers want to run all over us because we showed no ability to stop it until we brought the eighth man into the box. Anybody can stop the run that way, but what about the result in the passing game if the other team has a decent QB who the coach trusts to win the game?

From now on I think teams will certainly want to run the ball, play physical, and dictate the tempo. But I sorta have the feeling that if the Ravens couldn't do it with all that super-charged emotion, then it's going to be tough on the remaining opponents to do better than that.

well, if they dont play better, Pitt will hand us an ass beating for sure.

These last 2 games will be a blessing as the Pats get ready for the playoffs.

I want to compare these last 2 games with Rocky III. Rocky got beaten up badly by Drago and Apollo Creed (in our case BB) is brought in to help Rocky get his "eye of the tiger" back. Finally, Rocky gets his back and goes on and beats the unbeatable Drago, ie. the 19-0 season.

The team has gotten a slice or two of true Humble Pie, not the phoney baloney type, and that is a good thing.

So, you're saying that BB doesn't serve up true humble pie at practice each week? I guess AD was wrong...

BB's Humble Pie might be getting stale. :D

Nothing like a good ol smash-mouth football game to put things in perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
MORSE: Patriots Day 2 Draft Opinions
Patriots Wallace “Extremely Confident” He Can Be Team’s Left Tackle
It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
Back